PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

On 7/23/2020 at 1:08 PM, genmasjoy said:

Our December cruise was canceled by Princess yesterday.  I'm not surprised and I'm happy we had not made the final payment.  I asked our travel agent to tell them we did not want FCC and to return our deposit.  Princess acknowledged the request and said it would be at least 60 days until the reimbursement is processed.  We haven't been anywhere this year to date which isn't like us.    We had a wonderful Panama Canal cruise, partial transit, round trip FLL, on Island Princess in October 2018.  I am glad to have the memory of it, as well as the memories of our cruises on other Princess ships.   In early August we are going to rent a villa in Vero Beach for a few days - it will be on the beach, we'll have a kitchen, and our family can join us because it is 2 BR, 2Baths.  Hope we will be able to sail again with Princess some time in the future.

We also did a partial Panama Canal cruise in October 2018, but on the Caribbean Princess. I am so thankful that my husband insisted that we do it for our 25th anniversary, rather than wait until retirement.

20181013_152820.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, The question is How are things were you are. Well all I can say is in Boston it’s HOT !! 🥵.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

We have had a few days in the 90's, but mostly not too bad.  The nursing home where I work has had a few Covid cases recently, so now we are in full PPE...not fun, but hopefully we will beat it back quickly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, donswife said:

We have had a few days in the 90's, but mostly not too bad.  The nursing home where I work has had a few Covid cases recently, so now we are in full PPE...not fun, but hopefully we will beat it back quickly.

Hi Donswife,

God Bless all of you who work in nursing homes. That’s by no means an easy job. I just like to wish you all the best and please be safe.

Tony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought I really should reply to this thread simply because how much CC has meant and done for me for the last 20 year's now.

I know of no one with this virus, yep I live in a small city but our hospitals are empty, we'd just a soon keep it that way. 

We have to wear a crummy mask everywhere it's a bit much. 

The virus means nothing to me, it can't touch me I'm invincible.

Superior mind, superior body, true faith in God nothing can touch me. Much less some cheeseball virus. 

Todd in West Virginia

Miss all my cruising pals we'll be back together soon. It's all that matters. 

Edited by TTEllis

I am thinking of going on a murderous rampage but have no idea of where to find the person I want to whack. I have had more than 500 phone calls and more than 800 texts for "Shelby Lambert" who, if it is actually a real person, has used my cell number for various things. There doesn't seem to be any way to make it stop. If I get a new cell number (I've had this one for many years) there is no guarantee I won't get another number that has the same problems and was changed out by another person who was being harassed. If ever there was a person (Shelby Lambert) or persons (the scumbags who call and text) who really need to get corona virus it is these folks.

I guess since I'm basically a non -violent type and also don't have a clue who these folks actually are I will have to forego the murderous rampage but dang, I am sooooooooooooooooooo very tired of this harassment. It would be nice if the stupid government "do not call" thing had actually been worth a darn. I've never responded to the texts and haven't answered most of the phone calls (they leave messages though) and, when I have actually answered a call just to see who it is I have been quite rude. One would think they would get tired of the non-productive harassment but, then again, it's almost certainly all automated. I can guarantee you that, should one give me a button that would immolate all robo-calling scumbags in the world, I would surely press it without the slightest feeling of guilt or regret. (Hmmm..... Perhaps I'm not that non-violent after all.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I am thinking of going on a murderous rampage but have no idea of where to find the person I want to whack. I have had more than 500 phone calls and more than 800 texts for "Shelby Lambert" who, if it is actually a real person, has used my cell number for various things. There doesn't seem to be any way to make it stop. If I get a new cell number (I've had this one for many years) there is no guarantee I won't get another number that has the same problems and was changed out by another person who was being harassed. If ever there was a person (Shelby Lambert) or persons (the scumbags who call and text) who really need to get corona virus it is these folks.

