Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I could not be more proud of her and what she does.

As you rightly should 🥰

Congratulations to Linda on her retirement, and wishing you both to enjoy this new time in your life to the fullest ..... cruising being a "top priority" 😁

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That looks exactly like the spot I had and in just about the same spot.

Looks great and I imagine smells even better.

I hope you had a fantastic Birthday Party with everyone. Cheers to you all!

Hurry get this to Weird Al Yankovic . I hear a hit.

That is a nice surprise. Have a great dinner.

Wow. You eat at the most amazing places. You look as great as the food does.

I agree. My goal after retirement is at least twice a year and hopefully go every quarter.

Congrats to Owen. It had to be that great breakfast don't you think?

Thanks Greg.

Graham.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Forgive me but I must brag for a minute.

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Wished I could of gotten a pic with masks. She really was smiling.

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Here is the wonderful proclamation from the county.

807456086_LindaProclamation.thumb.jpg.1aad777836a375ff342aed1fb2fcd055.jpg

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

727874199_JPBPRESENTS.jpg.45f1a75366bf64cc85155a541157640f.jpg

I'm next with retirement next week.

Then we cruise.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

Your Wife sounds amazing and what a rewarding career she has had with helping all those children.   Congratulations to her!    Very nice how they honored all her achievements.   Time to clear wall space for her plaque and certificate🥰

• Like 3

@Sea Dog

Congratulations to the Mrs.

How exciting for the both of you to start the next phase of your lives by ending the previous one with Public Appreciation.

It is not often that people admire what others accomplish and by both of your success stories, it shows how dedicated you were to your careers.

So proud of Linda today, enjoying her day in the spotlight.

So happy for the both of you that you can share great memories as you make new ones.

Be safe

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a great ceremony for Linda.  Her job is (was!) a critically important one.  I imagine that she has had her share of very satisfying and very frustrating experiences throughout her career.

So the question for you...will the next week go by quickly or agonizingly slowly?  It's getting real!!

• Like 5

Caden has planned his first fall festival for the family.  He wanted the whole family to get dressed up in costumes and come to his house where we will go on a spooky walk, play games, and roast marshmallows around the fire.  Should be a neat evening.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Caden has planned his first fall festival for the family.  He wanted the whole family to get dressed up in costumes and come to his house where we will go on a spooky walk, play games, and roast marshmallows around the fire.  Should be a neat evening.

Great idea Caden 😍  any costume ideas for you and Sharon?

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few pics from today. Final score was 23-0 for us. Owen was two for two after touchdowns, 3 kick offs, and got a punt safety for 1 point. I never heard of it before until today. 

I failed to mention the teaming rain. 

F2C3ADA5-D381-4124-B74F-46B90C9A94FB.thumb.jpeg.2575043f26511c0fc0fa255a5f523107.jpeg

Both grandmas came to the game. One player was tackled into the puddle in front of them, and slightly sprayed them. 

AC3A1E66-8C08-45DF-96DA-99764162220A.thumb.jpeg.86609d5027c91714f7fa5e97bc4d6f4c.jpeg

A salute to one another after the game. 

5DFB5995-9458-420E-9880-A585DB944E77.thumb.jpeg.2ac5e3fe328b392f3d151b6b6142d781.jpeg

Both grandmothers proud. Mom and dad too. 

CA6489D9-3080-4F8F-AFBC-05E44F4FEF9F.thumb.jpeg.5244fb5877fc1be8dbd39c3773855e81.jpeg

I know Owen’s grandmas are really proud of him. 
We’re proud of our kids, but grandchildren are the icing on our cakes!

• Like 4

Another sunny but chilly morning in lbi.   This morning we hung the new blinds for a kitchen and 3 bathrooms.  Next will re hang pictures and other beachy decor.  I always hate putting nail holes in freshly painted walls.  

All done with total house cleaning inside and out.  

I'm going to head out with Eric and do some surf fishing with him in a bit then have some work online to do.

Have a great day everyone😍

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Wished I could of gotten a pic with masks. She really was smiling.

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Here is the wonderful proclamation from the county.

807456086_LindaProclamation.thumb.jpg.1aad777836a375ff342aed1fb2fcd055.jpg

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

727874199_JPBPRESENTS.jpg.45f1a75366bf64cc85155a541157640f.jpg

I'm next with retirement next week.

Then we cruise.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

What a very important job Linda had!

There is nothing more important than giving children the opportunity to have the childhood they’re entitled to and the chance for a happy, productive adulthood. 
How wonderful that she has been recognized for her years of working in behalf of so many the children and families. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on your wife’s achievements.

Thank you Lenny. I am so proud of her.

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What a wonderful tribute for your wife.  Congratulations on her retirement..

