The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

2 hours ago, JeriGail said:

Thanks - I'm not on any of the Welcome Back cruises, but I'm really interested in what all of you "intrepid explorers" will learn!

I'm hoping we have a large audience and plenty of questions; and if not, at least we can say that we put the information out there.

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Assuming I am ever sober enough, and find the time and energy, where should I “blog” about the June 15th “guinea pig” cruise at Bermuda?  Here, or on the general Bermuda thread, or on a separate topic?  Don’t expect many photos.  Especially selfies :-0

Assuming I do the blog, it will likelt start with the trials and tribulations of meeting Bermuda’s stringent pre-arrival testing requirements.  And end with me kissing the ground when back in Kalifornia.

PS - And don’t expect it to be politically correct.  It will likely not be suitable for sensitive folk.  Dear moderators, I beg your leniency in advance (just be glad I am not ho-hum....).

Love it Ragnar.     You  brighten up up my day each time I read your comments ✔️✔️🤣😂

Keep them flowing.   

Rod

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Woohoo....tell it like it is. We'll be reading 😁   BTW...how's that pool coming along???

We signed the construction contract two weeks ago.  And a geologist will be doing a final site visit on Thursday.  Need his report for the engineering of the pool and pavilion footings/foundation.  Our yard backs to a loooooong, but not very steep, slope.  So “slope creepage” must be accounted for in the design of things.  Sorry, I’m a retired engineer 🙂

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Any one need a job?  Come to Orange County, CA.  Saw a cement truck the other day that had a sign on the back:

”Now hiring!  On the job training, get paid while you learn!”

Always worked for me....😳

On 5/6/2021 at 8:41 AM, Jim Avery said:

Hi Ruthie,

I think I will join you with the Baileys and coffee.  What a pick me up.  You know the first sign of trouble is thinking about a WC.  I'll just add one little thought...  Next year the WC will cost more, and next year we will be a year older....  What's that old saying?  Where there's a will there's a way?  Lots more time in Explorers on a WC.🍹

Hi Jim,

I am thinking very hard about the WC. I have to do my Bermuda Escape and SAC ( Southern Atlantic Crossing ) first. I think if I do the WC they will have to carry me of of the ship as I scream and cry that I want to stay on. My real issue is, I want to do the WC alone, that in it self is a issue. Let me order another Baileys and coffee and continue to consider.

2 minutes ago, Ruthieofthesea said:

I want to do the WC alone, that in it self is a issue.

On our 2019 WC there were about 30 single travelers.  They met in the upper level of the Explorer’s Lounge at 6 each night for conversation and cocktails.  They sometimes booked tables together for meals, sometimes went their own way.  But a nice group.  We became friends with a woman who did the inaugural cruise with Jim and was back for another!  But I must tell you, we are SO glad we did it.  We could never have predicted what would happen in 2020.  We got off the ship exactly two years ago today!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

On our 2019 WC there were about 30 single travelers.  They met in the upper level of the Explorer’s Lounge at 6 each night for conversation and cocktails.  They sometimes booked tables together for meals, sometimes went their own way.  But a nice group.  We became friends with a woman who did the inaugural cruise with Jim and was back for another!  But I must tell you, we are SO glad we did it.  We could never have predicted what would happen in 2020.  We got off the ship exactly two years ago today!!

I am giving it serious thought for 2023. I have afew issues that I have to tend too before I book. I know it will be an amazing adventure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruthieofthesea said:

I am giving it serious thought for 2023. I have afew issues that I have to tend too before I book. I know it will be an amazing adventure.

If you are considering the 22/23 WC, how about coming over to the Roll Call and joining the discussion.

21 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Good luck to you Ruthie,  My mother and I used to have a movie we liked to watch together, Now Voyager, with Bette Davis.   Be intrepid and enjoy whatever you do!

I do love Bette Davis, the old movies have so much substance and always a message. I do believe that each day is a gift, that is why it is called " the present". 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Should read, “It appears new bookings for ALL welcome back cruises get free booze now.” 😢

However , the prices are higher ; at least in my case and probably others too .

• Like 1