Cruiseline shutdowns

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I’m going to live off my toilet paper sales for many centuries to come.

$5 per sheet, pm me.

My brand went out of stock a few months back. When it returned....what do you know..... the actual sheet size had decreased😱 1cm to 10x10cm

My challenge to everyone! Rip just 1 square off,

I couldn't believe how small they actually are. 😂

The craziness of isolation... 

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

My wife managed to get a pack of TP yesterday, $7.50 for a roll of 10. The amazing thing is that she was ecstatic that she actually got some, despite the price

I was able to buy some this morning at Coles but it cost $12 for a pack of 12! Talk about price gouging!

Leigh

• Like 1

Food hoarding, I understand. Medications, I understand. But has anyone yet explained why TP was the very first item where sales went rampant and (presumably) normal people totally lost it over getting some? How much freakin toilet paper do people use?

19 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I was able to buy some this morning at Coles but it cost $12 for a pack of 12! Talk about price gouging!

Leigh

Yes it is annoying. Not sure if it's the TP companies or the shops gouging. Very bad form.

I don't know what or why it started.

We still had a few rolls (at least half a week worth) left but over the last month there hasn't been any so when she saw some yesterday, she had to buy some as you cannot guarantee there being any when you next shop.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't know what or why it started.

We still had a few rolls (at least half a week worth) left but over the last month there hasn't been any so when she saw some yesterday, she had to buy some as you cannot guarantee there being any when you next shop.

We have some left, but this is the first time for weeks I have seen any on shelves so decided to buy while in stock.

Leigh

12 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We have some left, but this is the first time for weeks I have seen any on shelves so decided to buy while in stock.

Leigh

That's the thing, the idiot sheep have forced us normal, well sort of normal) people into being hoarders as well.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

That is cheap Leigh $1 a roll.    The IGA stores down here has split the big packs of TP and are selling one single roll of TP for $2, maximum of 2 rolls per person.  That is a rip off.  Think I will stop eating, no more of these anyway, too much to digest.833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is cheap Leigh $1 a roll.    The IGA stores down here has split the big packs of TP and are selling one single roll of TP for $2, maximum of 2 rolls per person.  That is a rip off.  Think I will stop eating.🤣

That sure is a rip off Les!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, possum52 said:

That sure is a rip off Les!

Sure is Leigh.  They won't get my 'business.'   I might have join up with Costco in Canberra and purchase in pallet loads like Mic and others from NATCAP do.   With NSW number plates though, they might not let me past Queanbeyan.😁 Let alone into the Costo car park.  No worries, my son had to come down here from Sydney today as my wife is really suffering now with her terminal illness.  He bought some TP and masks down for us.   But I have a mask, sanitiser and gloves as I do work with Meals and Wheels a couple of days a week, albeit we have modified our delivery methods, drop and run.

Have a good day.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Food hoarding, I understand. Medications, I understand. But has anyone yet explained why TP was the very first item where sales went rampant and (presumably) normal people totally lost it over getting some? How much freakin toilet paper do people use?

Apparently toilet paper was the first item some people went crazy for. My theory is that thought it was all imported from China and that the supply chain (not the toilet chain) would break down after the shut down in China. The supermarkets went out of their way to explain that the TP was manufactured in Australia and that the factories had increased their production.

We are OK for TP supplies. My husband does the shopping and he loves a 'special'. Well before the covid situation, he bought a lot when it was on sale at a great price. We have enough for many months.🙂