I guess since I'm basically a non -violent type and also don't have a clue who these folks actually are I will have to forego the murderous rampage but dang, I am sooooooooooooooooooo very tired of this harassment. It would be nice if the stupid government "do not call" thing had actually been worth a darn. I've never responded to the texts and haven't answered most of the phone calls (they leave messages though) and, when I have actually answered a call just to see who it is I have been quite rude. One would think they would get tired of the non-productive harassment but, then again, it's almost certainly all automated. I can guarantee you that, should one give me a button that would immolate all robo-calling scumbags in the world, I would surely press it without the slightest feeling of guilt or regret. (Hmmm..... Perhaps I'm not that non-violent after all.)

I would start out with a 20mg Lexapro twice daily and go from there. Good luck Todd 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TTEllis said:

I would start out with a 20mg Lexapro twice daily and go from there. Good luck Todd 

Had to look up Lexapro. No need for more drugs. I take plenty for blood pressure and such.  I don't have anxiety or depression. I'm just old fashioned pissed off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Had to look up Lexapro. No need for more drugs. I take plenty for blood pressure and such.  I don't have anxiety or depression. I'm just old fashioned pissed off.

Maybe try smoking a big fatty of either OG, mango, or pineapple kush takes the edge right off for me every time. I highly recommend it. Have a great evening, I'm bed bound. Later Todd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Thrak  Have you tried the "Block this number" function?

I have "blacklisted" literally hundreds of phone numbers from texts. I use a phone call flagging program that "knows" about a zillion phone numbers that have been flagged by others. It does no good as the people running these things merely spoof legitimate numbers. Try calling someone back who sends you weird texts or weird phone calls. They have no idea what you are talking about because their number was spoofed. It's big business. Call and text enough people and you will find people who are gullible enough to be suckered out of their money or their personal information.

well, another month has passed, and not much has really changed for us at least ...still healthy, still safe, still semi-working, although my wife's very part-time nanny job has at least temporarily ended ... again 

got a year older in July ... got a nice retro pair of suade Pro-Keds kicks (used to wear them in HS and college when I could afford them)

TS Isaias was basically a non-event for us ( couple of feeder bans ), but it looks like the VRBO we stayed in at Oak Island NC may take the brunt of it 

will miss the Thanksgiving cruise that got cancelled, but now looking forward to hopefully a 4/2021 cruise we have booked

or at least a 12/2021 cruise on the Discovery if that gets built on time

stay safe

stay hydrated

peace out

On 8/1/2020 at 2:57 PM, donswife said:

We also did a partial Panama Canal cruise in October 2018, but on the Caribbean Princess. I am so thankful that my husband insisted that we do it for our 25th anniversary, rather than wait until retirement.

20181013_152820.jpg

We did the 14 day full Caribbean Circle on the Caribbean Princess in Nov./Dec. 2018 SO glad we did that cruise and didn't wait or put it off for one reason or another. 

Next year doesn't look good either in all due respect. Todd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have "blacklisted" literally hundreds of phone numbers from texts. I use a phone call flagging program that "knows" about a zillion phone numbers that have been flagged by others. It does no good as the people running these things merely spoof legitimate numbers. Try calling someone back who sends you weird texts or weird phone calls. They have no idea what you are talking about because their number was spoofed. It's big business. Call and text enough people and you will find people who are gullible enough to be suckered out of their money or their personal information.

Thrak,

I too went through blocking individual numbers, then realized I could change a phone setting to get them all blocked.

I use an iphone, and it has a setting to send all calls from folks not in my contact list directly to voice mail.   doesn't even ring.   Most don't leave a voicemail, so it gets handles so easily.   Hope you can find a similar solution.

Mary

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Thrak,

I too went through blocking individual numbers, then realized I could change a phone setting to get them all blocked.

I use an iphone, and it has a setting to send all calls from folks not in my contact list directly to voice mail.   doesn't even ring.   Most don't leave a voicemail, so it gets handles so easily.   Hope you can find a similar solution.

Mary

Yes, I can do that but then it blocks calls I need - such as companies I have called with an inquiry. I recently had my mattress rebuilt. I called about a Laz-Z-Boy chair repair. Those folks returned my call but aren't in my contact list. Sometimes I get calls from a doctor that uses multiple lines and I only have the main line as a contact.

