Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got up at 4:15 AM like I do most every day.

Such an ungodly hour... I assume you're used to it, but me thinking about getting out and about in the winter, ohhh.

While doing my compulsory army service, I had to wake up by 5 AM. I'm still PTSD 😉

Do u have a long commute to the hospital?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Your wife is an excellent driver. That was one CLOSE CALL....

I used to have to drive a lot with my job. My wife enjoys driving so I have been happy with her driving.  I remember my mom wondered why she did most the driving.  She thought I got a DWI.

Her reaction time was great. It all happened in seconds. A few of us ran to the car that got hit.  We were concerned with the gas leaking out the back.  We had to cut the seat belt off the driver to get her out.

After all had settled down and cars started leaving we noticed the driver behind us was not looking good.  We went to him and he was still gripping the steering wheel read hard and very shook.  We talked with him for awhile and helped him relax.

The state was working on that highway.  It appeared they picked up the warning signs before the were done.  They were picking the last ones up as we drove off.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I tried the canning last year but using the vacuum sealer now.  I discovered the chamber vacuum sealer.  With a chamber vac you can seal liquids.  I hear that is much harder to seal liquids with a foodsaver vac.  One nice thing about sealing in bags is flattening them before freezing.  Then they take up much less space.

I have been going pesto crazy too.  About every 3 days I have more to pick thus another bag of pesto.  It keeps nice in the freezer.  I wait to add cheese until I am ready to eat it.  I have so much I tried it on a bacon and tomato sandwich yesterday.  It was really good.

I found if you cut the basil up thin and chop up the pine nuts before blending the pesto comes out greener because you don’t have to pulse the blender as much.  I also seal the leftovers before putting it in the fridge so it doesn’t contact air and turn dark.

I use a foodsaver vac and yes, you do have to be very careful not to tilt the bag and have spillage but I have a knack of how to hold it (no spills so far...)

Definitely is nice with having flat bags in freezer. 

Yesterday I made turkey wraps with bacon and some homemade pesto I thought they were delicious, everyone at work thought I bought them somewhere and wanted to know the name of the restaurant.   Told them Debbie's Garden Kitchen. 

Now Eggplant and Zucchini I have a bunch more to pick this weekend and really haven't found a good way to freeze them yet.      I tried baking slices of eggplant for a couple of minutes then freezing the baked slices but they were mushy when I defrosted.     do you know how to freeze either of these?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As often that I am seeing FedEx and UPS drive by I am wondering if there is a new station in the neighborhood.  

Yeah , it's located on my front porch.............Only lived here at this house 7 months, but we are all ready on a first name basic,  ☹️

Previous owner must have had a close relation to with UPS and FEDEX, our packages ended up inside our 2 car garage................Turns out the guys had the pass code for both garage doors................Finally figured out what was happening and changed the codes.

Now packages are either on front porch or in front of garage 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

Good afternoon.  

Garage update. 

County inspection agent just left. Attained first approval on build. Once the concrete dries phase 2 will begin. 

Now for. TSOTD. 

I found an old favorite shirt I purchased from Crazy Shirts in HAWAII on our honeymoon. I realize this shirt is now 30 years old. 

Oldie but goodie. 

Front. 
and

Back. 

2980995D-F1B0-42CE-A0DC-475C89BFC4A4.jpeg

20822AD3-3F89-4864-8CFA-308FC8452F22.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 13

13 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Our hotel is just a short walk to the beach area in Lincoln City as we make our way southward along Oregon coast.

20160812_111855_hq.thumb.jpg.44e074e611e8a4ae4f101ed805fc9014.jpg

IMG_1152_hq.thumb.JPG.aaf4400d6218c6edc39d61565472ab27.JPG

Saw a lot of “locals” hanging out at the beach

IMG_5932_hq.thumb.JPG.740f16505fbffecc3cf68856c98f2a58.JPG

IMG_5930_hq.thumb.JPG.ab547d4ac6b3dae4f157f7ffc1b6d34f.JPG

IMG_5923_hq.thumb.JPG.0f147d63e64627004a8d463043603ff9.JPG

IMG_5933_hq.thumb.JPG.47fb1df6d43e65099e644907595476d3.JPG

Going further South along the Oregon coast at Depoe Bay where they claim to be the World’s Smallest Harbor

IMG_1217_hq.thumb.JPG.3337dfdb5b6960ac6093491664c8c576.JPG

IMG_1198_hq.thumb.JPG.b6416da80dfb2cdb723c66d2690ad2e9.JPG

IMG_1210_hq.thumb.JPG.5082ebaefc5980194cc9858facf4993a.JPG

IMG_1220_hq.thumb.JPG.6740ffa7abdce2f718f75acdb528840a.JPG

IMG_5941_hq.thumb.JPG.570ecf34acfcdf81a0377e1d07725516.JPG

IMG_5945_hq.thumb.JPG.551009cd9ce165e30c7330123edc4821.JPG

The boat in bottom photo is getting very close to those rocks.   I guess they know what they are doing but looks a little too close for me. 

