Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

A friend of mine used to love in Forest Hills, Queens. She insisted she lived in the suburbs of "The City".

Although, driving thru Forest Hills, it is more suburban than some of the actual suburbs.

Forest Hills has a section that is considered to be the most exclusive in Queens,Forest Hills Gardens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Today bought bread/ butter sweet corn from farm. 50 ears. 
Quick boil 5 min

Ice bath

Double wrap Saran and freezer bag. 
Place  in freezer 

Enjoy all winter 

I wish we had room in our freezer to store a bunch of corn like that! :classic_biggrin: Although probably not corn from this year. I think it was because of the drought/water shortage. Most of the corn we had this year had small crunchy kernels, not large and juicy as it is most years. :classic_sad: We will have to subsist on Green Giant frozen cobettes this winter. :classic_sad:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Very modest and a solid drummer who will be greatly missed. Most people don't know that he was a really great jazz drummer.

There is an online listing of the supposed 150 greatest drummers of all time .They have Watts as 49.Ron Bushy did not make the list which shocked me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Forest Hills has a section that is considered to be the most exclusive in Queens,Forest Hills Gardens.

Quite possible that is the area I'm thinking of.  A lot of older, Tudor style homes selling for a million $$+

Whenever I hear Forest Hills, I think of when the West Side Tennis Club hosted the US Open tennis tournament.  I recently learned that the old Forest Hills Stadium also hosted many concerts and is still used as a concert venue.  Would be interesting to see a concert there, given its history.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Whenever I hear Forest Hills, I think of when the West Side Tennis Club hosted the US Open tennis tournament.  I recently learned that the old Forest Hills Stadium also hosted many concerts and is still used as a concert venue.  Would be interesting to see a concert there, given its history.

Forest Hills Stadium had great concerts in the 1960’s,everyone from Barbra Streisand to The Rolling Stones .

Tickets could be as high as $6.50 .I still have my stubs.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I saw Zac Brown Band there around 6 or 8 years ago. Great acoustics, not a bad seat in the house. Concession stands were food trucks parked outside but they had every imaginable  cruisine & craft brew under the sun. Highly recommend. We'd said we'd go back some day but never did. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I saw Zac Brown Band there around 6 or 8 years ago. Great acoustics, not a bad seat in the house. Concession stands were food trucks parked outside but they had every imaginable  cruisine & craft brew under the sun. Highly recommend. We'd said we'd go back some day but never did. 

I have not been there since the 60’s.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is an online listing of the supposed 150 greatest drummers of all time .They have Watts as 49.Ron Bushy did not make the list which shocked me.

I hate lists like that. It’s too subjective. You can’t really compare drummers against drummers. They are artists with their own creativity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Packing up for the long trip back home to TX. Lots of tears already. Hard to say good-bye to my munchkins.

I hope this worked because it took almost forever to try and get the picture in here.

IMG_6820.jpg

These two are adorable! Love those smiles. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never had an accident while driving.The closest was when teenagers in a car attempted to force me off a road.

Speaking of close accidents… June 2019 we were in Kentucky on our way to a wedding in Ohio.  Don’t remember the highway(I think I-71) but after topping a hill we were heading down a long hill when suddenly everyone in front of us started hitting their breaks.  My wife was driving.  I remember her looking in the rear view mirror and saying we are going to get hit. Being in the right lane she swerved onto the right shoulder with others.  The SUV directly in front of us and the semi truck behind us served to the left.  The only thing the wife saw when looking in the rear view mirror was the grill of the truck. 

IF I am able to post the picture, we were between the SUV and truck before we went to the right.

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

• Like 4

Packing up for the long trip back home to TX. Lots of tears already. Hard to say good-bye to my munchkins.

I hope this worked because it took almost forever to try and get the picture in here.

IMG_6820.jpg

The pic posted. It can be a challenge.  Great pic.  I bet you had a great time visiting.  I hope you have a safe a good trip back home……. I guess you decided just to move up there……yet.

58 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I love  ZAC Brown 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

IMG_6820.jpg

They’re cuties! I hope you can see them again before too long. 

• Like 1

We lived approx. 35 mins. (car) from the twin towers during 911.  Cell service was down. At that time we and most of our friends and family had land lines and we were able to communicate.  We keep our land line, in part,  because, for me, the audio is clearer.

Last Christmas when the AT&T was bombed in Tennessee it knocked out service in Alabama.  That is when I learned I could make internet calls.

• Like 2

We lived approx. 35 mins. (car) from the twin towers during 911.  Cell service was down. At that time we and most of our friends and family had land lines and we were able to communicate.  We keep our land line, in part,  because, for me, the audio is clearer.

I can hear so much better on our cordless phones than on my iPhone. 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for that. A very nice gesture. 💐 I assume you've received a certificate.

Being half desert, we don't have many trees and this project of planting trees is very honored here, and taken seriously.

I've also donated trees in the memory of my maternal grandpa who perished in a camp, and in the memory of my much loved uncle, who was childless. DS2 also has been given this uncle's name, as a middle one, which is not usual here.

Simion.jpg

I think the organization was the Jewish National Fund. The certificate went to LJ’s widow. She was very surprised and happy to think of the trees growing there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1