P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:
Press release

Over 50s to be offered COVID-19 booster and flu jab this autumn

Everyone aged 50 and over will be among those offered a COVID-19 booster and a flu jab this autumn under plans to increase protection against respiratory viruses ahead of winter.

UK Health Security Agency
Published
15 July 2022
Last updated
15 July 2022 

This is on Gov website which was updated yesterday so looks like flu vaccine will be offered to over 50s.

Thank you. I knew they’d done an about turn on Covid boosters for 50-64 years old, I didn’t realise they changed their mind on free flu jabs as well for that group. That is good news. I expect it’ll take Boots a while to catch up 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Chatham, same as last year. Hempstead is nearer but only 30 mins on the bus to Chatham

We had our Covid boosters at Boots, Chatham last November. But I don’t really like going to Chatham very much. I’m hoping Hempstead Valley will do the flu jabs again  as it’s more convenient and I like going there. Next time I’m there, I will call in and ask about it. 

25 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m hoping Hempstead Valley will do the flu jabs again  as it’s more convenient and I like going there. Next time I’m there, I will call in and ask about it. 

You will probably go there before I do, if so, can you let us know.  Its convenient for us too.Thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dunnster1965 said:

Mrs Dunnster and I had successfully avoided any infection until we stepped off Iona last Saturday. The very first thing we did was test positive and we locked ourselves away. After 5 days we retested and remained positive so we continue with our hermit-like existence and not feeling at all well. We really enjoyed the cruise although the after effects have rendered the benefit received negligible. Not sure what status I am about getting a booster as am a mere child of 56 yo 👶

Still, the amount of free time I have available means I can spend time reading this forum!

I’m of a similar age, but all over 50s in Wales will get a booster this autumn. 

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:
Press release

Over 50s to be offered COVID-19 booster and flu jab this autumn

Everyone aged 50 and over will be among those offered a COVID-19 booster and a flu jab this autumn under plans to increase protection against respiratory viruses ahead of winter.

UK Health Security Agency
Published
15 July 2022
Last updated
15 July 2022 

This is on Gov website which was updated yesterday so looks like flu vaccine will be offered to over 50s.

We usually get our invite to book an appointment for flu vaccine around late August via our GP. Last year was very efficient the practice has multiple sites, it converted one to a flu/Covid vaccination site. Appointment for set time in through front door out via back, all very efficient using both practice nurses and a nurse practitioner through if 5 mins, appears they plan same process this year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, purplesea said:

Just returned home after being at work all afternoon and evening. We had a visit into the bay this afternoon too. This is was view from our reception. 

20220716_141637.jpg

20220716_142217.jpg

Wow.

What a gorgeous view from your reception.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Wow.

What a gorgeous view from your reception.

Morning Graham,just seen on MSN homepage that 1 of your South Shields beaches is in the UK top 5.

• Thanks 1

Another bright sunny day here and it's going to get hot, at present it's 21oC. Not working today, but need to catch up with some chores, but am tempted to leave them and head down to the beach. 

Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Another bright sunny day here and it's going to get hot, at present it's 21oC. Not working today, but need to catch up with some chores, but am tempted to leave them and head down to the beach. 

Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

Only going to get to 32c here today. 

Not looking forward to Tuesday and the forecasted 42c🔥

Morning all, my washing dried in just over an hour and I’m sitting in the dining room as it’s cooler then my lounge. I’ve got hubby’s ‘Siri’ pod nearby so I just asked her to play me some Beatles and so I’m reading and singing along!

I like the sun and warmth but I’m dreading the next couple of days. The media are making it sound like we’re all going to die! Luckily I’d already arranged to work at home tomorrow due to an appointment and my home ‘office’ is quite cool so that’s good. Also Tuesday is my day off - sitting quietly in a darkened room probably!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, purplesea said:

Just returned home after being at work all afternoon and evening. We had a visit into the bay this afternoon too. This is was view from our reception. 

20220716_141637.jpg

20220716_142217.jpg

What a fabulous view!

• Like 4

Lovely day in Sevenoaks.We've got the kids while our daughter takes her OH into London to see the Guy Fawkes immersive show at the Tower of London vaults and dinner after for his birthday.Too much activity for us,lol.

• Like 3

It's a tad on the warm side here, 28oC, it actually doesn't feel that hot as there is a light breeze. We had a run to Junction 32 this morning to see if we could spot a bargain, which I didn't but Mrs YP seemed to do alright, she saved me a fortune 😉. We even sat inside at Costa as the aircon was nice, tried not to cough in the dry air of course. Enjoy the sun over the next few days, you never know when we will get some more.  

• Like 3

Hope everyone is ok.  I'm one of those strange people who aren't keen on summer, never have been.  Give me a grey day anytime!

Anyway, I thought I would just mention blue Badge Renewals.  A friend told me to apply early as they were taking 10 weeks in some/most areas. I Iaughed, but sent off early just in case.

Well that was early April.  They took my money straight away.  In a phone call they told me it's still in assessment and it could take 16 weeks.  Its nearly that now.

I asked what  I should do and she said I should cut up my card and I can't use a disabled bay until I have the new one.   Its not my fault, but I will now have problems.

I hope this prompts someone to apply a bit earlier than normal.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It's a tad on the warm side here, 28oC, it actually doesn't feel that hot as there is a light breeze. We had a run to Junction 32 this morning to see if we could spot a bargain, which I didn't but Mrs YP seemed to do alright, she saved me a fortune 😉. We even sat inside at Costa as the aircon was nice, tried not to cough in the dry air of course. Enjoy the sun over the next few days, you never know when we will get some more.  

We changed our plans and came to North Wales yesterday for a few days thinking the sea breeze might take the edge off the heat today and extreme heat tomorrow and Tuesday. I don’ know the current temperature in Stoke but I feel I may already have made a big error. It is sweltering here and most people seem to be indoors where it is likely to be cooler. Very sensible.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

After applying deer repellent granules to my borders and attaching reflective tape to the fence, to stop them eating my plants, here’s a photo I took yesterday evening. I have decided to admit defeat. They are beautiful (the deer not my plants) but I don’t know what else to do. They obviously don’t like climbing the two steps to the patio as all my pots on there are untouched.

150036FD-E8B9-42D3-B504-E9C6669FC322.thumb.jpeg.ae19f37c930cabaf9717445cdf1deab7.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

We changed our plans and came to North Wales yesterday for a few days thinking the sea breeze might take the edge off the heat today and extreme heat tomorrow and Tuesday. I don’ know the current temperature in Stoke but I feel I may already have made a big error. It is sweltering here and most people seem to be indoors where it is likely to be cooler. Very sensible.

Thats weather for you, it is now 30oC, normally we only get 30 when it is 15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, purplesea said:

20220716_141637.jpg

20220716_142217.jpg

If only P&O would bring in a ship or two that size..... (don't worry, I know they never will, just wistful thinking...).

• Like 2