Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

TA just called.

Our October Symphony of the Seas sailing has some adjustments.

1.  Sail away at 7pm.

2.  Labadee cancelled, another sea day in its place.

3.  San Juan cancelled, St. Marteen substituted.  

As long as we sail, I will be happy.

Our October 2 Symphony of the Seas sailing has some adjustments too.

1. Sail away at 7pm.

2. St. John’s Antigua cancelled, St Marteen substituted

St. Thomas and CocoCay has not changed.  The reason they gave for the cancellation was the Port of Antigua has advised they are not equipped with gangways to accommodate our ship and unfortunately, we’ll no longer be able to visit Antigua.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

San Juan was replaced by Nassau 🙄on my upcoming Celebrity cruise as well.  Not a recent change though. I love SJ and prefer it to Nassau.

I love SJ too. I’ve try to avoid booking a cruise to Nassau.  If ours would of been changed to Nassau we would of considered just staying on the ship that day.

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The reason they gave for the cancellation was the Port of Antigua has advised they are not equipped with gangways to accommodate our ship and unfortunately, we’ll no longer be able to visit Antigua.

This isn't good news to me.  We are booked for April, 2021 and this was one of the stops I was most looking forward to visiting.  They didn't realize this when they set up the itineraries?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love SJ too. I’ve try to avoid booking a cruise to Nassau.  If ours would of been changed to Nassau we would of considered just staying on the ship that day.

We too are thinking of staying on the ship this time. Maybe we will just stretch our legs on the pier. Our stop is 7 am to 2.30 pm.

Edited by Arzeena

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have been watching Below Deck from the beginning but I just am not warming up to this group.  Maybe when Roy Orbison Jr. comes on it will pick up for me.

He was already on. I saw it last week. I have noticed others mention when they see so and so come on, but I have already seen it. Are these reruns you haven’t watched yet? I’ve been trying to figure out why I have been seeing the shows at different times than others. I didn’t start watching the Below Deck shows until recently so I’ve had reruns mixed in between. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am addicted and a complete binge watcher of the series. While I do not like reality television at all, the yachts, food and locations make up for it. Like Andrew said it's a complete train wreck of personalities but that what makes it fun. We record and watch on Friday nights with our cruising and cocktails theme. If you are interested I would go back and start watching the series from the beginning with the original "Below Deck" you can see the different Captains, their styles and follow along with some of the crew that had been on the series for awhile.

This is good to know. Many on here talk about the Below Deck shows but we haven’t given it a try due to how much we dislike reality shows - most of which are far from reality, LOL.  Maybe we’ll give it a shot based on your comments. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Lionesss everything you have been putting together for the wedding looks amazing. 

I agree and look forward to seeing some pictures.  Having done this twice, I know how much work goes into all the special personal touches. Add in the excitement and emotions and all I can say is @Lionesss deserves a vacation!  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

TA just called.

Our October Symphony of the Seas sailing has some adjustments.

1.  Sail away at 7pm.

2.  Labadee cancelled, another sea day in its place.

3.  San Juan cancelled, St. Marteen substituted.  

As long as we sail, I will be happy.

Our October 2 Symphony of the Seas sailing has some adjustments too.

1. Sail away at 7pm.

2. St. John’s Antigua cancelled, St Marteen substituted

St. Thomas and CocoCay has not changed.  The reason they gave for the cancellation was the Port of Antigua has advised they are not equipped with gangways to accommodate our ship and unfortunately, we’ll no longer be able to visit Antigua.

Does this mean you now need testing that wasn’t previously required, or was testing always necessary?

Have any of you visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland OH?  We’re looking for a 4-5 day road trip and this might fit the bill.  Looks like about a 10 hour drive from here.  We’ve already done Baseball HOF in Cooperstown or we could wrap that in.  Maybe time it to see a baseball game and cross another MLB field off the list.  

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

This isn't good news to me.  We are booked for April, 2021 and this was one of the stops I was most looking forward to visiting.  They didn't realize this when they set up the itineraries?

Antigua was the port we were looking forward to the most too although it has been the one stop we were not sure what to do while visiting.  Only port we have not been to, we have been to the other ports before.  At least it’s ports we have enjoyed and the gang here helped us to look at going over to St John’s island .  Also if this cruise originally did not have St. John’s Antigua, I would of never learned that St John’s island was a different place 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We too are thinking of staying on the ship this time. Maybe we will just stretch our legs on the pier. Our stop is 7 am to 2.30 pm.

The few times we have stayed on while others got off we enjoyed.  Jamaica is another port we stay on board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Has anyone been watching Below Deck Med?  Curious as to what you think.  So far I am not enjoying it🥴

Series 4 started last night on UK TV.

Chef Milo had food poisoning on the first day.

She actually put a steak in the microwave?

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Maybe we’ll give it a shot based on your comments. 

If you like multi million dollar yachts, great food and incredible locations at sea you can get past the drama. It's really fun and people are watching as it's Bravo's highest rated show.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have any of you visited the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland OH?  We’re looking for a 4-5 day road trip and this might fit the bill.  Looks like about a 10 hour drive from here.  We’ve already done Baseball HOF in Cooperstown or we could wrap that in.  Maybe time it to see a baseball game and cross another MLB field off the list.  

I grew up not far from Cleveland but moved a few years before it opened.  We have family in Ohio and visit often but have not made the time to visit.  It is something my daughter really wants to do and I think I would enjoy too.  If you think you would like to visit the football HOF it is in Canton Ohio which if I am remembering correctly is only a couple hours from Cleveland.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

He was already on. I saw it last week. I have noticed others mention when they see so and so come on, but I have already seen it. Are these reruns you haven’t watched yet? I’ve been trying to figure out why I have been seeing the shows at different times than others. I didn’t start watching the Below Deck shows until recently so I’ve had reruns mixed in between. 

Do you have a streaming service? They showed him coming on next week after last night’s episode.

• Like 1

We didn’t take this video but this is the penthouse suite we had last week, we were told nobody had it the first week so we were first there in over a year. We were treated like royalty all week, definitely vip treatment, I will see if my wife can help post a couple of pictures, we did this suite to celebrate my wife’s birthday and our anniversary, doubt we will ever do anything this big again . Will be happy to answer any questions, we did give a tour to some other cruise critic including Cruise Wizard Gary and his wife Mary . Our grand in November will look small compared to this. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The few times we have stayed on while others got off we enjoyed.  Jamaica is another port we stay on board.

My take on Jamaica:

We love Jamaica, so I would be the first one out there. 😁

Many do not care for Falmouth. But everybody's comfort/tolerence levels are different. From Falmouth we have taken cruise ship excursions and done day passes directly with hotels or third party booked in advance...Doctor's cave beach MO bay, all that, and Rose Hall Hilton was my favorite AI day pass place which we did on our own. We always tried to see if there was a small group or couple of people from the roll call who would like to go. From Ochi we have wandered off on our own many times, done day passes, Dunn's River, etc etc. I have walked around on my own in this part, since I felt comfortable doing so. Yes one is propositined for trying things out or looking at thier shop, finding a good time called sweet heart, etc etc but I laugh it all! I am not easily intimidated, careful YES, but not scared. It is definitely not everybody's cup of tea, but I am fine with it and get amused. Ya Mon!😁

• Like 3