Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

That thread lasted a lot longer than I thought.  I’m guessing it was the weekend. 

I was horrified by the level of vitriol that some threads take. I’m pretty much only posting here.

On a more positive note, my younger son came for a 10 day visit. He lives in downtown Toronto, and is an essential worker, so he enjoyed being babied and not having to do much (my choice!). We hadn’t seen him for almost a year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our humidity was sky high yesterday.  We couldn't sit out for more that a few minutes until we abandoned our balcony to indoor A/C.

Today we had a weather advisory, major T-storms, flooding.  Rain, rain.  I can't remember a day when we had low humidity and sun shining all day long.  AND our area usually isn't prone to very high humidity, like Houston.

I was in Israel many years ago during the hottest day in forever.  We were on a bus coming back from Haifa to Tel Aviv and I couldn't get up from my seat because my dress was stuck to the plastic bus seat.  I was so afraid my dress would rip, melt and I would have to get out of there "au naturale".  Luckily, Jack pried it loose carefully all intact.  It was so hot, the windows had to be closed or people would choke on the hot blowing air.  They opened vents on the roof so we wouldn't suffocate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Lionesss

May be I've missed it -- are your before or after your daughter's wedding?

If AFTER, pls. post some pictures -- happy events are good for the soul 🥰

Thank you  for asking.

The wedding is in July.

So far I have survived the bachelorrette party and this past weekend I hosted two showers for the DD.

One here where we live, and the other where the groom to be's family and friends live.

Both families have elderly members so I just split the shower to two days at separate locations so all could be included.

Today I rested.

Side note:

I only know how to post pictures from my IPhone.

The computer hates me.

I am currently on the computer, because my IPhone now hates me and will not let me post because it is not recognizing my password and I cannot log on to post pictures.

CC says I have to wait 15 min.  to try again.

When the DH catches up with me later, or in the event I can find a youngin to help me figure out what is wrong and I can log onto the IPhone CC site I will post some pictures.

But for now, frustrated.

It is all because of this modern technology, I knew I was doomed when the bag phone came into existence in 1991-1992 ish.

Now things are just a changing way to fast for this soon to be 65 year youngin.

Stay healthy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Our humidity was sky high yesterday.  We couldn't sit out for more that a few minutes until we abandoned our balcony to indoor A/C.

Today we had a weather advisory, major T-storms, flooding.  Rain, rain.  I can't remember a day when we had low humidity and sun shining all day long.  AND our area usually isn't prone to very high humidity, like Houston.

I was in Israel many years ago during the hottest day in forever.  We were on a bus coming back from Haifa to Tel Aviv and I couldn't get up from my seat because my dress was stuck to the plastic bus seat.  I was so afraid my dress would rip, melt and I would have to get out of there "au naturale".  Luckily, Jack pried it loose carefully all intact.  It was so hot, the windows had to be closed or people would choke on the hot blowing air.  They opened vents on the roof so we wouldn't suffocate. 

Our friend and neighbor who only lives a couple of houses away had there house flooded the other night . My buddy who owns a great Italian restaurants has been living in a hotel with his wife and dogs since February freeze , hopefully they will be able to move back home soon. 

Last week Royal announced that our Oct 6 day cruise on Indy was moved to  Odyssey .

Yesterday I looked and  the 8 day cruises were now open, so I booked an 8 day to make a B2B  on Odyssey in Oct.  They hadn't assigned a cabin for the 6 day cruise, so we just grabbed a balcony as a placeholder.  This morning I saw they had assigned  a cabin, so I called C&A, and they   were able to book the same cabin for both cruises.

We are also booked on Adventure, so I submitted the request for the Bahamas health Visa.

We booked everything through Royal, so we get to fly from FLL to NAS, and transfers to the ship.

This will be like sailing from Bayonne before they built the new terminal, where you went to the Quonset to do the paper work, then on a shuttle bus to the ship. One thing for sure, it won't be the bitter cold like Bayonne was in February.

• Like 4

Also had an email from C&A

Dear Guest,

Your vacation onboard Adventure of the Seas® is right around the corner! And we’d like to thank you for being part of Royal Caribbean® history as you join us on one of our first sailings back to the Caribbean. There’s so much to look forward to. And, to get you even more excited before you go, we want to share some of the great enhancements as well as some changes to our Crown & Anchor® Society program and benefits.

We’re thrilled to offer you additional beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time or in the Diamond Lounge during the nightly Happy Hour. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. Each voucher is for drinks up to $13. Consider it happy hour all day long! You’ll also love our newly reimagined behind-the-scenes entertainment tour and a Meal with an Officer, priority access to all shows, and new ways of recognizing our new Pinnacle Club members.

As we return to service, some benefits and services have changed. To follow new health protocols and better manage the flow of guests in terminals, the check-in process will be different. All guests will be required to select an arrival time in advance via the Royal Caribbean app. However, Pinnacle Club members can enjoy Flexible Arrival — a new program allowing the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while
the terminal is open.

Onboard, we must adhere to new healthy sail protocols and capacity limits in most venues. So, access to Suite and Concierge lounges will only be limited to members staying in Suites. Your Loyalty Ambassador will share more detailed information with you onboard.

As always, we thank you for your continued support of Royal Caribbean. As our most loyal guests, we can’t wait to make incredible vacation
memories together again.

See you onboard!

Crown & Anchor Society

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've never seen that before.  I agree with Graham...Brilliant!

