Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria and Pacific Princess anchored off Limassol, Cyprus

euships.jpg

Also anchored with them are Sky Princess, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Quest and Regal Princess

Here’s an article fromJune giving.  the economic benefits to Cyprus from the ships.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/06/03/covid19-six-carnival-cruise-ships-choose-cyprus-for-lay-up/

COVID19: Six Carnival cruise ships choose Cyprus for lay-up

While the ships are in this area I was checking around and found this video on the new City of Cairo. Didn’t realise it was such a big project .

When we were in Cairo in 2015 it was fascinating to see the apartment buildings being built in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere in anticipation of moving the city back then.

We were told by the guides that it’s to aid in the preservation of the ancient relics, both standing - Pyramids, Sphinx etc - and those being found in recent archaeological digs.

Though it looks more like it is for city congestion and growth from the video.

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Here’s an article fromJune giving.  the economic benefits to Cyprus from the ships.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/06/03/covid19-six-carnival-cruise-ships-choose-cyprus-for-lay-up/

COVID19: Six Carnival cruise ships choose Cyprus for lay-up

Thank you so much a wonderful read.

Cheers Lynda  

• 1 month later...

Thanks David, nice little video to watch to get one's cruise fix. Love the sound of the sea, lovely area, Poole/Swanage. A real tourist attraction, bet the ice cream vans are doing well.

Edited by NSWP

Sorry I have not posted an update for a while, the cruise ships in Singapore, Manila Bay, have not been up to too much, apart from going between Singapore and Manila Bay.

The ships in Limassol, Cyprus have not been doing much.

Will try and post a full update this weekend.

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, NSWP said:

Thanks David, nice little video to watch to get one's cruise fix. Love the sound of the sea, lovely area, Poole/Swanage. A real tourist attraction, bet the ice cream vans are doing well.

Needing a cruise fix, I've been watching the SBS shows on cruising in the afternoons (with English lady guide).  I was impressed with the relaxing Armadeus ? cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia. Has anyone done that cruise?  Sounds appealing with land travel. 

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Needing a cruise fix, I've been watching the SBS shows on cruising in the afternoons (with English lady guide).  I was impressed with the relaxing Armadeus ? cruise from Vietnam to Cambodia. Has anyone done that cruise?  Sounds appealing with land travel. 

That would be Jane McDonald. Unpretentious, entertaining and always fun to watch.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/cruising-with-jane-mcdonald?cx_cid=od:search:sem:convert:dynamic:v1:prog&gclid=CjwKCAjw0On8BRAgEiwAincsHGFY1ypck8HV2COYzWOg-IcdHNGKI9WeefbfBCUNCLuzt6JVWlNkMBoCEvUQAvD_BwE

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I like Jane, not sure I would want to be with her for more than a few hours and I know some people don't but I find the show entertaining at least.

She could talk underwater.  But she is entertainment, well she used to be a singer on the ships several years ago, she would have been a lively one in the crew bar.😁

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

For your information Uniworld is offering river cruises in that region next year, no single supplement.  I don't want to do too much flying, so am interested in something like that. Just reluctant to part with my money re travel  in uncertain times.

Edited by NSWP