Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Properly seasoned by now. 👍

Oh yeah.  Kind of like those old cast iron frying pans that are handed down through generations.  The trick is to be sure it is seasoned properly when new. Pizza never sticks to it.  

I had another stone that never took on the first few tries.  That is the one I left with the ex husband.  😉  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How about these Ocean Boy.

Pre cruise in Southampton England.

IMG_20181024_193902.jpg

IMG_20180823_201707.jpg

Wow, that's some pizza, which restaurant did you go to?  Southampton is within a day trip drive for us 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am constantly worried I might drop and smash my old tired and true pizza stone.  Have had that one for 45 years.  It's a little worn around the edges, but still works beautifully!  At least I was able to get that out of the divorce of the first husband.  😉 

I hear ya!  When our boys were growing up and started to help with cleaning up and doing dishes noone allowed to touch moms pizza stone.  

• Like 2

Grilled pizza! The first time I did this, I was worried that the crust would fold up, slither through the grates and make a huge mess, but it works. Whether the crust is homemade or bought doesn’t make a difference, but if it’s homemade, a brief grill before putting on toppings is better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Wow, that's some pizza, which restaurant did you go to?  Southampton is within a day trip drive for us 

It is 1 of several new restaurants attached to West Quay shopping centre.

You can see M&S in the background.

We were sitting outside and you can see the city walls.

Premier Inn Westquay is behind the restaurant.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is this an "event" with food, booths, or other things that might make it interesting to watch, or is it more just cones and riders in a parking lot.  Could be something interesting for a 2 hour drive, unless it's not really intended for spectators.

It’s an event but don’t expect to see a lot of vendors. There are several places to get food on the location but they are there year round. I know a couple of vendors that are sponsors and giving away a couple of raffle items. People will show up to watch. Spectators are welcome but remain outside the Bicycle barriers.  The Harley-Davidson dealership is onsite, one of the largest dealerships in the US. There are several outlet stores onsite as well. 

I think you would enjoy seeing how really good some civilian riders are. Master Class is for current and retired Motor Officers but they must participate with a civilian motorcycle. Can’t use their department bike. As this is a “Civilian” Challenge/Rodeo, Master Class is not eligible for Top Gun/Mr Rodeo. They will compete only in their class. 

There is a $100 entry fee and all proceeds go to the Volusia Sherriff Office Charity program. The Sherriff Office is helping put on the event. It was done in this way because of insurance and liability. 

M8

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Really??!!   Well...guess I will be right in style then.  😉   

Oh wait...every day is drink wine day for me!   😄 🍷  Cheers!! 

Crap!! I didn't know that (not that it really matters anyway 😉). What was I thinking. I do learn something new everyday on CC.  I guess today will have to be don't recork the bottle wine day to make up for yesterday. Better late than never.  🍷🍷

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love left over pizza for breakfast. The problem is that there is rarely any left over.

I used to like that also...but tend to freeze the last couple of pieces to heat up another day for lunch.  😉 

When I order out, at last 2 large to make it worth (delivery fee and tip not included). One Margherita and one Pepperoni.

Freezing the rest for a "flat" evening.... 😉

• Like 2

Dough from scratch, roll out onto pizza stone, prebake for 5-8 minutes (insures crispy crust), then let cool a bit...start the toppings pile up.  🙂 

Roll out onto pizza stone?

We bought a pizza stone a few months ago and have been experimenting.  When we make dough from scratch we use a pizza "peel" to slide it onto the pizza stone for 5 to 8 minutes of pre-baking.  But your phrase "roll out onto a pizza stone" intrigues me.  A hot pizza stone?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Grilled pizza! The first time I did this, I was worried that the crust would fold up, slither through the grates and make a huge mess, but it works. Whether the crust is homemade or bought doesn’t make a difference, but if it’s homemade, a brief grill before putting on toppings is better.

Yes, grilled pizza is awesome too.  I have done this many times too. 

I like to use naan bread for pizza on the grill.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pre cruise pizzas in Southampton England.

Please, please, keep those pizzas coming....

We stayed at PI WQ pre-Anthem cruise, but arrived Sunday afternoon.... the Mall was closed, so we opted for their breakfast cum dinner deal.