2 years ago we were in london on holiday and after doing a tour of London Tower we stopped in a restaurant right next to the tower along the river and had a lite meal in their bubbles. 

https://coppaclub.co.uk/towerbridge/

This was November and they had small space heaters and would give you blankets to cover your lap if needed.      It was really nice being able to dine outdoors and be protected from the chill along the river.     

I had never seen anything like this in the US till covid hit then I saw some restaurants on the news in Philadelphia and New York that had some bubbles too.    

Great idea.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll combine a few recent discussions from this thread into talking about our dinner last night.  DD26 lives about 15 minutes away from us (in Ohio) with her BF.  Her BF is a chef.  They come to our house for dinner fairly frequently and he often cooks.  He claims that he really likes doing it, but I think he just doesn't want to say no to his girlfriend's mother.  My part in the whole situation is to make sure that his beer doesn't get empty.

Last night, they invited us to their apartment for dinner.  He made duck using his sous vide cooker and then seared, topped with a blueberry compote.  For a vegetable, he sautéed mushrooms and bacon and put them in a béchamel sauce with asiago cheese.  The starch was a rustic garlic mashed potatoes.  DD23 was with us and doesn't like duck, so he made her some shrimp with a vodka lobster sauce.  It might have been better than the duck.  Amazing meal.  Still recovering from the food coma.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures.  

Sounds like a keeper for your DD and the family 😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Friday and Saturday saw 98 and 99 degree weather. I didn't venture out. John worked both days. His shop is not air conditioned. 

Today was 93. Went for a picnic and short drive. Too hot to put the top down on the car. 

But GOOD NEWS! And some bad news. After 1 1/2 years we were finally able to visit my mom in memory care at the VA. She has 4 nice windows overlooking the courtyard and the Mississippi River. We decorated the windows with lots of 4th of July decorations. Turned out cute. Her birthday is Tuesday so we took lots of balloons.

Bad news...after being away for so long we're not sure she knew who we were. It's so sad.

That is sad and difficult.    Nice that she is able to be in a place that will take good care of her.   God bless her.

• Like 2

One of the restaurants around here put in a couple of those bubbles.  They charge $50 for the privilege to sit in one, plus the cost of the meal.  It might not be bad in cool or rainy weather, but I don’t think I would want to get baked in one in the heat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a blessing. Our cats cry and whine the whole way to and from the vet. I feel bad for them. They sound like they are dying with their meows. Maybe they are just trying to get back at me.

A previous cat I had loved car rides.    As I have always had convertibles and she was part indoor/part outdoor cat.   sometimes I would find her sleeping in my car, so occasionally I would get my keys and drive her around the neighborhood.     She loved the roof down and would sit with her paws on the door with her hair blowing in the wind.     

Sometimes after vet visits I would take her to the drive thru at McDonalds and get a plain hamburger and fries (yes, she loved their fries too).     

She was fine in the car but hated the vet and would hiss and cry/scream at him till I started the drive thru routine with her then she was on her best behavior and never hollered at the Vet again.   

Sad to say we lost her because she hopped a ride in my neighbors pick up truck bed and when he was leaving a store he saw a cat walking down the side walk and thought that looks like my cat but didn't bother to call for her or check if it was as he thought my cat wouldn't be at the shopping center.   We never saw her again.    He felt horrible and I was searched for her everyday for a long time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

One of the restaurants around here put in a couple of those bubbles.  They charge $50 for the privilege to sit in one, plus the cost of the meal.  It might not be bad in cool or rainy weather, but I don’t think I would want to get baked in one in the heat. 

I wouldn't pay $50 for the privilege.    That's ridiculous IMO. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We never saw her again

That breaks my heart for you. I am so sorry. That's why I love cats, they are each so different in their own way. One of my past cats used to jump up and lay across my shoulder blades. I could walk around the house with the cat laying on my shoulders. My son's cat will not give me time or day. It took me several years before he would let me pet him. It's a mystery to me why one cat would love a car ride and others like mine would scream bloody murder. Keeps life interesting I'll say that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our friend and neighbor who only lives a couple of houses away had there house flooded the other night . My buddy who owns a great Italian restaurants has been living in a hotel with his wife and dogs since February freeze , hopefully they will be able to move back home soon. 

So sorry to hear this.  Hope both families can get back in their homes soon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A previous cat I had loved car rides.    As I have always had convertibles and she was part indoor/part outdoor cat.   sometimes I would find her sleeping in my car, so occasionally I would get my keys and drive her around the neighborhood.     She loved the roof down and would sit with her paws on the door with her hair blowing in the wind.     

Sometimes after vet visits I would take her to the drive thru at McDonalds and get a plain hamburger and fries (yes, she loved their fries too).     

She was fine in the car but hated the vet and would hiss and cry/scream at him till I started the drive thru routine with her then she was on her best behavior and never hollered at the Vet again.   

Sad to say we lost her because she hopped a ride in my neighbors pick up truck bed and when he was leaving a store he saw a cat walking down the side walk and thought that looks like my cat but didn't bother to call for her or check if it was as he thought my cat wouldn't be at the shopping center.   We never saw her again.    He felt horrible and I was searched for her everyday for a long time.

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  That is awful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I don't get the attraction to pay extra for sitting in a bubble.  Isn't it better to sit in an enclosed glassed in area that's part of the restaurant? OR sit outdoors when the weather is enjoyable?

Different strokes........

• Like 3