Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

It will be a big shame if Pacific Dawn is broken up - we went on her last year for 13 days Singapore to Brisbane and she had only recently been refitted. Although old she was the best condition that I had seen her in for the decade that we sailed on her.  We also liked Aria, Pearl and P&O UK Oriana - all smaller ships than the giants of today. 

• Like 1

I didn't like that there was only one pool on Dawn. It wasn't worth trying to fight your way into the pool past all the kids. Also she had no Dragon Lady or Angelos, so the choice of menus was more limited. The cabins were very tired, but the public areas were quite good. I did enjoy the waterslides though. 🤪

Aria I liked better. Especially the aft pool.

4 minutes ago, sydgal said:

Got an email today from P O offering $1 deposits on cruises on Dawn and Aria for next year to South Pacific and NZ

Oh yeah, those ships have gone to Gowings, more like to the Breakers. Sad i know, how poor is their marketing.

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

It will be a big shame if Pacific Dawn is broken up - we went on her last year for 13 days Singapore to Brisbane and she had only recently been refitted. Although old she was the best condition that I had seen her in for the decade that we sailed on her.  We also liked Aria, Pearl and P&O UK Oriana - all smaller ships than the giants of today. 

We were on her as Regal Princess, last cruise, LA to Syd, 2007, then P and O stuffed her. rip ye olde Regal.

Edited by NSWP

Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn and Pacific Princess pop up on Marine Traffic of the coast of India:

pacificaria18082020.jpg

Pacific Aria is now reporting on her AIS that she is heading for Limassol, Cyprus, and Pacific Princess is reporting the same location, so I think Pacific Dawn will be heading that way as well.

Ships currently off Limassol/Moni are Sky Princess, Regal Princess, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Quest and Maasdam.  Makes sense for transferring Bridge crew and Engineers for changeovers since many are from Italy and Europe.

• Like 1

Thank You to @Ondine for the information:

Limassol is advertised as a good/friendly place for a hot/warm layup.

The following was reported 2 months ago: 

Six Carnival cruise ships choose Limassol for lay-up

The six Carnival cruise ships will lay-up with crew on board until the cruise industry resumes, unlikely before October, according to leading operators.
The four-year-old Bahamas-flagged Seabourn Encore docked at Moni on May 29 and two days later the brand-new Sky Princess flying the Bermuda flag, offering passers-by an amazing sight.
A third Carnival cruise ship is imminent, with three more to follow.
“The vessels will be paying fees for anchorage, will be ordering goods and services from local suppliers to support the crews on board (there are no passengers) and will be utilising local companies to provide technical support and assistance,” the Deputy Ministry of Shipping announced.

From the Financial Mirror/June 3rd

• Like 1

Singapore and Manila Bay Cruise Ship Update - 23th August 2020.

Anchored off Manila Bay:

• Costa Mediterranea
  • Silver Muse
  • Ruby Princess
malliaships22082020.jpg

Anchored off and docked in Singapore:

• Quantum of the Seas
  • Voyager of the seas
  • Ovation of the Seas
  • Celebrity Solstice
  • Crown Princess
  • Island Princess
  • Sun Princess
  • Sapphire Princess
  • Golden Princess
  • Noordam
  • Pacific Explorer
  • Diamond Princess
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Costa Atlantica
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Sea Princess
  • Costa Serena
  • Aidaprima
singaporeships2208202002.jpg
singaporeships2208202003.jpg

Norwegian Escape anchored in Singapore:

norwegainescape22082020.jpg

Since my last update Royal Princess has not moved from her dock near the drydock in Singapore:

royalprincess09082020.jpg

Majestic Princess is anchored off Vũng Tàu, Vietnam:

majesticprincess23082020.jpg

None of the Aussie fleet are in Malaysia at the moment....

Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are kicking around Singapore and Malaysia as well, but they are currently out of AIS range.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, qbay46 said:

Does anyone know where Celebrity Solstice is, was anchored near Singapore a couple of weeks ago but havnt seen it on cruisemapper for a while now.

She and the RCI girls drop off Marine Traffic/cruisemapper for a little while, every so often, you just need to check back a hour latter or a day latter and they pop back up 🙂