PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

We took the plunge and signed up for Disney+ to watch Peter Jackson’s “Get Back”.  Extraordinary to see music where you know every cord, lyric and vocal nuance being created in the space of rehearsals spanning several weeks.  Feels like a time machine.   Ahhhhh, lovely.

• Like 1

Things are great in the piazza on the Emerald Princess!! So glad to be back. 

1 funny thing: I booked the hotel through Princess, got my welcome aboard yesterday, it thinks this is my Day 2 at sea. Don't care .... just relaxing with my welcome to mini-suite champagne listening to a strings duo

• Like 2

We took our at home tests this morning and always nice to see that negative report.  Did our packing this afternoon and ready to embark on the Majestic on Sat. for 11 days.  Hope they put up holiday decorations this weekend.  Our meet/greet on Sat. includes an ornament exchange.   

2 friends died this week so had to call florist two days in a row.  Hope I don't have to call again tomorrow.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went up to Denver for my scans today, and not only was it a dry sunny day with sparse traffic, I got a clean bill of health with no new detectable cancers.  Wohoo - best Christmas present ever!

Our holiday tradition is basically a repeat of Thanksgiving with just the two of us cooking… but I upgrade us to a better quality champagne. After all, it IS Christmas.  

What are your special holiday or year-end traditions?  Have a wonderful season everyone!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Went up to Denver for my scans today, and not only was it a dry sunny day with sparse traffic, I got a clean bill of health with no new detectable cancers.  Wohoo - best Christmas present ever!

Our holiday tradition is basically a repeat of Thanksgiving with just the two of us cooking… but I upgrade us to a better quality champagne. After all, it IS Christmas.  

What are your special holiday or year-end traditions?  Have a wonderful season everyone!

Wonderful news!!  What perfect Christmas gift!

@LoriPhil That is great news for sure! I can attest to that since I got the same news last month. 

We have a busy Christmas Eve ahead of us with a gaggle of grandkids and their parents over for dinner and gifts. I usually station myself in the corner with an adult drink and watch the action.

Happy Holidays! 🌲

Edited by Doug R.
  • Like 3

On 12/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, LoriPhil said:

Congratulations! I just got wonky bloodwork back so I'm praying that I haven't had a reoccurrence. I'm beginning scans today! So...have a Blessed Christmas!!

• Like 1

Aw rats Kjlcheval, so sorry to hear that news and keeping fingers crossed for you!   One of the things I value most about our thread is the supportive community we have here, with so many fellow cruisers sharing the relief of good news, but encouragement for the rocky times.  Bestest wishes and please let us know how you are doing!

• Like 4

Howdy!

I haven't been around for quite some time, and I'm surprised at how quickly I was able to catch up. It's so nice to read everyone's news. 

After our 3 cruises in late September/early October (Alaska and Baja California) my mom was rushed to hospital in septic shock from a UTI. At 78, her chances of survival ware about 40%, and I'm glad to say that she did. This may have actually been a good thing. The doctors wouldn't release her to go home alone, and she was too mobile for skilled nursing, so we moved her into an assisited living facility for a couple of months. Actually getting her medications and eating on a more consistent schedule has led her to have more energy and to be more coherent than she has been in about a decade. She is seeing the importance of these things and becoming a more active participant in her health care.

She has a 7mm by 11mm kidney stone blocking a ureter, and it is causing tremendous pain and leading to repeated infections. Surgery keeps getting delayed due to staff shortages as people are reassigned to care for Covid patients. It's frustrating. 

We canceled two RV trips in October and November due to Mom's needs, but we did get to go to French Polynesia for two glorious, Covid-free weeks, including a lovelyWindstar cruise in December. The French Polynesian government decided enough was enough and instituted strict, but easy to follow, Covid protocols and have pretty much eliminated community spread of Covid. We felt incredibly safe from the moment we boarded the plane on the 7th until the moment we got off the plane at LAX on the 22nd. Protocols work when they are actually followed and enforced. 

If you are looking for a safe place to travel to during all this chaos, I highly recommend French Polynesia. It was astonishing to feel so safe there, while reading about literally exponential growth of cases in Denmark and elsewhere, and how crazy it was starting to get at home. 

Happy new year, Princess Cruisers!

Image.png

• Like 1

@LoriPhil Great news!

We are on a peninsula in Washington State... about .5 mile from the ocean. Beginning last Sunday, we have had snow, ice, freezing temperatures. I know that many of you have been experiencing the same. Remember, we are not used to driving in this, to say the least. Well, we went to Portland, Oregon for Christmas and woke up last Sunday about 6:00 am to see about 2 inches of fresh snow. We packed up our 4 wheel drive truck and ventured the 175 miles home. It took 4.5 hours but we were safe. There were a few people who had some slippery issues, but we wanted to get home before it became worse.

The canal behind our house is now frozen again which always is a puzzlement to the waterfowl.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all!!!

Edited by nini
punctuation
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nini said:

@LoriPhil Great news!

We are on a peninsula in Washington State... about .5 mile from the ocean. Beginning last Sunday, we have had snow, ice, freezing temperatures. I know that many of you have been experiencing the same. Remember, we are not used to driving in this, to say the least. Well, we went to Portland, Oregon for Christmas and woke up last Sunday about 6:00 am to see about 2 inches of fresh snow. We packed up our 4 wheel drive truck and ventured the 175 miles home. It took 4.5 hours but we were safe. There were a few people who had some slippery issues, but we wanted to get home before it became worse.

The canal behind our house is now frozen again which always is a puzzlement to the waterfowl.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all!!!

I knew Western Washington was having trouble when I saw the Seahawks stadium being dug out from a big accumulation of snow. Mentioned to my wife that people out there are not that used to big snowstorms, the big snowfalls usually are up in the mountains.

Our Christmas Eve was messed up by Covid. My stepdaughter, a nurse, was exposed and her husband was exposed at the same time at his workplace. Both developed Covid, so they and their kids had to stay home.  We ended up with 4 of our 10 grandkids and various parents so we had a good but quiet party, not the usual chaos at present opening time. 

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1