Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

One day I was walking through a local store and there is a little elderly lady asking if they had any transistor radios. I don't think he even knew what she was talking about. OTOH, I realized  I didn't know when I had last heard that term used.

I fell asleep every night listening to my transistor.  It was under my pillow.  I still need a little noise to get to sleep.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope you guys are well, missed seeing you on the boards.

Thanks, Marietta.  We are doing well.  I was happy to see you and Charlie are on the Oasis virtual cruise!  Are you keeping September 5th too?  I have looked at that a few times, but I don't feel comfortable cruising at this point.  As we know, I reacted terribly to whatever they fogged with for norovirus, so really not worth getting on a ship for us right now.  I hope you get free water park at Coco Cay.  Can that new hip of yours do slides?

41 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My cherry tomato plant was doing really well until we found this guy and his friend yesterday. 

B1778D30-79AC-4B88-9EA8-86B81C950E22.jpeg

Those can get really big before they turn into a giant moth, and they can indeed eat your plants up in no time.  

Welcome back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks, Marietta.  We are doing well.  I was happy to see you and Charlie are on the Oasis virtual cruise!  Are you keeping September 5th too?  I have looked at that a few times, but I don't feel comfortable cruising at this point.  As we know, I reacted terribly to whatever they fogged with for norovirus, so really not worth getting on a ship for us right now.  I hope you get free water park at Coco Cay.  Can that new hip of yours do slides?

We moved the 5th to a January Anthem 11 day cruise.    Not sure about the slides, I will have to see how the leg is when we are there!  Water Park is free.  You are better off waiting a bit (1-20-22) 😉until you cruise again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

It’s a small,small world!

It was a repeating catchy tune during the ride.

Pauline liked the ride so we got on it every time we visited WDW Orlando or Disneyland Paris.

I liked Pirates of the Carribbean,BigThunder mountain railroad and Star Tours rides.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I fell asleep every night listening to my transistor.  It was under my pillow.  I still need a little noise to get to sleep.

That reminded me of a little speaker that I had.  It was round and flat.  You plugged it into your transistor radio and put it under your pillow.  You could hear it through the pillow but no one else could hear it.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Those can get really big before they turn into a giant moth, and they can indeed eat your plants up in no time.  

Welcome back.  

That one in the picture was about six inches long.  His friend was only about four inches long. We only have one patio pot with a large cherry tomato plant but they have eaten twenty tomatoes, at least, and have chomped off a bunch of the branches of the plant.  I have checked the plant a couple of times today and I don't see anymore and I don't have the piles they were leaving on the table the plant is on, so hopefully, we are clear.  I thought it was chipmunks going up the middle of the plant and chomping off half of a tomato until I tried to pick off one of the half eaten tomatoes and something moved. 😲 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Crap! Now I've got that stupid song "It's A Small World" stuck in my head. 😵

I just saw this song mentioned in a book I am reading.  The hero said that "It's a Small World" is a good song to sing if you've got some other song stuck in your head, i.e. an earworm.  His thinking is that it would drive out the old song but not get stuck as the new song because no one wants that song in their head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATG said:

If I could, I’d happily take some off your hands!

If we were closer I’d be happy to share them with you.  

I am about to make some homemade pizza sauce using Amish Paste tomatoes.  Also from the garden some garlic, basil and maybe onions.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

One day I was walking through a local store and there is a little elderly lady asking if they had any transistor radios. I don't think he even knew what she was talking about. OTOH, I realized  I didn't know when I had last heard that term used.

Perhaps 1980 ?

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

It was later on that ride I discovered a cool, air conditioned, place to eat, overlooking the boats.

That’s a nice cool relaxing ride.  My go to ride for ac and a nap is Carousel of Progress.  If you been on that ride you can get that song stuck in your head to.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That reminded me of a little speaker that I had.  It was round and flat.  You plugged it into your transistor radio and put it under your pillow.  You could hear it through the pillow but no one else could hear it.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Yup,  I used to have one ad a kid.  I think I got it at Radio Shack.  It was their brand Tandy.  Wow, guess I’m officially old now. 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

No.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG I cannot imagine how hot it would be to wear that Chewie costume.    

You have a beautiful family!

Keep enjoying the fun and sharing your wonderful photos.   Loving it🤩

Yeah, it was bad enough for those of us in t shirt and shorts, I would imagine it's really hot inside.  The only advantage they have is they don't have to walk throughout the park like guest do and they have short stints in their costume before going back to cool off.

Thank you for the compliment.  I might actually have a cruise related picture or two later in the trip report. Just in case we have people inquiring why is this idiot keep posting Disney info in a cruise forum? 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Small World is a ride I never missed at the Magic Kingdom. I first went on it at the New York World’s Fair with our toddler. 
Then when Disney World opened it, my kids loved it. 
It was later on that ride I discovered a cool, air conditioned, place to eat, overlooking the boats. Before that, we had gotten food at walk up places and eaten standing up!

My 30 something granddaughters still head for Small World. 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Crap! Now I've got that stupid song "It's A Small World" stuck in my head. 😵

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It’s a small,small world!

If you watch this YouTube video, you will have Small World AND Holiday songs stuck in your head like Super Glue...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If we were closer I’d be happy to share them with you.  

I am about to make some homemade pizza sauce using Amish Paste tomatoes.  Also from the garden some garlic, basil and maybe onions.  

I made eggplant towers this morning.    Homegrown eggplant (breaded and fried) slice of homegrown tomato, then another slice of eggplant and a slice of fresh mozzarella sprinkled with homegrown basil.     Bought to work today for lunch - delicious. 

I made bruschetta too!   Love being able to go out my back door and pick all my goodies.     

Have a bunch more zucchini to pick this week. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

They sell something similar on Amazon.

7C2A2DD7-72E9-4459-BB22-2BB2A145CDD3.jpeg.3fbaeb58b10f030cf9b26a1bbd820823.jpeg

• Like 1