In the morning, just crossed the road behind HI parking lot, and, presto -- we were at the terminal 😁

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is 1 of several new restaurants attached to West Quay shopping centre.

You can see M&S in the background.

We were sitting outside and you can see the city walls.

Premier Inn Westquay is behind the restaurant.

I saw M&S in the background.  There are one of our favorites.  They have a great happy hour special.  It feels like forever since I was at one.

• Like 2

In honor of our one day "winter", DH cooked "comfort food" --

a very rich vegetable soup

IMG_5400.jpg

and a Jewish traditional meal for those who keep the Shabbat (fire/electricity use forbidden)... cooked before Shabbat starts, and then left in the oven for 24 hours. D e l i c i o u s .  The kids asked for seconds, thirds, and all that was left to take home 😁

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pizza stone definitely needed.  I bought one about 15 yrs ago and have used countless times.

One of our sons wanted a pizza stone while he was at college/university. We got it for him. We "inherited" it upon his graduation. We use it often!  Probably never would have purchased one otherwise. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

In honor of our one day "winter", DH cooked "comfort food" --

a very rich vegetable soup

IMG_5400.jpg

and a Jewish traditional meal for those who keep the Shabbat (fire/electricity use forbidden)... cooked before Shabbat starts, and then left in the oven for 24 hours. D e l i c i o u s .  The kids asked for seconds, thirds, and all that was left to take home 😁

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

My Jewish boss says nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

3 lovely girls.

Paulines late mam was 95 in this photo with Pauline and Sarah.

IMG-20210215-WA0003.jpg

Amazing how much your girls look alike!  I have a niece that looks a lot like I did when I was young and had brown hair!!!!!  Wishing the best for you all and healthy times ahead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Crap!! I didn't know that (not that it really matters anyway 😉). What was I thinking. I do learn something new everyday on CC.  I guess today will have to be don't recork the bottle wine day to make up for yesterday. Better late than never.  🍷🍷

Cheers my friend!!  😄 🍷

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Roll out onto pizza stone?

We bought a pizza stone a few months ago and have been experimenting.  When we make dough from scratch we use a pizza "peel" to slide it onto the pizza stone for 5 to 8 minutes of pre-baking.  But your phrase "roll out onto a pizza stone" intrigues me.  A hot pizza stone?

Gosh no...cold stone.  I lightly flour it, then put my ball of dough on it.  Using large rolling pin, I roll it out very, very thin.  We adore thin crust pizza.  Once to the edges and uniform looking, into the preheated oven it goes at 400 degrees.  Pull it back out when starting to brown (about 8 minutes).  I let it cool on the pizza stone, then top it with any kind of creation of homemade toppings.  Then back into the oven it goes....Yum!  😋

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Making traditional chicken stew from scratch in the crock pot right now.  Takes all day for the good smells to finally happen...but love slow cooker meals.  🙂  I do all my dry beans in it as well.  

Last night was brats on the grill with my "ranch style" beans.  Regular brats for Bucky, "Beyond Meat" veggie brat for me.  😉 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Gosh no...cold stone.  I lightly flour it, then put my ball of dough on it.  Using large rolling pin, I roll it out very, very thin.  We adore thin crust pizza.  Once to the edges and uniform looking, into the preheated oven it goes at 400 degrees.  Pull it back out when starting to brown (about 8 minutes).  I let it cool on the pizza stone, then top it with any kind of creation of homemade toppings.  Yum!  😋

Interesting.  All the instructions we found say to preheat the pizza stone, which does make sense.

We use a mixture of flour and corn meal on the pizza peel.  But we got much better results after pre-baking our crust for a few minutes.  Without pre-baking it was tough to get the raw dough with toppings to slide off on to the pizza stone.

A few times we've pre-heated the pizza stone, but rolled the dough out on a thin metal baking tray we have.  Pre-bake a few minutes, remove the  metal tray and pizza crust...pile on toppings and then back in until done.  I haven't fully convinced my wife, but to me the pizza that used the thin metal baking tray was just as good as putting the dough directly on the pizza stone.