Time for Oceania to review Cancellations ??

roger b

Here is a new approach by airlines in Canada. If this spreads, then it won't matter whether they cancel or we do - will still be a FCC and not cash back

"Would-be travellers are being denied refunds from major Canadian airlines for trips cancelled by the carriers because of COVID-19. That wasn't the case until recently. Now, anyone without travel insurance will only get a travel credit, good for 24 months".

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

a bit delusional   i think 😎

there's no doubt about it - I have even had an email from British Airways saying they can't wait to welcome me on board our flight to Nice.  Gobsmacked isn't a strong enough word! 😠

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 12:52 PM, Kate-AHF said:

Here is the most recent status for United.  I wonder how they expect us to GET to the cruise?  Because United isn't flying there during May.  Are we supposed to swim?

https://hub.united.com/united-flight-reductions-suspensions-2020-2645514815.html

All Cruises cancelled up to May 14th  !!!!

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:18 AM, Jancruz said:

but it will be about 90 days before you see your money..

I posted this elsewhere but we canceled our Sept. cruise maybe two plus weeks ago. Deposit only. Got the credit to the credit card six days ago.

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Oceania  should post on their main website 

many people not on FB

Only things I see on the Oceania FB page are fluff.  Or things that are also in wide circulation meaning messages already emailed or press release issued.  

1 hour ago, KS&JW said:

Only things I see on the Oceania FB page are fluff.  Or things that are also in wide circulation meaning messages already emailed or press release issued.  

Not Sure if this is false news now , but took this latest reply from the poster this was the latest he wrote .

I understand. I am being told that announcements will be coming out today or at the latest tomorrow.

• Like 1

There is nothing like this on the Oceania FB page. This is just a rumor. Oceania's web site still shows them commencing operations April 12. From the web site just now, March 30 @3:01pm CST

We will plan to recommence and operate with embarkations beginning April 12, 2020.

Seriously? Ya think?

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings today announced an extension of its previously announced voluntary suspension of all cruise voyages to include voyages embarking between April 12 and May 10, 2020 for its three cruise brands: Norwegian, Regent and Oceania.

“With COVID-19 continuing to have a significant impact on communities throughout the world, we are extending our temporary suspension of cruise voyages across our three brands through May 10th,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings. “While we understand this disruption may inconvenience our loyal guests and valued travel partners, we are committed first and foremost to protecting the safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit. We appreciate their continued understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times and do our part to help global efforts to contain this pandemic.”

Guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates between March 13 and May 10, 2020 on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises are asked to contact their travel agent or the cruise line for more information.

UPDATED TRAVELERS ASSURANCE PROG
Guests may cancel up to 48 hours prior to cruise departure and will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid. We have now extended the program for new and existing bookings made through June 30, 2020 for sailings departing through September 30, 2020.

Most lines are now cancelling cruises  about 1 month from the previous batch of  cancellation dates

I guess they are  hoping to have enough $$ left at the end of all this  to keep alive

Just now, Paulchili said:

I can hear you - can you hear me? 😞

Will just have to wait a bit longer and hope they don't run out of cash.

As another poster wrote, a month at a time.  Hopefully yours will be in the next batch.

Actual dates are:

...extend our temporary pause of cruise operations on all scheduled voyage departures through May 10, 2020. We share your disappointment, but we have made this decision with everyone’s best interest in mind. The suspended voyages will be:

Riviera – April 19, April 29 and May 9, 2020
Sirena – April 25 and May 5, 2020
Marina – May 1, 2020
Regatta – May 2, 2020

As for running out of cash, they did secure a big chunk of financing early on . I realize "big" is relative but no idea how big the refund side is either

Kate and Paul,

Do you hear me? Why couldn’t they have made it May 15? I don’t see Spain letting us dock there or us being able to see anything. I just want this behind me! Then I have to deal with air. So far Delta has only a few flights to Europe. They, too, are going a month at a time. The President says June. So we wait!

Patty

• Like 1