Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Hi, Dani,

My wife is very handy, so she made her own Mickey ears and face masks for the family (YouTube was her best friend). The Mickey Mouse Face masks we were wearing were home made.

Indeed, she is 🥰

15 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

In case it’s not obvious, our whole family really enjoy Disney parks. 

We too.... Crossing the pond 3 times (one even to LA) is no small feat...

Pity we couldn't get in in Paris.

One of 3 my most exhilarating experiences was on the boat crossing the lake at Disney Florida in 1990. The other two were Milford Sound and my close encounter with a seal in Galapagos....

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think you are right. Even my wife Linda says “why are you even asking me about whether or not you should get it, your going to end up getting it anyway?” My wife knows me all too well.

I might get one also, knowing full well that I'll play with it for a while/a couple of cruises, and then probably put it on a shelf with some of my other "must have" toys.  I actually enjoy the post processing aspect of photography/videography, especially now that I have more time.  @twangster posted some really cool photos and videos using it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The weirdest thing just happened.  I just posted #27113, with pictures of It's A Small World.  But when I clicked to "Submit Reply" to post, it posted with somebody else's signature, @Gail604.  Sorry about that to Gail.  I can't understand what or how that happened.  I guess CC is having IT issues still.

And here I was thinking we have a new "subscriber" 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'd say so. Good thing he didn't crash land. Sorry I don't have the nerve to do that.

Watching half a dozen of them land in  a stadium full of people is fascinating. 
They seem to come from different directions, but manage to land one by one, on the target. 
if I were at Disney World, I’d be trying to see the wire they’re attached to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

knowing full well that I'll play with it for a while/a couple of cruises, and then probably put it on a shelf with some of my other "must have" toys

That’s always the case. I’ve got 3 old Go Pro’s, 2 old Nikons, a old Canon and a Olympus just sitting around collecting dust.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Continue with day 3:

Couple more pics from Star Wars Land before we headed out:

Saw Chewie hanging around the Falcon

20210809_133849.thumb.jpg.e6a86a3d432be1c3967177c6e06a71f2.jpg

Not sure who this is from the Star Wars Universe.  If anyone is a big fan, please let me know.

20210809_133734.thumb.jpg.eeda59e2c5ae6cde037f91a98c0f2317.jpg

As it was getting hotter by the minute, it was time to try to escape the heat and do an indoor ride.  That meant “Small World” as it’s around 15 minutes and has A.C. 

Small World area in Disneyland is very elaborate with the façade front. If you come here during the holidays, it’s all pink and they change out the Small World song to play Holiday music.  Totally different experience. 

Small world with no special holiday overlay

20210809_135156.thumb.jpg.ea36bfcc7302c82032c3d1ce88d52f8b.jpg

Here’s an old picture from our December 2015 with the Holiday overlay

20151226_214948.thumb.jpg.90aad41328d0e96f47bf0bcdea5ad974.jpg

Small World is a ride I never missed at the Magic Kingdom. I first went on it at the New York World’s Fair with our toddler. 
Then when Disney World opened it, my kids loved it. 
It was later on that ride I discovered a cool, air conditioned, place to eat, overlooking the boats. Before that, we had gotten food at walk up places and eaten standing up!

My 30 something granddaughters still head for Small World. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

Small World is a ride I never missed at the Magic Kingdom. I first went on it at the New York World’s Fair with our toddler. 
Then when Disney World opened it, my kids loved it. 
It was later on that ride I discovered a cool, air conditioned, place to eat, overlooking the boats. Before that, we had gotten food at walk up places and eaten standing up!

My 30 something granddaughters still head for Small World. 

Crap! Now I've got that stupid song "It's A Small World" stuck in my head. 😵

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Follow-up to our moving debacle that I posted about a couple of months ago.  Recall that just about everything that came off the truck was damaged in some way and we had a couple of tables with legs completely broken off. 

IMG_7320.thumb.JPG.97d318b7780ea7c0c141b1cc136dcb17.JPG

I contacted our move coordinator who sent me a claims form to fill out.  You list each damaged item on a separate line on the form along with a description of the damage, how much it cost originally, where it came from originally, and the estimated cost to repair/replace.  I filled out the form and guesstimated the repair/replace cost as best I could.  There were 19 total items, 12 of which I said would need to be replaced rather than repaired.  

Within a few days, I got a call from an assessor who scheduled a time to come to our house and review the damage.  He was a nice guy.  He does not work for the moving company but rather works for a furniture repair place in Jacksonville who is contracted by Allied to do this work.  He essentially works full time on moving damages.  Makes sense as he will have a better idea of what it will really take to fix something, and his company can do the fixing for the estimated cost if needed.  He gave me the impression that he wanted to fairly evaluate the damage, rather than try to low ball me with an estimate.

