Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

For your information Uniworld is offering river cruises in that region next year, no single supplement.  I don't want to do too much flying, so am interested in something like that. Just reluctant to part with my money re travel  in uncertain times.

I think none of us want to do long haul flying, nor part with our money for cruises in advance. 

would be nice to think about a cruise in the future.  i never booked long in advance anyway.

I read an article by the ABC Breakfast TV Show reporter who is in US reporting on the election

He said he had two whole rows to himself and there were about 30 people in economy.  However, flight from San Francisco was packed.  

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Nice looking ship but not many balconies which I think will become a must after COVID.

The older ships do not have many balconies, you pay a lot of £ for a balcony. That ship wont be moving for a while. For sale is she not? Following the crash of CMV.

Edited by NSWP

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The older ships do not have many balconies, you pay a lot of £ for a balcony. That ship wont be moving for a while. For sale is she not? Following the crash of CMV.

I just read elsewhere on CC , Columbus sold recently to Sea Jets, a ferry company. Appears she will be a people mover. Price US$5.3 million.

Edited by NSWP

Singapore and Manila Bay Cruise Ship Update - 1st November 2020.

Anchored off Manila Bay:

Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Crown Princess where anchored in Manila Bay, but due to Typhoon Goni, they have gone to sea to ride out the storm!

Typhoon Goni: Philippines hit by year's most powerful storm: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54759868

manila-cruiseships01112020.jpg

Anchored off and docked in Singapore:

• Voyager of the seas
  • Celebrity Solstice
  • Sapphire Princess
  • Pacific Explorer
  • Diamond Princess
  • Radiance of the Seas
  • Carnival Splendor
  • Ruby Princess
  • Spectrum of the Seas
  • Royal Princess

singapore-cruise-ships01112020.jpg

As you can see above (top right) Ovation of the Seas is going for a run!

Costa Atlantica and Costa Mediterranea, don't want to be apart of the above group and are social distancing from them🤣

costa-ships-singapore01112020.jpg

Golden Princess has been docked along side the wet dock at SembCorp Ship Yard, I guess for technical maintenance, but now she is going for a run:

goldenprincess01112020.jpg

Costa Venezia is also at at SembCorp Ship Yard, I guess for technical maintenance:

costavenezia01112020.jpg

Quantum of the Seas docked in Singapore, ready to start her first cruise from Singapore.

quantumoftheseas01112020.jpg

Carnival Spirit and Majestic Princess are currently anchored off Galang Island, Singapore:

galang-island-singapore.jpg

Not too sure why they are down their, and not with the rest of the pack?!

Anchored off Limassol, Cyprus

• Pacific Aria
  • Regal Princess
  • Sky Princess
  • Seabourn Quest
  • Seabourn Ovation
  • Seabourn Encore

Limassol-Cyprus-cruise-ships.jpg

Notes:

* Yes, Sun Princess & Sea Princess have been sold, but in till they change names &/or get handed over to their new owners, they will still be mention in the updates 🙂.
* Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are kicking around Singapore and Malaysia as well, but they are currently out of AIS range.

*. Island Princess and Noordam are now anchored/docked in Katakolon, Greece.

*. Pacific Princess is now docked in Civitavecchia, Italy

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

I just read elsewhere on CC , Columbus sold recently to Sea Jets, a ferry company. Appears she will be a people mover. Price US$5.3 million.

It's a ferry company, but it's not believed she will do that work there, as is not suited to it.

It's not the only cruise ship the owner has bought, so there's speculation he's either trying to buy low to resell when the market recovers, or maybe has other plans in mind (like starting a separate cruise line, though this is thought less likely in the current situation).

So a bit of a mystery, but looks like he's holding for the future to make money in recovery.

5 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

It's a ferry company, but it's not believed she will do that work there, as is not suited to it.

It's not the only cruise ship the owner has bought, so there's speculation he's either trying to buy low to resell when the market recovers, or maybe has other plans in mind (like starting a separate cruise line, though this is thought less likely in the current situation).

So a bit of a mystery, but looks like he's holding for the future to make money in recovery.

Bought 6 ships.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

CDC has said they can cruise soon, they may be gearing up.

Only after they do test sailings and create agreements with hospitals and laboratories for COVID19 intake and testing, prove they can manage quarantine procedures and a whole bunch of other hurdles I have forgotten😂. You can read it yourself :

CDC Conditional Sail Order

For those who don't want to read 40pages here is summary though a little too brief:

Cruise Ships Can Sail Again, With Strict Rules. Here’s What to Know.

14 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Only after they do test sailings and create agreements with hospitals and laboratories for COVID19 intake and testing, prove they can manage quarantine procedures and a whole bunch of other hurdles I have forgotten😂. You can read it yourself :

For those who don't want to read 40pages here is summary though a little too brief:

Thanks for posting, Holy Moly, some work has gone into that CDC document.  I reckon some cruise lines will find it too hard to comply., leading to their demise.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for posting, Holy Moly, some work has gone into that CDC document.  I reckon some cruise lines will find it too hard to comply., leading to their demise.

Would think that each cruise line that CDC affects would know all about this, probably before the public? 

Edited by Porky55

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It should also be remembered this is only CDC requirements. They haven't even gotten into the requirements destinations countries will place, most of which are the Carribean nations which have been far more hesitant about restarting cruises than the industry had expected. I think the only one willing so far is Mexico, not really enough ports to sustain a whole industry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

It should also be remembered this is only CDC requirements. They haven't even gotten into the requirements destinations countries will place, most of which are the Carribean nations which have been far more hesitant about restarting cruises than the industry had expected. I think the only one willing so far is Mexico, not really enough ports to sustain a whole industry. 

For sure, some countries will just refuse entry to the ships. Makes the world cruises shaky.

34 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Thanks.  That is very interesting.  The item which jumped out to me was that cruises couldn't be longer than 7 days.  No wonder cruise lines have no cruises planned for Aust/NZ, whilst the virus is still active.  

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  That is very interesting.  The item which jumped out to me was that cruises couldn't be longer than 7 days.  No wonder cruise lines have no cruises planned for Aust/NZ, whilst the virus is still active.  

But isn’t that ruling for the USA? Why does it have to be 7 (seven) days here because it is  there?

We are not governed by the CDC in Aus - unfortunately I think we are governed by ABF and the Federal Govt though? 

• Like 1