Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just did the zipline, now I am forced to drink vodka!

Forced?? 😄😉

Will you do shots if going down the slide?

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Garage build update. 

AKA. As someone posted. MAN CAVE. 

But. Really. I think these last few months the DH did a good job of putting clutter in garage. And for weeks upon weeks kept telling me how a new garage would alleviate and give us more room.  Plus we could store the GTO’s safely back there. 
Well. It is happening. 
Today digging, putting cement blocks down. Cement truck doing what cement trucks do. 
Dropping  cement. 
Now like a fine wine letting it set before next stage occurs. 

0833BCB0-ACA9-4416-A74F-1BE5CBC67CA1.jpeg

72F1D728-BDEC-48AF-B963-1A18AFB10F87.jpeg

294E8AAA-2C8C-47C0-B951-E7D9D25A2800.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Forced?? 😄😉

I was once forced to drink an entire bottle of vodka.I was an a BYOB office Christmas party and assigned to bring Vodka supposedly something that the majority of people liked.This was a new job and I was not aware of their preferences.It was sort of a joke because nobody actually liked it.

I was so expletive deleted that I drank the entire bottle on my way home 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder what the cross street is supposed to be .Do you have any idea ?

Good question.  No idea.  I think the important part is that most New Yorkers don't really care what's west of the Hudson, other than maybe New Jersey.  I'm surprised that Utah somehow made it's way into the cartoon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It’s my iPad.  You had to be here for QR scanning debacle!  I finally got it though.  Room Steward just shook his head.  He is actually the best one we have ever had.

I'm sure the Room Steward would be shaking his/her head if I was trying to do a QR scan!!

So glad you are on the Oasis, and sharing your pictures with us!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good question.  No idea.  I think the important part is that most New Yorkers don't really care what's west of the Hudson, other than maybe New Jersey.  I'm surprised that Utah somehow made it's way into the cartoon.

One of my daughters and her husband have an apartment on 57 between 9 and 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I decided to honor LJ’s memory by planting a couple of trees in Israel.

Thank you for that. A very nice gesture. 💐 I assume you've received a certificate.

Being half desert, we don't have many trees and this project of planting trees is very honored here, and taken seriously.

I've also donated trees in the memory of my maternal grandpa who perished in a camp, and in the memory of my much loved uncle, who was childless. DS2 also has been given this uncle's name, as a middle one, which is not usual here.

Simion.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The 5 boroughs make up NYC.  Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.  Just sayin....

A friend of mine used to love in Forest Hills, Queens. She insisted she lived in the suburbs of "The City".

Although, driving thru Forest Hills, it is more suburban than some of the actual suburbs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Maybe being the key word. Usually only if they had family living there or would weekend at the shore or AC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Packing up for the long trip back home to TX. Lots of tears already. Hard to say good-bye to my munchkins.

I hope this worked because it took almost forever to try and get the picture in here.

IMG_6820.jpg

Your grandchildren are adorable.  What a sweet picture!  Safe travels tomorrow, Bonnie and Jack!

Speaking of newspapers, we have had only digital for several years.  Can do without all the extra paper to dispose of.  The only time we get a hard copy is if there is something significant about the family.  

We also get a digital edition of the paper from where we grew up.  I had to smile when I saw the story about the stone skipping contest last weekend.  I didn’t know they had people who were considered professional stone skippers!  Nor did I know that Guinness had stone skipping records. 

That is the type of news in small town America. 🇺🇸 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just heard that Charles Watt, Rolling Stones Drummer has passed away at 80 yrs. old    RIP

Very modest and a solid drummer who will be greatly missed. Most people don't know that he was a really great jazz drummer.

• Like 6

Part 2 of my day. 

After feeding the fish and gulls, we hiked a little trail.  Granddaughter wanted to take the role as trail guide. 

8C3B867E-E90E-4DDF-B452-FCD68D04582D.thumb.jpeg.6e2bb5dd943a250d7d3cb7a7a313a0b1.jpeg

Everyone was able to follow her lead. 

2D8DDA32-55DF-4C95-8038-63E55AC46CAD.thumb.jpeg.822ff3eb92d3dc071d4c80686333359c.jpeg

Beautiful views along the way. 

2A307714-7094-414D-9FA0-26D12C6422E1.thumb.jpeg.33a9373593be86427d4516b0d443c44b.jpeg

Then off to part 3. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of my daughters and her husband have an apartment on 57 between 9 and 10.

My daughter Judy lived on 56th and 6th Avenue when she was first married.  They were there until our grandson Jack was one years old.

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today bought bread/ butter sweet corn from farm. 50 ears. 
Quick boil 5 min

Ice bath

Double wrap Saran and freezer bag. 
Place  in freezer 

Enjoy all winter 

662EF6E0-19ED-4DE7-8927-A5A6B164ADC0.jpeg

20802995-AD69-4F6C-9AB0-16F47011A6CD.jpeg

398D6DA8-6ECD-4D4F-8341-8E3577C1DF4C.jpeg

0C426E07-2D90-441C-94C4-F47D375B3633.jpeg

Very ambitious, Sue!  I love corn on the cob...who doesn't?  Your husband must be on Cloud 9 since the work for his garage(s) has begun.😉

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My daughter Judy lived on 56th and 6th Avenue when she was first married.  They were there until our grandson Jack was one years old.

You mentioned a daughter who worked for a radio station.My oldest daughter worked for a cable tv show back in the 90’s.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 1