Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I just got a call telling me that I won $2.5 million from Publishers Clearing House.It was a recording .Interesting because the last time I bought more than one issue of a magazine was in 1999.

A NYC based magazine did a story on Internet Message Boards. They spoke to the owner of a Brooklyn Nostalgia board that I posted on and still do and asked him to give him the contact information of the two people who posted the most ,one of which was me ,resulting in an article .They gave me two free copies of the magazine and I bought several others at a newsstand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I got married I had facial hair.My wife never saw me clean shaven.

In 2016 I shaved my beard and mustache off and what did my wife say ?

She told me to grow them back immediately.I also felt that way.

Same thing with me. I shaved it off once in 40 years of marriage, and she said grow it back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave ,I meant if you visit a museum or a church or a historic site where there are brochures that I keep them and have been since 1967.

No. I cut out the any pictures or titles I might want and add them to our photos of the location in our photo albums. Or I scan and shrink them on the computer and add them to the photo album. I then toss the original brochures. Because I ended up never looking at them again. 

I have also, on occasion added one of those 3 hole clear pockets to the photo album, and I might tuck a couple of brochures or ticket stubs in those.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It belonged to my father.I still have his documents when he came to the US in 1913 at age 18.

Don't have paperwork handy, but I think my ancestors arrived Nieu Amsterdam in 1620's

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George C said:

We are going out tonight for Cinco De Mayo, one of our friends is playing with his Salsa band , he has been playing professionally in Dallas for about 60 years .

I think it'll be street taco's for me in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  Yesterday I watched original Star Wars in honor of May 4th Star Wars day.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Coralc said:

No. I cut out the any pictures or titles I might want and add them to our photos of the location in our photo albums. Or I scan and shrink them on the computer and add them to the photo album. I then toss the original brochures. Because I ended up never looking at them again. 

I have also, on occasion added one of those 3 hole clear pockets to the photo album, and I might tuck a couple of brochures or ticket stubs in those.  :classic_biggrin:

I do that also at times

1 hour ago, George C said:

We are going out tonight for Cinco De Mayo, one of our friends is playing with his Salsa band , he has been playing professionally in Dallas for about 60 years .

Totally forgot to mention during the music conversation, but I absolutely love salsa music.  It’s why we love Boleros on RCI ships.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Me either, but I also can’t picture hubby with long hair. Didn’t even recognize him. 🤣

DH had short hair when we met but it was dyed platinum blond with orange tips, guess it was an 80’s thing.  Who am I to judge though, I had the requisite 80’s perm LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Why do we still have early March weather ?  

Because you live in the North part of the country.  Here it is 73 and will be 84 by the weekend.  I think it is time for a beach day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Waiting for school to end. 

24F556E0-BB1B-4DFA-8C79-B370F8D885C8.thumb.jpeg.c318e0a718d5adfc554afd6ae6b04582.jpeg

Grandma rolled in with 14 balloons and a gift. She had 4 blow away in the yard. She chased after 2 and caught them. She had to blow up 2 more to replace the ones that popped.  

EA19D20D-12D9-4512-90D1-79BBEB0B08AA.thumb.jpeg.0c3d8767a7b71c870bc220389d6058d1.jpeg

5059758A-796A-4396-B409-59835251C7CA.thumb.jpeg.a30c2b9a26ec55ebfc4a7bd858075b52.jpeg

A1D5E438-B0DA-461C-A8A8-D0B02AA956E8.thumb.jpeg.c5508beb92f92dd63878f4f163bf461d.jpeg

Waiting for his gift pictures. Highlight of my day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why do we still have early March weather ? When will it get warm ?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm not going to see 70 degrees here for another 9 days.  High of 51 with rain on Sunday.  I might need to put on a jacket and I don't know if I have enough long pants.  I miss Florida.  ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2