I have not ever been north of San Francisco on the pacific coast but after seeing your beautiful photos of the Oregon coast I definitely want to visit this area. 

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The boat in bottom photo is getting very close to those rocks.   I guess they know what they are doing but looks a little too close for me. 

I have not ever been north of San Francisco on the pacific coast but after seeing your beautiful photos of the Oregon coast I definitely want to visit this area. 

Look for a Pacific Coastal Cruise, leaving from either San Diego or San Fran, they have some awesome stops going north. We did a Coastal Cruise on Celebrity, B2B , ended in Vancover and then did Alaska........Look for these B2B Cruises in the month of May when the Alaska Cruise season starts, that is when we did our B2B.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We slept in (haha) until 9 this morning.  Monday my DH had his required covid test for Tuesday’s final cataract surgery.  Of course, we live in a rural area…the surgery was in a town an hour away and even though we have medical covid tests in our town, the surgical center only accepts ones from their town.

Further wrinkle is he was not told until

after the test the time of his surgery.  So as he’s on his way home from Athens he calls to tell me he needs to be at the surgical center at 5:45 am Tuesday morning.  😡😴😳  Hmm.  We’d have to get up at 3 am or so to be there on time.  What kind of doctor can even perform surgery at that hour?!?!

Further complication is he needs to be there at 5:45 am but will be done at 7:45 am…however has to be at a followup appointment that day at noon.  So what am I going to do from 5:45 am till 7:45 am…and what are the two of us going to do from 7:45 till noon in August in the south in the time of covid?!?!

So once he gets home I decide the only sensible thing is for us to drive back an hour to Athens and spend the night.  That way I can drop him off and go back to the hotel and sleep…and after his surgery we can hang out in the hotel until his followup appointment.

Moral of this story is obviously the surgical center is in cahoots with the hotel!

All went well…but glad this was his last cataract surgery!!

I find it odd that his follow up appoint is 4 hours after the procedure.    That doesn't make it easy especially when you have a 1 hour commute to town where doc is located. 

they wanted a covid test a week in advance, seems odd too.   I guess they didn't want to confirm schedule till they had results.    still ridiculous as a lot can happen from now till next tuesday.    

I guess we are seeing more quirks these days.   

Staying in a hotel sounds like a nice little getaway.    Enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Such an ungodly hour... I assume you're used to it, but me thinking about getting out and about in the winter, ohhh.

While doing my compulsory army service, I had to wake up by 5 AM. I'm still PTSD 😉

Do u have a long commute to the hospital?

I live 5 minutes from the hospital. I get up to go to the gym. Need to be done there with enough time to make hospital rounds and then start office hours on time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I hate waking up early , on the other hand my wife wakes up at 4:30 Monday to Friday so she can do a boot camp workout, on the other hand she looks great , me not so much.

😁.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got up at 4:15 AM like I do most every day.

I'm usually 5:30 / 6 am on work days.    I always liked having the quiet house to myself when the boys were young.    I would get a lot done before anyone else woke up.   I sleep in on weekends till 7:30 sometimes 8 am if no big plans for the day.    

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Look for a Pacific Coastal Cruise, leaving from either San Diego or San Fran, they have some awesome stops going north. We did a Coastal Cruise on Celebrity, B2B , ended in Vancover and then did Alaska........Look for these B2B Cruises in the month of May when the Alaska Cruise season starts, that is when we did our B2B.

I think I saw that Serenade is doing a pacific coastal cruise in 2023.     will have to look further into that option as I still haven't done an Alaska cruise yet.    was suppose to this past June.

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@twangster - I just saw your Mardi Gras Bolt video on Twitter.  Was that using your 360 cam?  Very impressive the way that you cleanly "followed" the cars as the circled around you.  Did you try riding it?

I'm pretty sure that is his Insta360 OneX2. He probably can confirm but I'm guessing he did a tracking key frame in the editing.

I'm waffling about getting one for my cruise. it's really cool but I'm worried about the learning curve this soon to my cruise. I may wait but there is no doubt it can do some amazing things.

• Like 1