Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

awe shucks 

we are August 6. 

That would have been fun!

I wanted to have as much time as possible between the March 27 cruise and the August cruise so Dick wouldn’t complain about cruising too much. 
How would it be possible to cruise too much?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, George C said:

I called one of my doctors a few weeks ago and was told next available appointment is February, might need to find a new doctor.

I managed to get shoved into my heart doctor’s schedule this morning to get clearance for surgery, and my surgery is scheduled for 10am November 9. 
Pretty quick considering I got the diagnosis 3 days ago. 

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I managed to get shoved into my heart doctor’s schedule this morning to get clearance for surgery, and my surgery is scheduled for 10am November 9. 

That is really quick and great news as it would be horrible to drag this out.     🙏

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, George C said:

I called one of my doctors a few weeks ago and was told next available appointment is February, might need to find a new doctor.

Out of all the places i called the farthest out was my eye doc that I scheduled for Feb 6th.    One of Eric's doctors I was trying to schedule before we leave for our b2b on Anthem in jan. but he had one opening the day after we leave on the cruise so that is scheduled for February too.     

I forget which office it was but one of the schedulers told me they had a lot of people not coming in the last several months and now that covid number are down again everyone has been calling to schedule.

• Like 1

A few pics from today. Final score was 23-0 for us. Owen was two for two after touchdowns, 3 kick offs, and got a punt safety for 1 point. I never heard of it before until today. 

I failed to mention the teaming rain. 

F2C3ADA5-D381-4124-B74F-46B90C9A94FB.thumb.jpeg.2575043f26511c0fc0fa255a5f523107.jpeg

Both grandmas came to the game. One player was tackled into the puddle in front of them, and slightly sprayed them. 

AC3A1E66-8C08-45DF-96DA-99764162220A.thumb.jpeg.86609d5027c91714f7fa5e97bc4d6f4c.jpeg

A salute to one another after the game. 

5DFB5995-9458-420E-9880-A585DB944E77.thumb.jpeg.2ac5e3fe328b392f3d151b6b6142d781.jpeg

Both grandmothers proud. Mom and dad too. 

CA6489D9-3080-4F8F-AFBC-05E44F4FEF9F.thumb.jpeg.5244fb5877fc1be8dbd39c3773855e81.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Not hard to understand. Personal preference as to frequency and mode of travel. For me, two cruises a year is more than adequate. I like to intersperse cruising with car trips and occasional group land tours. Two weeks on a ship is long enough for me. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few pics from today. Final score was 23-0 for us. Owen was two for two after touchdowns, 3 kick offs, and got a punt safety for 1 point. I never heard of it before until today. 

F2C3ADA5-D381-4124-B74F-46B90C9A94FB.thumb.jpeg.2575043f26511c0fc0fa255a5f523107.jpeg

Both grandmas came to the game. One player was tackled into the puddle in front of them, and slightly sprayed them. 

AC3A1E66-8C08-45DF-96DA-99764162220A.thumb.jpeg.86609d5027c91714f7fa5e97bc4d6f4c.jpeg

A salute to one another after the game. 

5DFB5995-9458-420E-9880-A585DB944E77.thumb.jpeg.2ac5e3fe328b392f3d151b6b6142d781.jpeg

CA6489D9-3080-4F8F-AFBC-05E44F4FEF9F.thumb.jpeg.5244fb5877fc1be8dbd39c3773855e81.jpeg

Very nice🤩

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today I started to make a bunch of appointments for when we get home

auto inspection, dentist for routine cleaning, eye exam, dermatologist, mammogram and both set up for the pre-colonoscopy visit.      I was shocked some of these doctor's office said first available appointments were January and one said February.   

Wow!  I have to say, I found it's much quicker for me to get appointments here than it was in NY.  Especially for my mammo, as well as the dermatologist.   

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

That's great news, Mimi!!!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

She's lucky to have you as a neighbor!

LOL Bonnie!  😁 You are so kind!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations once again to Owen!!!!

Beaming grandmothers!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today I started to make a bunch of appointments for when we get home

auto inspection, dentist for routine cleaning, eye exam, dermatologist, mammogram and both set up for the pre-colonoscopy visit.      I was shocked some of these doctor's office said first available appointments were January and one said February.   

Around here it is normal to wait so long for doctors appointments.I have 4 next week that I made in July.It takes close to 4 months to get an appointment for my Cardiologist .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Around here it is normal to wait so long for doctors appointments.I have 4 next week that I made in July.It takes close to 4 months to get an appointment for my Cardiologist .

