P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

In warm weather if you know where to go,pies are much cheaper to buy. 

Beef pie $2 in Cuba

Chicken  $1 in Barbados. 

These are just a couple of The Pie Rates of the Caribbean 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Just back from a surprise afternoon tea, with family, all my siblings, children, grandchildren, step children and step grandchildren,  the food was excellent, as was the sangria & Prosecco. All the windows in the venue were open, but boy was it hot, very much enjoyed by all those there, my wife has managed to keep it a secret since February, as have my children.

Driving back the thermometer said 32C, got home a little cooler at 30C, now sitting in front of the fan.

Looking out of window across the road to churchyard I can see a man sunbathing, he comes every other Sunday to “visit” his wife, usually with a strimmer to cut grass around grave. Today he has a chair and a cool box sitting next to the grave. 

• Like 12

26.4C in the living room

near the end of 4 days of blood pressure checks. Pressures seem OK when sent for online checking but this evenings check has the pulse rate up to 91 from its normal 60. A bit of panic until I checked online and and the heart has to work harder in hot weather 🤞

Time to deploy the water spray

Not looking forward to the next 2 days 😟

Present temp here is 23c, but we did hit 29c here today despite a breeze. Being near the coast tends to keep the temps down a tad. Have spent the latter half of the afternoon in the garden and come in now and it feels warm indoors!

7 hours ago, pete14 said:

We changed our plans and came to North Wales yesterday for a few days thinking the sea breeze might take the edge off the heat today and extreme heat tomorrow and Tuesday. I don’ know the current temperature in Stoke but I feel I may already have made a big error. It is sweltering here and most people seem to be indoors where it is likely to be cooler. Very sensible.

I have realised my error and we have returned home to sweltering, sizzling, sultry and sunny Stoke. 

22.5C in living room, does face directly north, so is naturally a cooler part of the house, we also find that the external insulation on the walls keeps the house cooler in the summer months.

We have a tower fan as backup, too cook room if necessary.

Just been outside to water hanging and wall baskets, temperature was 24C with a light breeze, quite pleasant to sit outside in, plus no repeat of last nights swarm of flying ants which caused us to rapidly relocate our evening meal inside. They settled on the brolly which was covered in them, however use of the hosepipe soon removed them. 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Interesting to note that the advice is to close your windows. 

We did that automatically in Spain,  but I guess it does seem counterintuitive unless you have lived through hot weather.

It was hotter on our balcony today than inside, however with the patio doors ajar there was a pleasant cooling breeze.

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting to note that the advice is to close your windows. 

We did that automatically in Spain,  but I guess it does seem counterintuitive unless you have lived through hot weather.

Close the windows and curtains/blinds, we always do that in hot weather, the house was relatively cool compared to the outside temperature yesterday 31C outside and 23 inside in south facing rooms and 21 in the north facing ones. Awake early this morning, hall temperature was 24C, whilst outside is 16C, so windows & back door open to reduce temperature, once sun rises higher & temperature increases, then will close. Predicted temperature here today is 37C 🥵🥵

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

The latest forecast for this part of the world  on Tuesday shows a temperature of 111 F.

Holey Moley ! 

Moley will be surprised at the complement 🙂

Already 24.4C in the living room and soon be time to close all the windows and curtains. I have a blood test appointment early this morning and will walk down to the Unhealthy Living Centre as I call it and intend to catch the bus back up the hill, if they are still running. Then batten down the hatches for the day.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

The latest forecast for this part of the world  on Tuesday shows a temperature of 111 F.

Holey Moley ! 

Looks like the poor weather in Norway maybe a blessing. Just arrived in Kristiansand. Quite cool and overcast. The high may reach 24, but I doubt it.

• Like 3

As up early decided to do some gardening whilst it was cool, so all raised beds hoed and watered raised vegetable beds, noticed that will have some French beans ready for picking later this week.

Tomato watering system topped up to max, bedding plants in gardened watered, the bark mulch covering the ground will reduce evaporation, tied up clematis which has gone rampant in last week and full of flower buds, the most I have ever seen on it. 

Gave hanging baskets & troughs a further watering, deadheaded some perennials, sweet peas and roses.

Very little wind about current outdoor temperature 18C, overnight greenhouse temperature only dropped to 16.9C and door was open all night!

All this done before 7:30 this morning, don’t remember if I ever done gardening this early before. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

Went to doctors for asthma appointment this morning and all the beach road parking had gone and this was at 7.55 people off down to beach, just got back home and car temp said only 26 so cool at the moment.

Im off to see Michael Bible’ tonight at the chewton Glen, gates open at 5 but he’s not coming on until 9 I think so along time waiting around for him , no seats allowed to be brought in or umbrellas for shade , hopefully it would of cooled down by the evening and have to sit on the grass until then .

Have a good cool day everyone 🌞😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Looks like the poor weather in Norway maybe a blessing. Just arrived in Kristiansand. Quite cool and overcast. The high may reach 24, but I doubt it.

Very nice - sounds a great place to be this week, Zap!  40C forecast here for tomorrow, which sounds even worse converted to 104F somehow.

Have a great time. 😀

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Went to doctors for asthma appointment this morning and all the beach road parking had gone and this was at 7.55 people off down to beach, just got back home and car temp said only 26 so cool at the moment.

Im off to see Michael Bible’ tonight at the chewton Glen, gates open at 5 but he’s not coming on until 9 I think so along time waiting around for him , no seats allowed to be brought in or umbrellas for shade , hopefully it would of cooled down by the evening and have to sit on the grass until then .

Have a good cool day everyone 🌞😎

Should be lovely at Chewton tonight, but it will be hot so hopefully you have a hat and one of those mini fans……

Enjoy!

• Like 1