P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I remember my very first day arriving in Canada transferring from airport to our new house it was 112 dgs and we stopped to get ice creams for the kids while travelling and they didn’t even last 1 lick 😂 and was told by a native Indian sat outside the shop that you don’t buy ice creams in this weather you buy slush puppies.

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Should be lovely at Chewton tonight, but it will be hot so hopefully you have a hat and one of those mini fans……

Enjoy!

Yes it should be , I have a few mini fans that will last all night it just about fits in my back pocket and quite powerful, I’m not taking a bag because the size allowed is small , and there plenty of food and drink places to buy stuff etc obviously at a high price but I’m certainly looking forward to see Michael after all these years .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes it should be , I have a few mini fans that will last all night it just about fits in my back pocket and quite powerful, I’m not taking a bag because the size allowed is small , and there plenty of food and drink places to buy stuff etc obviously at a high price but I’m certainly looking forward to see Michael after all these years .

Hopefully they will distribute water to everyone, but it would be a good idea to take some of your own. According to my app the temperature at New Milton will be 28c at 5pm,, and will still be 26c at 8o’clock.

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Madness if it gets to 40 tomorrow 

Hottest I’ve ever been in is 37 in Florida. Never thought England would get hotter! 

My poorly little ones are in school just hoping it’s not too hot in there for them 

I was in Spain one June, about 6 years ago, when it hit 40 three days running. It was still 30 at 1.30am... I didn't even go down to the pool until about 5.30...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Went to doctors for asthma appointment this morning and all the beach road parking had gone and this was at 7.55 people off down to beach, just got back home and car temp said only 26 so cool at the moment.

Im off to see Michael Bible’ tonight at the chewton Glen, gates open at 5 but he’s not coming on until 9 I think so along time waiting around for him , no seats allowed to be brought in or umbrellas for shade , hopefully it would of cooled down by the evening and have to sit on the grass until then .

Have a good cool day everyone 🌞😎

Sounds as though the parking is going to be a nightmare again.  Reports in the Echo said 2 hour queues on the Spur Road, problems on the A31 yesterday evening and shocking parking on the East Cliff such that emergency vehicles might not get through! 

Fortunately I think your journey will avoid these pinch points.

Have a wonderful time. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

The latest forecast for this part of the world  on Tuesday shows a temperature of 111 F.

Holey Moley ! 

That is the temperature which is in the shade.

In the sun it could be 10° higher.

It is 26°C and sunny here with 29°C forecast today but in the 30s tomorrow.

• Like 2

As the car park at work is down by the beach and the climb up is steep,  I'm thinking of getting the bus to and from work tomorrow. The bus stops are just down the road here and outside the door at work, so I won't arrive at work hot and out of breath!😌

• Like 3

Just met a friend for a charity shop lookround & coffee catch up locally. Luckily she picked me up in her aircon  car, & only a short walk round. Surprisingly we got a space in the car park, unusual because so many people use it as it’s free, they park up & get a taxi to lands end airport 🙄. Introduced my friend to iced coffee, but she wasn’t too keen, it was actually quite refreshing though.  we named a settee just by the door with a decent cool breeze & put the world to rights. Now home & the dog’s gone to sleep on me in discust for not taking her out for a walk.

Forcast is cooler tomorrow with thunder storms mid morning.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

When I was a student in Birmingham, back in the 60s, it got very hot one summer. Hot enough to fry an egg on a Mini, we thought.

Warning - don’t try this at home. It doesn’t work!  And it’s very, very messy! 😉

And it'll take the laquer off the paintwork permanently.Some little sod egged my van from a block of flats,I learnt the hard way not to clean it off straight away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very nice - sounds a great place to be this week, Zap!  40C forecast here for tomorrow, which sounds even worse converted to 104F somehow.

Have a great time. 😀

I still think in F not C and I’m not that old!

Supposed to be getting to 37 here today and tomorrow and 32 by now but my outside thermometer is 'only' showing 28 and it is accurate. Managing to keep lounge cool at 24, windows open early until outside temp higher than inside and curtains shut. The opposite to winter but house insulation also works well in hot weather if properly managed.

Fortunately I don't have anything planned the next 2 days so can just relax and keep cool.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very nice - sounds a great place to be this week, Zap!  40C forecast here for tomorrow, which sounds even worse converted to 104F somehow.

Have a great time. 😀

Kristiansand is quite nice, not too hot, but with good quality shops. The polo shirts are very expensive, they must be expecting a visit from Graham. 

IMG_20220718_111615_3.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

Appears the Church of England doesn’t care much for the welfare of the children attending the local CofE Primary School, about an hour ago just saw children being marched along street from school to church. About a 10 min walk in blazing sunshine the temperature was 34C at the time, temperature as since risen to 35C for their return to school. Given the last day of school before end of term is Thursday you would have thought it would be sensible to postpone until Wednesday when it is meant to be cooler.  

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Forcast is cooler tomorrow with thunder storms mid morning.

Oh no, I must watch Sky news so they can tell me what to do to survive any rain.

Me ma would have known, put thee big coit and wellies on lad, an if that gooin t'Ilkley dunt forget thee at.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Temperature in shade in our south facing garden is 38.3C, was 30C when I reset at 11 this morning. 

Inside I sitting in lounge which faces north, temperature has risen to 23C. 

0DA21C91-89D2-4F24-9A03-86E352FB3FAE.jpeg

Since I took the photo, temp has risen to 39.4C,