He took one look at the pedestal table with the base completely destroyed (pic above) and said, "Wow...just wow".  He took pictures of everything and said that he hasn't seen anything that bad.  I asked for a copy of his report and was told that he couldn't give it to me because he was contracted by Allied.  I'd need to request a copy from Allied.  I waited a couple of weeks and then emailed my move coordinator asking for a copy.  She gave me a contact name/number/email in their claims department.

All along, I was fully expecting to have Allied play games with the process...require me to resubmit forms because of missing info, argue over what something was worth, not give me the assessment report, etc.  Our neighbors had moving problems (different company) and had to jump through several hoops.  He finally decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and gave up.  He thinks that is their business model...make it painful and many people will just go away.  To my surprise, that didn't happen.

The next day, before I even tried to contact the person in the Allied claims department, I received an email from her saying that they had reviewed my claim and were offering compensation per the document that she attached.  The document listed every item and for every item, the compensation was exactly what I had asked for.  We had a check for 100% of what I requested a couple of days later.  I don't know if that's normal for Allied, or if my pictures of some of the damage scared them enough (the power of social media) that they decided to give me what I wanted.  Either way, I'm happy.

Looking back at it with less emotion now, I'm not happy with what happened during the move but happy with how Allied responded.  Almost everything that was damaged can be repaired/replaced and in some cases we can now purchase new things that better fit our new house.  The only exception was the round walnut table that came from Micheline's grandparents that Micheline had lovingly restored.  Still not sure if we should have someone try to replace the broken pedestal leg or buy something new.  I'll leave that up to Micheline...we have the money to do either.

Every time I see someone with one of the local movers’ vans in their driveway, I wonder what happens if there’s damage. 
I’ve heard some horror stories 

The big movers don’t try to nickel and dime people, from everything I’ve heard. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Since the temperature dropped last Thursday the tomatoes have been ripening up big time.  I have picked over 70 of the larger variety of tomatoes and a bunch of different cherry tomatoes.  Several friends and neighbors are smiling while we share them.  It’s been raining all day so I still have today’s harvest to get.  

I once heard a country song that said “there’s just 2 things that money can’t buy, and that’s true love and home grown tomatoes “.  If I could, I’d happily take some off your hands!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATG said:

I once heard a country song that said “there’s just 2 things that money can’t buy, and that’s true love and home grown tomatoes “.  If I could, I’d happily take some off your hands!

Made some Pico De Gallo yesterday using some of our home grow tomatoes . Yum. 🍅

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Made some Pico De Gallo yesterday using some of our home grow tomatoes . Yum. 🍅

Yum is right!!  Renting houses this summer, had to give up having any tomato plants.  Used to have several when we traveled in the "land yacht".  Filled up the back of Bucky's jeep we towed behind us  with my plants (much to his annoyance...but acceptance...happy wife happy life).   😄  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It looks like most of our rain is past us now.   Went out for a walk , and found a lot of deer were out just after the rain. 

ED54FFD5-1BF4-4A9C-BD4C-DA3FAE0882A3.thumb.jpeg.85f8a0542b865874c3defae246995fc3.jpeg

EA54889F-ED8E-48DC-B339-C7AA96076CE1.thumb.jpeg.c01d58cd73ca63ce19672cdbfe697c89.jpeg

Aww...soo cute!!.  Found out recently that our neighbor back in Florida is feeding "my deer" in our back yard, and told me they are up to a herd of 10 with all the Fawns.  She loves it, (I was hoping for less "deer poopies" collected back there.  😖 Miss seeing them!  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ATG said:

My cherry tomato plant was doing really well until we found this guy and his friend yesterday. 

B1778D30-79AC-4B88-9EA8-86B81C950E22.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@reallyitsmema

Welcome back.

Just yesterday I've mentioned that I miss some of the frequent posters on the main boards, thinking of you 🌷

Thanks, Dani.  I stepped away from CC for a couple of months.  I have followed your thread at times though as it is a refuge from most of the craziness.  Glad you are still keeping this thread going strong with all your positivity and kindness. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My youngest granddaughter became 13 four days ago.I was telling her that my parents bought me a portable radio for my birthday.She looked at me as if to want to ask what that was.😀

One day I was walking through a local store and there is a little elderly lady asking if they had any transistor radios. I don't think he even knew what she was talking about. OTOH, I realized  I didn't know when I had last heard that term used.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1