Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our Kroger’s has a program that gives discounts.  When you check out you give them your number and you get a discount.  They later use this info to send you coupons in the mail based on previous purchases.

I also get up to a dollar off per gallon of gas with Kroger discount 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our Kroger’s has a program that gives discounts.  When you check out you give them your number and you get a discount.  They later use this info to send you coupons in the mail based on previous purchases.

Publix has digital coupons that automatically apply.  I love it!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love those coupons, exactly what I need.  Best is a free bottle of Simply Lemonade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

When I lived in Westchester people considered it upstate 

I considered where I grew up and lived until I was 18 years old upstate. 4 hours Northwest of NYC. If anyone asked where I was from I'd would always start out by saying, New York state. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I considered where I grew up and lived until I was 18 years old upstate. 4 hours Northwest of NYC. If anyone asked where I was from I'd would always start out by saying, New York state. 

When we moved to Tappan in Rockland County, people said we were moving up to the mountains, meaning the Catskills which were quite a distance away.  Tappan is just 15 mins. from the GW Bridge.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have a wall phone in the kitchen

We had one on the kitchen wall.  We did away with land line several years ago.  Now we have a picture covering the the phone plug in.  Several months after we got rid of it we would glacé over there to see if we had any messages.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hi All.  On the Oasis and loving every minute!!!! All went well, checkin was a breeze, on the ship by noon.  Enough people around and everyone following the rules. Enjoying half priced drinks🍾

I am putting on some pictures but I think they are upside down so turn your devices around….🤪5CA49D83-B8B1-4F73-995D-78EB49DE1CE9.thumb.jpeg.df9038fd036b3ffd79f6bce6bee1e1b2.jpeg1997BB0D9-11E2-4FA1-BF29-BBFDDBA82457.thumb.jpeg.e953ba5cf1f64263fb5f587f709cf5d8.jpegFFA9002A-1BC0-408B-851F-7DAF668FD77B.thumb.jpeg.72f22c868d7050e54fc5c9bcccc0a7a4.jpegFFA9002A-1BC0-408B-851F-7DAF668FD77B.thumb.jpeg.72f22c868d7050e54fc5c9bcccc0a7a4.jpeg

Wonderful news and pictures even upside down ones.  Continue to enjoy and have smooth sails.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

We were all ready to forego the land line when we moved south, however we found out with our security system younger to have it in place, besides it's covered in our HOA fees.  We have 1 phone with the answering machine we brought with us.  It sits behind a cabinet just in case, couldn't tell you what the number is, have it in cell when I need it.  Did give it to our kids when a hurricane was heading this way in case cell coverage went out.

We lived approx. 35 mins. (car) from the twin towers during 911.  Cell service was down. At that time we and most of our friends and family had land lines and we were able to communicate.  We keep our land line, in part,  because, for me, the audio is clearer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Having been born and raised in nyc I always consider anything north of the Bronx upstate , my wife raised in the Buffalo area disagrees she considers Buffalo area western New York State.

Defining what exactly is upstate NY is difficult.  What we should all be able to agree on though is that there is only one NFL team in the state of NY. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That's nice they do that.     My food store has digital coupons that are updated weekly so that's nice since actual paper coupons seem to be disappearing but I miss the days of double and triple coupons and seeing that big reduction at the end of the order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Defining what exactly is upstate NY is difficult.  What we should all be able to agree on though is that there is only one NFL team in the state of NY. 😉

When are the pretend NFL teams going to be referred to as the NJ Jets and Giants ?

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived approx. 35 mins. (car) from the twin towers during 911.  Cell service was down. At that time we and most of our friends and family had land lines and we were able to communicate.  We keep our land line, in part,  because, for me, the audio is clearer.

I do remember that, DH worked 2 blocks from the trade center, fortunately he had a scheduled meeting in NJ that day.  My office phone was ringing off the hook with everyone trying to reach him by his cell that couldn't checking to see if I knew anything.  Especially with the fact we don't pay extra it is nice to have the land line.  We did take it out of our PA house since we never used it and saved the cost.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of flats.  We noticed a tire going low. We noticed a roofing nail in it probably from the roofing replacement we had.  Fixed it yesterday.

Now, slow leaking tires I have had!!  Many times, due to a nail or bent/pitted rims. Would keep a roll of quarters in the car in order to put air in the tires every 10-14 days. Would check the tire pressure regularly (this was before cars came equipped with those new-fangled low tire pressure warning lights in the dash). I would fix/replace the tire eventually before it became a problem.

So, taking proper care of driving equipment goes a long way to minimizing flats. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1