Sadly, there are just too many "bad people" out there.

21 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, I can do that but then it blocks calls I need - such as companies I have called with an inquiry. I recently had my mattress rebuilt. I called about a Laz-Z-Boy chair repair. Those folks returned my call but aren't in my contact list. Sometimes I get calls from a doctor that uses multiple lines and I only have the main line as a contact.

Sadly, there are just too many "bad people" out there.

( deleted )  are the worst ... got 3 months of that now, and only getting worster

junk emails, texts, robo call to both cell and business land line

Edited by voljeep

Because of our increasing Covid rates, today the state did indeed roll-back opening exceptions granted to our county which - among other things - means the larger non-essential businesses are restricted to 100 person max occupancy.  Bummer for restaurants who are barely hanging on, and I fear we’ll see more layoffs for various ventures.   Think we’ll order take-out this week to support our favorites - yum!

Edited by LoriPhil

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, It was another hot day in Boston. So I took the Rowboat out to be disinfected. it was very easy and efficient. As you cruise out of Boston harbor it’s done in10 seconds. See Photo. 😁

Tony

10778CAF-09F2-47EF-B2C5-8C58B8416DD2.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 8/2/2020 at 10:57 PM, Thrak said:

Retirement and confinement will do that to a person ! Wonder how I know🙄 oops forgot also the world has gone nuts ...   Remember the old twilight zone? We are living it!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Retirement and confinement will do that to a person ! Wonder how I know🙄 oops forgot also the world has gone nuts ...   Remember the old twilight zone? We are living it!

Yeah.  I'm just peeved that these people are able to totally harass folks with impunity. It's just not right. I'm also quite annoyed that most texting programs don't allow blocking texts based on words in the messages. They all allow blocking phone numbers but the numbers are spoofed so the people sending the texts have an almost infinite number of phone numbers to "send from". If I could just block all texts with the word "Shelby" in them I'd be able to block probably 90% at least of the spam texts I've been getting. It's been going on for months. Toss in the word "Oprah" and things would be really great.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:57 AM, donswife said:

I agree. I always say do it now before you can't later. Thinking if we physically can't do it or some reason. Never expecting a Pandemic to be the reason. 

Taking a quick break from unpacking and moving in to say that we picked up that new RV on the 3rd (our anniversary). We love it! 
In the 15 years we owned it, the 2000 Fleetwood Southwind took us to 49 states and Capitols, over 100 NPS sites, many college tours, and countless more places. Though I’d rather be cruising internationally now, we are all excited to have new adventures and create new memories in our 2021 Tiffin Allegro RED.

Be well, cruise lovers. 

294EA3E9-666B-4633-87C0-E25C689F4FA7.jpeg

A8F7910D-78AA-4FAF-A8A9-A3D36CE9F4CC.jpeg

92FB10B8-82DF-4B2E-9F71-79565232A1DE.jpeg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Taking a quick break from unpacking and moving in to say that we picked up that new RV on the 3rd (our anniversary). We love it! 
In the 15 years we owned it, the 2000 Fleetwood Southwind took us to 49 states and Capitols, over 100 NPS sites, many college tours, and countless more places. Though I’d rather be cruising internationally now, we are all excited to have new adventures and create new memories in our 2021 Tiffin Allegro RED.

Be well, cruise lovers. 

Congrats on your new rig.  With the pandemic,  RV's are becoming very popular as it's a way to travel and "shelter in place" at the same time.  We've already taken our Class B motorhome on a couple of trips this Summer and we believe that it's much safer than flying, staying in hotels and eating in restaurants.

• Like 1

Hi all my Cruise Critic friends,

Lets get back in the water. The weather in Boston is great so I’ll be heading out early in the morning. I’m going to try my luck at fishing. I’m a Skeet Shooter at heart but we all know there’s no skeet shooting off the back of The Rowboat. 
Please wish me luck.

Tony

0542F0BF-55DB-4EEB-9A6B-02080D8798BC.jpeg

• Like 2