Thank you Mark.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You have every right to be proud of your wife's accomplishments.  I hope you have a special place to display her plaque, certificate and no doubt the ones you will be receiving as well.

Thank you Bonnie. We do have the wall of shame as I put it. I pride myself in being humble so we keep all the accolades not out in plain sight.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

As you rightly should 🥰

Congratulations to Linda on her retirement, and wishing you both to enjoy this new time in your life to the fullest ..... cruising being a "top priority" 😁

We have worked hard our whole life to get to this point. And now we reward ourselves with cruising for the rest of our lives. I hope to see you onboard one of these times.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your Wife sounds amazing and what a rewarding career she has had with helping all those children.   Congratulations to her!    Very nice how they honored all her achievements.   Time to clear wall space for her plaque and certificate🥰

Thank you Debbie. I am amazed that she never got down seeing and hearing all the horrible things we had witness and take to court. She was a fierce advocate for young children.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Congratulations to the Mrs.

How exciting for the both of you to start the next phase of your lives by ending the previous one with Public Appreciation.

It is not often that people admire what others accomplish and by both of your success stories, it shows how dedicated you were to your careers.

So proud of Linda today, enjoying her day in the spotlight.

So happy for the both of you that you can share great memories as you make new ones.

Be safe

Thank you Sue for your very kind words. We are proud of our careers and hope we could make a difference.

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What a great ceremony for Linda.  Her job is (was!) a critically important one.  I imagine that she has had her share of very satisfying and very frustrating experiences throughout her career.

So the question for you...will the next week go by quickly or agonizingly slowly?  It's getting real!!

Thanks Bob. Agonizingly slow is the right term. I haven't been sleeping well at night just thinking about everything that has to get done before retiring and getting ready to cruise. Yes it's real my friend. No turning back now.

43 minutes ago, singinalot said:

agree with all the above. Congrats to Linda!

@Sea Dog

Thank you Crystal. Have you recovered yet?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At Corrie and Zander’s school they are having Pink Out and Farmers day.

image.thumb.jpeg.60b8097e0bd6671fe3411b374b1b9587.jpeg

That is so adorable. How cute they are. Hope they are ready to clean up getting candy for Halloween.

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What a very important job Linda had!

There is nothing more important than giving children the opportunity to have the childhood they’re entitled to and the chance for a happy, productive adulthood. 
How wonderful that she has been recognized for her years of working in behalf of so many the children and families. 

Thank you Mimi. As a prosecuting Attorney in Family Support she makes about half of what she could earn in private practice. This however means more. I hope you are doing ok and staying strong. I am thinking of you.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Lenny. I am so proud of her.

Thank you Mark.

Thank you Bonnie. We do have the wall of shame as I put it. I pride myself in being humble so we keep all the accolades not out in plain sight.

We have worked hard our whole life to get to this point. And now we reward ourselves with cruising for the rest of our lives. I hope to see you onboard one of these times.

Thank you Debbie. I am amazed that she never got down seeing and hearing all the horrible things we had witness and take to court. She was a fierce advocate for young children.

Thank you Sue for your very kind words. We are proud of our careers and hope we could make a difference.

Thanks Bob. Agonizingly slow is the right term. I haven't been sleeping well at night just thinking about everything that has to get done before retiring and getting ready to cruise. Yes it's real my friend. No turning back now.

Thank you Crystal. Have you recovered yet?

Everyone else has said what I would have said .Looking forward to possibly seeing your wife post about her loving husband upon his retirement.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@lenquixote66 Wishing your daughter a very Happy Birthday today!!!🎂

Whenever we have people in our house for a meal and there are kids we always have a kids table.Yesterday it was set up for Mallory and her sister to sit at the kids table.However,my 17 year old granddaughter wanted to sit next to me so my younger daughter sat at the kids table.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well got a little surprise today when I logged into my RCI web site. 

It updated our cruise points and we are now, DIAMOND PLUS. 

It took only 6 days for the points to be added. 

😃

Congratulations, welcome to the club 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, singinalot said:

nearly....I've fallen asleep on the couch around 8pm every day this week but then I've been waking up at 4am....hoping this weekend I'll get completely back on track. 

we were looking back at pictures last night and there are just so many great memories!!!!

Those pics were great.  They would make a great picture book.  If you are like me, the digital pics are not looked at often, so many.  A picture book would be enjoyed by you and others that visit.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well got a little surprise today when I logged into my RCI web site. 

It updated our cruise points and we are now, DIAMOND PLUS. 

It took only 6 days for the points to be added. 

😃

They seem to be updating quickly.  Congrats.  I think I might have posted already, if so oops, but last Saturday I noticed on my iPad that the points were already updated.  Surprised, I showed it to Sharon and said notice anything?  She replied, Our next cruise is canceled.  Funny looking back.

• Like 1