Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Currently wearing this:

4b297f160082f51bd4b2817bed80fc7a.jpg

If my short shorts were any shorter you all would get a sneak peek at the acorn I have hiding in my center pocket.

40 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

And I had started thinking maybe Internet is a fishing net thing that they use on ships for catching the seafood they serve.

I am pretty sure internet refers to the stockings on little lady.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LeesSummitCruiser1 said:

I worked for them in the late 80s Early 90s at the Kansas City Maintenance base

I grew up in Platte Woods in the 1970's when there was nothing up north except for the overhaul base. Most of my neighbors either worked there or were pilots for TWA.

Will someone be transcribing the shortwave teletype messages and posting them to USENET, or will you only be cabling updates in when you reach the exotic Bahamian Islands?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What is a muster drill?  We had to take our life jackets from our cabin to a US Coast Guard Emergency Drill.  At least that is what they call it on Big Norway, in the daily schedule we got.  It shows all our activities for the day, and it is two type written pages.  Can you imagine how many typists they must have to do these?

I like how open and airy our lifeboats are.  I would hate if they were covered.  You can see all around, and it makes it so easy if you have to bail out water.

F001530A-A9B6-4484-8E86-5E0100193D6D.thumb.jpeg.2f4f30c0a8fceb0da07bb18ef4a14b96.jpeg

Don't you love that the Norway carries her own tender boats?  No waiting for boats to come from shore!  It's so much fun to watch them lower the tenders over the side. Make sure you check that out!

We're booked on the Song of America soon, she's going to seem so small after sailing on the Norway. But we're anxious to try her out.  

• Like 1

Did you happen to catch a baseball spring training game before your cruise?  After all, it is the only time of year to see major league baseball in Miami.  And I hear they’re experimenting with a new rule called the designated driver or something like that.  Or is the designated driver what you use to hit the golf balls off the back of the ship?  The new rule must be experimental - only half the teams get to use it.

Speaking of ships and baseball, did you hear some shipbuilder from Cleveland is buying the Yankees?  I think his name is Steinway or something like that.  If he’s in Cleveland, sounds like he’ll be a hands-off type of owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tim and Courtney must be eating their 5 course meal still, that is if they found their way to the dining room.  

I can't wait to see what they had flambéd table side tonight.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Tim and Courtney must be eating their 5 course meal still, that is if they found their way to the dining room.  

I can't wait to see what they had flambéd table side tonight.

I hope they had proper attire.  Our schedule listed the attire that was expected of the Gents and Ladies. 

We didn’t get too dressed up since it wasn’t formal night. I just wore a casual 3-piece suit complete with dickey and spats.

We are so full! Dinner was incredible - better than any land based restaurant in NYC or anywhere else. I can’t believe it’s FREE. They should charge extra for this stuff! Haha.
  • Like 1

YouTube can seem to have many things.

They have a video of the first RCL entertainment act on our first cruise. Two singers with comedy.

Check it out if you wish, about a 20 minute clip. Go to youtube and search....

Alan and Shane Impressions

It was a great show, and if you watch you will see it’s definitely a different time, about 30 years. 

ps..we did not see this exact show, but the same act on Nordic Empress circa 1990.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

We didn’t get too dressed up since it wasn’t formal night. I just wore a casual 3-piece suit complete with dickey and spats.

We are so full! Dinner was incredible - better than any land based restaurant in NYC or anywhere else. I can’t believe it’s FREE. They should charge extra for this stuff! Haha.

Slow down on the free food! You want to stay svelte for those beach days in the Bahamas!

custom-Custom_Size___Andy+Sweet11+copy.j

• Like 4

Here's a new booklet about the conversion of the SS Norway, the "World's Biggest Cruise Ship." I'll staple it to the bulletin board. You can press your hand to the words below and your television will open up so you can see the book.

https://digital.wolfsonian.org/WOLF039364/00001/pageturner?search=Norwegian#page/1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

Don't you love that the Norway carries her own tender boats?  No waiting for boats to come from shore!  It's so much fun to watch them lower the tenders over the side. Make sure you check that out!

We're booked on the Song of America soon, she's going to seem so small after sailing on the Norway. But we're anxious to try her out.  

People forget Royal ships threw Voyager Class carried own Tenders. Not sure if any Radiance Class also had them... Love this thread, best in long time...

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

People forget Royal ships threw Voyager Class carried own Tenders. Not sure if any Radiance Class also had them... Love this thread, best in long time...

Voyager, isn't that some space craft out near Pluto? And I am pretty sure Radiance is the name of the spa on our amazing mega ship getting closer to the exotic Bahamas. 

This is so exciting I barely slept last night.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Thanks Yorkvillain... This helps ease the depression brought on by my cancelled Virgin Voyages cruise in May...

They have cruises just for virgins?  I think that’s nice - just because someone isn’t married yet doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a nice time on a cruise! I imagine they may be looked at funny on a cruise full of married people.

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

Do you have any children onboard?  I have not seen any!!!

On our daily schedule for the "Big Norway", it says children at the indoor pool and fitness center must be accompanied by an adult, and that they are only allowed there between 3:30 and 4:30 Monday thru Saturday.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to bring a child on a cruise.  What could they possibly do?