PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, Lindaru said:

Not even sure what wine you serve with clay pigeons.

😵

Bourbon all the way. Pappy van Winkle if you are so very fortunate to have access. (I've never had the chance...)

Edited by Thrak

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

I know you guys are kidding me ( I love it 😁 ) I just have to say I never drink at all when I’m shooting skeet. 
Bourbon or Wine don’t go together when your using a shotgun. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

621AD611-CCFE-4D88-9FAA-1A9720B3F54E.jpeg

• Like 2

On the other hand, wine can go with RVing, though certainly NOT while driving. 
We spent our first night at a Harvest Host location last night. It was great! Harvest Host is essentially online dating for travelers and farms, wineries, and other places with parking space that isn’t normally used overnight. 
We pulled into the winery yesterday afternoon, set up quickly, tasted a few wines, made the requisite purchase (actually more), then went back to the rig for dinner. I made a fabulous balsamic chicken. Yum! Later, friends who live nearby joined us on the winery patio for a safely distanced visit. 
Later, we all donned our masks and our friends came in to tour the motor home. 

We will definitely come back to this winery and stay at other sites through this program. Fun stuff! 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, donswife said:

We have had a few days in the 90's, but mostly not too bad.  The nursing home where I work has had a few Covid cases recently, so now we are in full PPE...not fun, but hopefully we will beat it back quickly.

Yep I am in Western MA. Another week of 90's coming up stay out on the row boat 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MamaFej said:

On the other hand, wine can go with RVing, though certainly NOT while driving. 
We spent our first night at a Harvest Host location last night. It was great! Harvest Host is essentially online dating for travelers and farms, wineries, and other places with parking space that isn’t normally used overnight. 
We pulled into the winery yesterday afternoon, set up quickly, tasted a few wines, made the requisite purchase (actually more), then went back to the rig for dinner. I made a fabulous balsamic chicken. Yum! Later, friends who live nearby joined us on the winery patio for a safely distanced visit. 
Later, we all donned our masks and our friends came in to tour the motor home. 

We will definitely come back to this winery and stay at other sites through this program. Fun stuff! 

Sounds like a great time, the balsamic chicken sounds wonderful!! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Sounds like a great time, the balsamic chicken sounds wonderful!! 

Balsamic chicken sounds great. But there’s nothing better then baked clay pigeon after you shot your first 100 straight in Skeet or Trap shooting. 😋😋😋😋

Tony

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Balsamic chicken sounds great. But there’s nothing better then baked clay pigeon after you shot your first 100 straight in Skeet or Trap shooting. 😋😋😋😋

Tony

Pardon me, but would you have some Grey Poupon to put on that?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Hey Cap😁!!  You stick with the baked clay pigeon, I'm sticking with the balsamic chicken. 

I shot clay pigeons off the back of the Carnival Sensation in 1995, couldn't hit the side of a barn much less a clay pigeon being launched over the open ocean. 

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, It’s going to hit 90 today so I’m going now (4 a.m.) to the Rowboat to head out to Cape Cod for the day. Hi TTEllis,  I remember shooting off the back of the  Costa Riviera. You paid $5.00 for 5 shorts if you hit all the clay Pigeons you got to keep shooting. Well after 18 in a row the guy took the gun away and we both were laughing 😁. He said I was to good. Two days later I got a call and was asking to go to the back of the ship. Someone wanted to talk to me.

When I got their it was the Captain of the ship. He like to shoot Trap and asked if I could help him. I gave him a few helpful hints

and he was hitting almost every one of the target. The next day my wife and I was invited to have lunch with him. We didn’t eat Clay Pigeon. 😁

Tony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are currently on vacation in Madrid staying with our DD and SIL. When we should have been sailing on Enchanted Princess.

The city is very quiet as the Spanish locals tend to leave as it gets so hot here. Very few tourists and obviously no Americans. 
Sad to see so many city centre hotels completely closed.

Everyone, and I mean everyone is wearing a mask indoors and outside. 
Have to say I feel more safe here than back in the UK.

The lock down in Spain was so severe they are trying their hardest to avoid a repetition.
I can understand now why my DD has chosen Spain to continue her life.

• Like 2

It’s hot and sunny in Ottawa, Ontario. It’s been a beautiful summer so far. Covid numbers are down in Ontario and businesses are pretty much reopened with some limits on numbers of customers for indoor businesses. But it’s been such a beautiful summer that we don’t want to go indoors! We just enjoy our pool everyday. Stay safe!

• Like 1

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, I just got home from Cape Cod. It was really hot today on the Rowboat.