Hi,  I've been thinking about your family today.  How was your Daughters Birthday?  I hope she is enjoying.  Everything go ok with Mallorys sonogram?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is the offending spot.

That looks exactly like the spot I had and in just about the same spot.

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Eye of round crocking. In mushroom gravy in my Bake/or crocking pot thingie. 

Looks great and I imagine smells even better.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.We will be celebrating beginning 6PM.In my house now is a lot of ice cream,cake,cookies,candy .😀

I hope you had a fantastic Birthday Party with everyone. Cheers to you all!

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

SW got me changing the lyrics a couple weeks ago.

I wish I was… leaving on a Jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be home again, Oh babe, we should have driven.

Hurry get this to Weird Al Yankovic . I hear a hit.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just got a surprise delivered.  

Now for dinner out with friends tonight. 

That is a nice surprise. Have a great dinner.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

Graham.

Wow. You eat at the most amazing places. You look as great as the food does.

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I agree. My goal after retirement is at least twice a year and hopefully go every quarter.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Final score was 23-0 for us. Owen was two for two after touchdowns, 3 kick offs, and got a punt safety for 1 point. I never heard of it before until today. 

Congrats to Owen. It had to be that great breakfast don't you think?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

I got a letter from my insurance company Saturday stating that one of my doctors will no longer be in Network as of Oct.25.I know that it is very difficult to find a new doctor these days.I called my doctor and the office manager  said I was the 5th patient to call.The doctor is not leaving my insurance carrier and they have no idea what is going on

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi,  I've been thinking about your family today.  How was your Daughters Birthday?  I hope she is enjoying.  Everything go ok with Mallorys sonogram?

Toby went out this morning and bought cake ,pies,ice cream and cookies.

After the sonogram Mallory and her father went to buy Ann ice cream cake and other goodies.We only ate for desert some things .We have two refrigerators and freezers stuffed with goodies.

The sonogram was fine except that my son in law said that the technician was very nasty .

The results were interpreted by an MD at the hospital today.I hope that an MRI can be scheduled for next week

• Like 5

Forgive me but I must brag for a minute.

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Wished I could of gotten a pic with masks. She really was smiling.

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Here is the wonderful proclamation from the county.

807456086_LindaProclamation.thumb.jpg.1aad777836a375ff342aed1fb2fcd055.jpg

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

727874199_JPBPRESENTS.jpg.45f1a75366bf64cc85155a541157640f.jpg

I could not be more proud of her and what she does.

I'm next with retirement next week.

Then we cruise.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Part 2 to your questionAt the party were my 2 daughters,2 granddaughters,one son in law ,one dog,the puppy,Toby and I .

Thanks for asking.😀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Part one just wrapped up of the Sea Dog Retirement Cruise. Mrs. Sea Dog (aka Linda) officially retired today one week before I retire next week.

I'm so proud of my wife Linda as she was honored with her announcement of retirement. Frank White Jackson County Executive presented a proclamation honoring Linda’s 23 years as a public servant.
Here is the announcement that Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker wrote on Linda.

"Linda works as in the Family Support Unit where she began her career in July of 1998. Linda has served the office and the children in our community with distinction for over 23 years in the Family Support Division as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Trial Team Leader and the Deputy Director. Linda was named the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Family Support Attorney of the Year Award, a record three times and was also awarded the Jackson County Distinguished Leadership Award. Most importantly, Linda has positively impacted the lives of thousands of children during her career in the office, zealously advocating on their behalf to establish paternity and child support orders. She has made our office better in countless ways and she will be greatly missed."
May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Retix ement Happy 22 BEGINS PROCLA MATION'

Some might recognize the name Frank White. He was one of greatest KC Royals shortstops to ever play the game. Winning a World Series in 1985 and was 8 time Gold Glove award winner. He got into politics and does a great job as exec for the county that makes up most of Kansas City Missouri. He also was my son's private hitting instructor as a kid. I known Frank for over 38 years covering him as a sports photographer for KMBC-TV.

Next up was Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker who presented a plaque and thanked her for everything she had done for children and families of the county.

Then we cruise.

Congratulations on your wife’s achievements.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Then we cruise.

You have every right to be proud of your wife's accomplishments.  I hope you have a special place to display her plaque, certificate and no doubt the ones you will be receiving as well.

• Like 3