Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. So very sorry to hear of your loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

Did you miss reading Lord of the Flies as a young person?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, singinalot said:

did I mention I started school this month to get my real estate license? 😬 I’ve been taking online classes for a week and am on the 5th course of 168 hours...after each exam I keep questioning what I was thinking but know it’s about our future. Tonight’s exam was metes and bounds and the govt survey system...YUCKKK.

who knows how many feet are in an acre and what a front foot is? 🤣😂

14FCD224-594A-41C4-A443-691117A5F0FA.png

Good luck!

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

did I mention I started school this month to get my real estate license? 😬 I’ve been taking online classes for a week and am on the 5th course of 168 hours...after each exam I keep questioning what I was thinking but know it’s about our future. Tonight’s exam was metes and bounds and the govt survey system...YUCKKK.

43,500 more or less

What's a front foot🤔

I'm guessing this is for a FL license

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

Good luck in the exam Crystal and then fulfilling your course to get a real estate license.

Graham.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, mets07 said:

My husband thinks I am nuts too for reading cruise critic and this thread every day.  I told him it is entertaining (for one reason or another!) and involves good people around the world dealing with crappy times.

😉

This sounds exactly like my household. He is not computer savvy and he has no idea what a forum is.  

Although, some days I need to force myself to step away as I don’t get things done while reading and chatting on here. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

did I mention I started school this month to get my real estate license?

Wishing you the best of luck in your "new" career. As far as I "know" you starting from previous trip reports up to this thread, I have a feeling it's a perfect fit for you 👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

This sounds exactly like my household. He is not computer savvy and he has no idea what a forum is.

My hubby has yet to figure out the difference in an email and a text.  Mostly because he knows he doesn't have to.  He also thinks the phone shouldn't ring after 8 p.m.  But I agree with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

The haves and the have nots?  Yeah, best not to climb aboard that train.  😉 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric's Transplant Dr told him he cannot get the vaccine for at least 30 to 60 days after he has a negative covid test.    She said they are also starting to ask people that have had covid in the last 6 months to wait and allow others to get the vaccine since they don't have the antibodies.    That is the first time I heard that being said by a Dr.

One of the reasons I did not go through with the tooth extraction yesterday, due to not being able to mix antibiotics and getting the vaccine.  Not sure if that could be related, but seems they don't want to mix the drugs.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The  book 1984 ,  yup read it in HS around 1974.

Also if you never read a good book in  your younger days try Fahrenheit 451.

Stay healthy

1984 was downright creepy...but good.  There was actually a badly done "B" movie based on the book...it was even more creepy.  😮