Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I know Owen’s grandmas are really proud of him. 
We’re proud of our kids, but grandchildren are the icing on our cakes!

+1 🥰

26 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well got a little surprise today when I logged into my RCI web site. 

It updated our cruise points and we are now, DIAMOND PLUS. 

All "things" considered -- I think you'd agree, Sue, that it was quite an enjoyable cruise 😉

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Good news/bad news

Made it to the airport

There is a plane here

Bad news is it is delayed

Good news it is only delayed 1 minute. 

664D58CF-FE55-4B2B-A278-7A37A7CE29C9.thumb.jpeg.f21732f4e18d59fa87f7d9e281ef77bf.jpeg

Florida, here we come. 😀

Boy you had me worried for a second. I hope I’m that lucky on our SW flight to San Juan.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Forgive me but I must brag for a minute.

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Wished I could of gotten a pic with masks. She really was smiling.

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Here is the wonderful proclamation from the county.

807456086_LindaProclamation.thumb.jpg.1aad777836a375ff342aed1fb2fcd055.jpg

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

727874199_JPBPRESENTS.jpg.45f1a75366bf64cc85155a541157640f.jpg

I could not be more proud of her and what she does.

I'm next with retirement next week.

Then we cruise.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

That is fantastic that Linda was honoured like this.

Wishing you both a long and happy retirement with lots of cruises coming your way.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is fantastic that Linda was honoured like this.

Wishing you both a long and happy retirement with lots of cruises coming your way.

Graham.

Thank you Graham. I sure hope we could meet you and Pauline on a future cruise. We could raise our glasses high. Cheers!

Greg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27 I hope your basal cell can be taken care of sooner rather than later, but thankfully they are slow movers.  DH also had one removed about 10 yes ago in almost the same spot.  

@jagsfan not glad you have to go thru surgery but glad it’ll be done very soon and not dragging things out.  

@Sea Dog what a wonderful tribute to your wife and her accomplishments. Similar to your tribute, no?  You both have so much to be proud of in your careers.  And now get to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work and dedication- retirement and cruising!   

Middle DD and SIL have a wedding this weekend in Disney World, so of course they took the opportunity to extend a few days before & after. They left yesterday morning and return Monday. Andy & I are babysitting their girls (ages 2 1/2 and 9 months).  IS IT MONDAY YET??? Just kidding, we love having them here but it’s exhausting!  

FE8E1D76-5506-4BA3-AAF9-4DDCCFF8F417.jpeg

1B5C75E1-3260-43AE-A1B7-A1051D4A395C.jpeg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

what a wonderful tribute to your wife and her accomplishments. Similar to your tribute, no?  You both have so much to be proud of in your careers.  And now get to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work and dedication- retirement and cruising!   

Thanks Deb! Can’t wait to cruise!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy & I are babysitting their girls (ages 2 1/2 and 9 months).  IS IT MONDAY YET??? Just kidding, we love having them here but it’s exhausting!  

Quite an exhausting age, not much communication to gauge their moods, and.... diapers.

Monday -- "something" to look forward to 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks like Kenzie is ready for her bother’s fall festival.

F31821D1-696E-433D-BF12-8407BFA270A1.thumb.jpeg.1bba907e7f876b7a36e1240d42a2806f.jpeg

3A7C9F71-30E7-4DA3-92F5-8339C4CAB5F1.thumb.jpeg.a3da27de754d54e4d4d80c8ba35a3457.jpeg

4BE9CA42-5B5C-443C-8538-BD053F693C1A.thumb.jpeg.5feb3fc370fee47d0a1bbe4c7b3eb05d.jpeg

I think in the last pic Caden might of told her she’s driving tonight.

She’s going to add so much fun in your lives. Loads of charm and good looks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@grapau27 I hope your basal cell can be taken care of sooner rather than later, but thankfully they are slow movers.  DH also had one removed about 10 yes ago in almost the same spot.  

@jagsfan not glad you have to go thru surgery but glad it’ll be done very soon and not dragging things out.  

@Sea Dog what a wonderful tribute to your wife and her accomplishments. Similar to your tribute, no?  You both have so much to be proud of in your careers.  And now get to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work and dedication- retirement and cruising!   

Middle DD and SIL have a wedding this weekend in Disney World, so of course they took the opportunity to extend a few days before & after. They left yesterday morning and return Monday. Andy & I are babysitting their girls (ages 2 1/2 and 9 months).  IS IT MONDAY YET??? Just kidding, we love having them here but it’s exhausting!  

FE8E1D76-5506-4BA3-AAF9-4DDCCFF8F417.jpeg

1B5C75E1-3260-43AE-A1B7-A1051D4A395C.jpeg

What a fun long weekend!

For your DD and SIL, but mainly for y’all and the grandkids. They’re charmers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 3rd and last wedding of the "season".

We're very excited, because we've known the bride (the beautiful girl who got to be a pilot just before Covid struck), the daughter of our next door neighbors, for years.

The wedding being on Sunday, she went today to the traditional "bath" / mikveh [Traditionally a mikveh has running water, natural water mixed with treated water, and a space in which the whole body can be submerged]. 

Afterwards, a small party was held for her closest friends, and her mother brought us a nice assortment of Moroccan sweets, which she baked herself.

DH was quick to sample some, before I had a chance to take a picture... 😲

Yael.jpg

• Like 18

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My great grandsons have been to hay rides, corn mazes and pumpkin patches, and are ready for Halloween. 

3166B745-C5C3-4831-A99B-4AD9B4A87612.jpeg

FEDE9FDC-59CF-42AB-B679-00673B452E63.jpeg

39F87060-3FED-47F5-BC39-5B68803BB2BB.jpeg

Great looking kids.  I have found the grandkids are a huge blessing.  I can only imagine what great grandkids will be but I am guessing maybe better!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well got a little surprise today when I logged into my RCI web site. 

It updated our cruise points and we are now, DIAMOND PLUS. 

It took only 6 days for the points to be added. 

😃

Congrats and welcome to the club!

• Like 2