I think I will be going to Plymouth tomorrow just to see the refurbished Mayflower. I seen this guy on the internet and I have to meet him. He has the sweetest looking canoe. (See Photo) I have to get one 😁

Tony

E0F77486-758B-4A02-B8C1-39A79B8B387A.jpeg

• Like 3

@Lucky TGO, whenever I see you post about boats of any type in MA, I am reminded of going to the (ever so cheesy, but super fun) Boston Tea Party Ship when I was a child, and of taking my own kids there 35 years later. I got to throw tea crates off the "Beaver" and my kids did as well. The experience had evolved quite a bit by the time my kids did it.

I also think of visiting the USS Constitution: "Old Ironsides," both as a kid and as a parent. 

I'm glad there are so many different types of floating vessels, and that the cruise ship type led us all to "meeting" here on this forum. Sometimes, people who meet here also get to meet onboard. 

Have a lovely time cooling off on the Rowboat. 

It was a pretty good day in Boston today. I got home from Plymouth I seen the refurbished Mayflower it looked great. 
See Photo. Friday I will be taking my granddaughters out fishing 🙄. Please wish me luck I’m terrible at fishing and the girls are really good at it. I’ll let you know how I make out 🤞.

Tony

7E2A5FCA-D1CE-47CA-A694-930B5362C4F5.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/13/2020 at 8:53 PM, Lucky TGO said:

It was a pretty good day in Boston today. I got home from Plymouth I seen the refurbished Mayflower it looked great. 
See Photo. Friday I will be taking my granddaughters out fishing 🙄. Please wish me luck I’m terrible at fishing and the girls are really good at it. I’ll let you know how I make out 🤞.

Tony

7E2A5FCA-D1CE-47CA-A694-930B5362C4F5.jpeg

Is that the rowboat at the end of the dock?  DH and I went fishing on Wednesday, now that I am on partial furlough. We caught 12 kokanee.

50 minutes ago, donswife said:

Is that the rowboat at the end of the dock?  DH and I went fishing on Wednesday, now that I am on partial furlough. We caught 12 kokanee.

Hi Donswife,

Congratulations on catching 12 kokanee. I haven’t Caught 12 fish in my life 😳. I think mainly because

I don’t try.  I know if I did

I would be great at it. 🤥 🤥 🤥 lol. This is a photo of The Rowboat. You and DH are welcome board anytime.

Tony

D6DEB022-B043-4686-AB95-F0A3394D1C97.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Haha 1

10:30 PM. 93°F (appx. 34°C). Should get down to 79°F (appx. 26°C) sometime in the night. Supposed to be 107°F (appx. 42°C) tomorrow. I grew up here with swamp coolers and we just figured that was how things are. So very glad to have AC. Not the best sleeping weather but we will do fine. Wish I had some fine Bourbon or Rye though. Being in California I could go buy some. I know many states are restricted but we can buy liquor any time except from 2 AM to 6 AM. Weird time restriction but much more relaxed than many places where you can't purchase on Sunday or after 6 PM any day or in many towns in some states unless there happens to be a state store available. Seems very strange to those of us here in the weirdo state. However, I think I'll go to bed rather than going out to purchase liquor that I don't need. I'd just like a short whiskey to aid with going to sleep in the dang heat.

Edited by Thrak

On 8/10/2020 at 4:18 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, It’s going to hit 90 today so I’m going now (4 a.m.) to the Rowboat to head out to Cape Cod for the day. Hi TTEllis,  I remember shooting off the back of the  Costa Riviera. You paid $5.00 for 5 shorts if you hit all the clay Pigeons you got to keep shooting. Well after 18 in a row the guy took the gun away and we both were laughing 😁. He said I was to good. Two days later I got a call and was asking to go to the back of the ship. Someone wanted to talk to me.

When I got their it was the Captain of the ship. He like to shoot Trap and asked if I could help him. I gave him a few helpful hints

and he was hitting almost every one of the target. The next day my wife and I was invited to have lunch with him. We didn’t eat Clay Pigeon. 😁

Tony

HI,

Years ago a friend of mine and I went on a a cruise.  I guess it had to be in the early 1980's.  They had skeet shooting off the back of the ship. So, she want to do it and both of us went, (me to watch).  The officer in charge sees two women waiting ,  my friend said it would only be her shooting. Now he starts to explain to her how to hold the rifle and what to do, and don't be frighten.  She give me a nod, and acts dumb.  And he keep telling her how to do it.  So, now they start with the cay pigeons, she hit all of them.  Their mouths fell open.  Then she looks at them and tells them the truth, that is is a New York City police woman.  We all had a good laugh!

• Haha 2