Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

DiamondFour, I find your constant usage and emphasis on the 'virus from china' (sic) terminology to be quite racist. Given that I also believe you are probably of Chinese extraction and have a personal and/or political grudge against the Chinese government, I wish you would give it a rest.

I am definitely not chinese in any way shape or form. Family background is British since the first fleet.

I am finding it upsetting, distressing and quite discriminating that news media, governments and the public are turning on cruise ships calling them "viral incubators" or "floating petri dishes" it is quite disgraceful and hurtful and insulting to people who do cruises and enjoy cruises.

The virus needs to be called for what it is "the virus from china" to make it clear and reinforce that it is the virus from china and not something unique to cruise ships. With 12,000 dead in America, 14,00 dead in Spain and 17,000 dead in Italy, their deaths had nothing to do with cruise ships but only the virus that came from china. I cannot sit back and watch the industry I love, the ships that gave me enjoyment and the lifestyle that keeps me alive be tainted and associated with a virus it is not associated with.

By associating the virus from china it takes away the blame from cruise ships and the hurt and discrimination it forces on their loyal passengers.

The only connection to Asia I may have is that one day my children will only hold Japanese citizenship the way this country has upset me with its inhumane actions against cruise lines.

6 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

I am definitely not chinese in any way shape or form. Family background is British since the first fleet.

I am finding it upsetting, distressing and quite discriminating that news media, governments and the public are turning on cruise ships calling them "viral incubators" or "floating petri dishes" it is quite disgraceful and hurtful and insulting to people who do cruises and enjoy cruises.

The virus needs to be called for what it is "the virus from china" to make it clear and reinforce that it is the virus from china and not something unique to cruise ships. With 12,000 dead in America, 14,00 dead in Spain and 17,000 dead in Italy, their deaths had nothing to do with cruise ships but only the virus that came from china. I cannot sit back and watch the industry I love, the ships that gave me enjoyment and the lifestyle that keeps me alive be tainted and associated with a virus it is not associated with.

By associating the virus from china it takes away the blame from cruise ships and the hurt and discrimination it forces on their loyal passengers.

The only connection to Asia I may have is that one day my children will only hold Japanese citizenship the way this country has upset me with its inhumane actions against cruise lines.

Actually it makes it unclear, since there are many virii from China. What are you talking about?

Conversely, calling it by its correct common name of covid-19 makes it clear what you are specifically talking about. And also has no inherent association to cruise ships - aside from biases in people's minds. But then people have bias against many things, holidays, wealth, countries...

12 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

Your youth makes you very 'energised' by this issue (I seem to recall you saying you identified in the 35-45 year old bracket). Trust me, in another 30 years you will have seen it all (or most of it) many times before and learn to just take what's happening outside your own home with a grain of salt.

No country or government is lily white (so to speak). Japan is a beautiful country and the people are lovely - I have a great deal of respect for them. Is the government perfect, though in its choices and actions? Many would say it is not. It's a luxury indicative of the privilege we have here in Australia that you can contemplate choosing citizenship based on how your government and the local media have, in your opinion, unfairly targeted your favourite holiday activity and cruise line.

Edited by LittleFish1976

3 hours ago, DiamondFour said:

ultimately caused by the virus from china that unfortunately found its way onto a cruise ship.

From China, eh. Why did we blame Spain for the Spanish flu? Because it came from America (Kansas). So, in future conversation on Spanish flu you will now call it the American flu, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I would agree with you however it would be preferable if DiamondFour referred to the virus by it's common name of Covid-19.

Since there seems to be confusion, hopefully this helps:

The virus is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) which causes the disease known as COVID 19.

Edited by ilikeanswers

2 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Since there seems to be confusion, hopefully this helps:

The virus is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) which causes the disease known as COVID 19.

True, but most people are just using COVID-19 to refer to it now. 

1 hour ago, DiamondFour said:

I think you have confused the issue. People are blaming cruise ships for spreading the virus not being the cause of the virus's jump to humans. Repeating that the virus is from China is not a counter argument to those people's belief that cruise ships helped spread it around the world.

The only way that can happen is if a parent of the child is a Japanese citizen so you will have to restrict your choice of partners to Japanese citizens and it will have to be a hetrosexual relationship as they do not legally recognise any homosexual relationships. Japanese citizenship is one of the most difficult citizenships to obtain but good luck👍.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Chinese or Japanese I don't care, I like both cuisines.

Chinese isn't a cuisine. There are many different cuisines that originate in China. What we are used to as Chinese cuisine is usually Cantonese.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Chinese isn't a cuisine. There are many different cuisines that originate in China. What we are used to as Chinese cuisine is usually Cantonese.

That is like every cuisine in the world. You can break them all dowm into provinces, regions, tribes but it is just easier to go by country otherwise it will be long list of provinces I would have to roll out😆.

Edited by ilikeanswers

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

That is like every cuisine in the world. You can break them all dowm in to provinces, regions, tribes but it is just easier to go by country otherwise it will be long list of provinces I would have to roll out😜.

Which is logical when people have enough of a problem pronouncing szechuan.

• Haha 1

Actually it gets even more complicated in SE Asia as the cuisines meld from one country to the next, with similar dishes in several countries but with very slight differences. Then there is Singapore - the great cuisine melting pot! I used to love going there, tagging along on DH's business trips. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think you have confused the issue. People are blaming cruise ships for spreading the virus not being the cause of the virus's jump to humans. Repeating that the virus is from China is not a counter argument to those people's belief that cruise ships helped spread it around the world.

The only way that can happen is if a parent of the child is a Japanese citizen so you will have to restrict your choice of partners to Japanese citizens and it will have to be a hetrosexual relationship as they do not legally recognise any homosexual relationships. Japanese citizenship is one of the most difficult citizenships to obtain but good luck👍.

How do you know I am not already married to a Japanese woman?

How do you know I am not already married to a Japanese woman?

Assuming you are male by birth then you can start the application for your kids Japanese citizenship.  At least with a Japanese passport they will have visa free entry to China😜.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think Taiwanese is pretty good too😜.

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

I prefer Indian or Thai myself. 

Likewise, as well as Vietnamese, Burmese Cambodian, Malaysian, Korean and Indonesian. 

No sure if I have left any Asian cuisines out.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh, there's no fun in being too specific! 😀

Banh Mi. Can either be fabulous or awful. I had a bad one and it took me ages to eat again. Serves me right for going to a more westernised version. Back to authentic. 

At this point I'm feeling more positive than I have in a long time. Australia is doing very very well in beating this virus. Let's keep it up - keep your distance -  and knock that bad boy/girl to hell. 

Edited by Pushka

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Oh, there's no fun in being too specific! 😀

Banh Mi. Can either be fabulous or awful. I had a bad one and it took me ages to eat again. Serves me right for going to a more westernised version. Back to authentic. 

Phat Panda does a great one.

On a visit to Saigon (cruise), we decided to go on a ship's excursion which took us to a number of well known places and included a lunch at a hotel. I made the mistake in thinking we would be having Vietnamese dishes which I love, no it was combination of western style Vietnamese and western including french fries! I was so disappointed!

Leigh