Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Finally a quiet day for us with rain all day, the remnants of “Fred”.  
Tuesday was a marathon day. We went to beautiful Beavertail Park for a picnic lunch & some kite flying.  Then to Newport for the lobster boat tour which was awesome.  We headed to the beach for some takeout dinner on the beach, but stopped for go-kart rides on the way.  

F35BD259-C53E-4A6C-8D65-367A709B040C.jpeg

0AC0C7E0-49BF-40A1-9C1E-0D25146B97BB.jpeg

52C1113A-E305-4ADF-B4B9-6D49AAB24FCE.jpeg

805FD8B6-FFE9-4917-8058-350E50C3373D.jpeg

29D86212-53A8-4FBE-AB5C-9C62DEC3297C.jpeg

F6962416-B655-4DF4-BE51-BDB9C68CFE0C.jpeg

A123864E-2D04-4DC9-B01A-5C97EE61E7B2.jpeg

• Like 14

18 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My cherry tomato plant was doing really well until we found this guy and his friend yesterday. 

I was told many, many years ago by an old farmer if you break a couple of the non flowering stems on each tomato plant that will keep the tomato hornworms away. Works for me. I never use chemicals.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, all this worrying is too much😳

Yes I am dreading the Covid test 3 days before sailing. I have only one day to get 3 people tested when I can only make appointments several days in advance. Hopefully I will be able to find openings for that Thursday to get everyone in my party tested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I was told many, many years ago by an old farmer if you break a couple of the non flowering stems on each tomato plant that will keep the tomato hornworms away. Works for me. I never use chemicals.  

I have lots of stems that have been chomped off at the end, so I will try breaking a couple of those.  Thanks.  Checked the plant again this morning and there are no more hanging out, hopefully, we just had the two of them.  I had read that basil and marigolds are also good to keep pests away and have had them next to this plant all summer but guess I should have had them all in the same pot.  I typically have a black thumb, not a green one, so this was an experiment this year.  Not sure we will do it again as the turkeys like to come on the deck and eat the red tomatoes and the hornworms were eating all the green.  I don't want to use chemicals either.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

So after dinner, you would think we will just take it easy for the rest of the night and relax in hotel.  No way.  As hard core Disney fans and Cheapo Dad trying to maximize value in prepaid tickets, it’s time for round 2 as we made our way back to Disneyland.

Night time is so much more pleasant to visit than day time as it’s much cooler.

Mickey and Friends on Main Street.

20210809_201800.thumb.jpg.95c49ac92ab05a6a55172111370f9bf1.jpg

As you can see from people sitting on both sidewalks, they are securing a spot to watch the fireworks.  That’s too much time commitment for me.  I rather be on a ride instead.

20210809_201856.thumb.jpg.d54a1a5f77a9c30863f8abe705fd9b52.jpg

One thing I do want to note is that Disney parks are so much more festive during the holidays (but I guess everything is but somehow Disney parks looks/feels different). Here’s our 2015 Disneyland Main Street picture during the Holidays (just compare the lights of both pictures)

20151224_201241.thumb.jpg.7f96a312b28accee93d9f26b16657fa2.jpg

Or 2018 WDW Main Street with snope in the air

20181224_185104.thumb.jpg.6de4d08cd62c239f2425ab17e0ba502f.jpg

20181224_185140.thumb.jpg.83e29be693f2ce55ebb50603c52eb798.jpg

As bonus, here’s the WDW castle during the holidays back in 2018

20181230_181853.thumb.jpg.3ad4f0a3601eefaeb22ee5fcc00b5eae.jpg

The castle is gorgeous looking icy!

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today for us going to Animal Kingdom.

One of my favorite rides there, Avatar Flight of Passage.  A lot of times the line can get long.  Lately I have heard if you go between 1 and 2 the line is not as bad.  They said that they believe it is because park hopping opens up around 2 so for awhile the crowd is less.  Many times we go right before closing and the line is shorter.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
It actually posted before I was done! That was funny with how many times I can’t post.

Still catching up.  

@bobmacliberty what a pleasant surprise that the moving company came thru without any argument.  
@singinalot looking forward to your trip report from Greece!

@Ozark_Kid Happy belated Anniversary!

@DaniDanielleand @Sea Dog hope you have fantastic cruises and can’t wait to hear all about them when you return. 
@harryfat1living vicariously through your Disney trip. We are supposed to go to WDW in about 5 weeks but we may back out considering how things are in FL 🙁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, all this worrying is too much😳

I bet testing negative was one big load of stress relief!  Let’s all keep thinking positive.  You are going to love it.  Let us know your feeling once you board.  Looking forward to your post from the ship.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Me too! Listened to Cousin Brucie on WABC in NYC.

Also listened to Murray the K- one of the “good guys” on WMCA. 

I listened to both of them and met Cousin Brucie aka Bruce Meyerowitz as he lived in Brooklyn very close to where I lived.I believe that he still has an apartment in Brooklyn.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@harryfat1

love your Disneyland pictures and updates. I have not been there in 40 years. 

It is so similar to what we are experiencing here at WDW in Florida. 

I admire your pictures and updates. Ty for sharing. 

I have either been posting once a day or one single post shows up 5 times. 

practicing for our October cruise to post live. 

Hot here. Today for us going to Animal Kingdom. Supposed to be cooler here today on that hot pavement. Hearing only 99 degrees. 

take care. 

Thank you for the kind words.  Think we have mutual admiration as I see you are doing live updates on your WDW trip.  I can’t come close to live posting online. Too many things going on and I can’t think on my feet.

I hear you on trying to post remotely on the finicky CC site.  I couldn’t make it work on my phone until day 4 of my trip to post pictures from day 1. After that, it’s a lost cause.

I tip my Disney hat to you for doing a cruise report live.  I can’t come close to doing that.

Florida is crazy hot in the summer.  Only did a cruise out of Florida once in the summer and after that it was December cruise only for us.  Animal Kingdom is top notch.  Expedition Everest is terrific but as I get older, my bones ache after riding these roller coasters. Back when we were there in 2018, we had to reserve online 60 days out for Fastpass to Flight of Passage. Hopefully you get to experience it.

Enjoy your time at WDW and happy anniversary.

43 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Still catching up.  

@harryfat1living vicariously through your Disney trip. We are supposed to go to WDW in about 5 weeks but we may back out considering how things are in FL 🙁

Yeah, it's a tough decision to go or not to go on vacation.  We bought our park tickets when we got vaccinated few months ago and we thought "coast is clear" for a summer vacation.  Then things started going the other way and we had to do some thinking before finally decided to go. 

Disney has mask policy on all indoor shops and rides.  They have CM monitoring guests to remind them to put on the masks.  On the haunted mansion ride, in the middle of the clam shell buggy ride portion, actually heard a CM over the PA system to remind someone to put on the mask inside the ride.  So they are monitoring the rides even if it's a dark ride and people think they can cheat the mask system.

(Editing: As I am on more Disney email newsletter than I can count, just saw this WDW update in my email in box.  This goes into effect today. There are so many policies/changes, it's hard to keep up)

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/08/18/news-disney-world-updates-mask-rules-for-outdoor-rides-and-more/

Edited by harryfat1
Updated Info
  • Like 2

For the Disney fans reading this thread, they announced yesterday a new fastpass system. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/disney-genie-paid-fastpass/

My initial knee jerk reaction is not favorable as they are trying to extract more money from the guests. But I guess I will reserve judgment until they roll out the policy in the Fall and see what others say about it.

• Like 3