Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

21 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I am still wondering why there has been such a gathering of ships in Malaysia ?

Climate, safe harbours, cost, crew proximity - some open International airports for senior Crew / Officers?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Too long a wait at Manila, David. Some ships were riding at anchor for a couple of months, so the big cruise lines Carnival Corp, RCI etc, probably did a deal with the Malaysian Govt to repat the crews from KL, it is a good flight hub.  

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 4:06 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

From the information I have seen around since the ships moved to Malaysia, they might have gone to Malaysia as its easer for the ships to get crew off and back home.

35 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

From the information I have seen around since the ships moved to Malaysia, they might have gone to Malaysia as its easer for the ships to get crew off and back home.

I think Royal maybe go to have a go at this season with voyager.

It does a trip to Darwin,back to Singapore and Darwin again 14th.

It’s season is supposed to start the 22nd October.

https://portinfo.darwinport.com.au/webx/#

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

What do you make of this David?

Voyager,Radiance and quantum?

https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

Not sure what to make of that schedule . Ships coming and going and staying for short times . Could be maintenance visits ,eg a motor or machinery being removed .sent away for a recondition and then returned in a few days .Could also be provisioning for future cruises .

Interesting schedule indeed, Singapore is a big ship maintenance centre.  I don't think they are going there just to stock up on Tiger Beer and Singapore Noodles !!  I am thinking more like crew movements.

5 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Queen Elizabeth has now arrived back home in Southampton, UK 😞

qe24072020.jpg

qe2407202002.jpg

Cunard carries very many Indian staff, I wonder...did they call in to an Indian Port to unload them, or did they drop them at Manila? 

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Cunard carries very many Indian staff, I wonder...did they call in to an Indian Port to unload them, or did they drop them at Manila? 

I think her Indian crew went to the Carnival Splendor, which then did a trip to India, with many of the Indian crew from the other ships at Manila.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Originally, I suspected that it may have gone on for at least this time but thought it would be back in November 2020 for Australia and NZ, now I think it will be November 2021 at least.

We should make a list of which ships we think will survive .

There is already talk that Celebrity Constellation and Infinity which have not been "Revolutionized" may not be retained. This is strictly supposition on everyone's part of course with no basis in any releases from Celebrity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We should make a list of which ships we think will survive .

There is a thread on the Cunard Board on a report/rumour/industry inside information that Carnival is looking at selling Cunard and Seabourn. Style and demographics making for difficult RoI. 

Article related https://www.cruisehive.com/its-reported-that-carnival-could-be-selling-cunard-and-seabourn/40949

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

There is a thread on the Cunard Board on a report/rumour/industry inside information that Carnival is looking at selling Cunard and Seabourn. Style and demographics making for difficult RoI. 

Article related https://www.cruisehive.com/its-reported-that-carnival-could-be-selling-cunard-and-seabourn/40949

Chris Frame's Cunard Page - got in contact with Cunard and this is there response:

116034739_3161272640633574_5039514106437