Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

The best baby gift we ever got for our daughter was from my bestie 3rd grade friend, a book called "The Parents Book". Unlike traditional baby books (which I had anyway) that chronicles baby's first step, first word, growth, etc., this Parent Book chronicles parents lives.  So, in it, our daughter can read all about our lives, what we loved to do as youngsters, fave songs, hobbies, school stuff, when and where her dad and I met, our favorite dates, our engagement, our hopes, dreams, our experiences of being new parents, our pride in even her smallest accomplishments, etc.  Pictures included!  I gave it to her years ago and hope she has it in a special place in her home.

I bought one years ago for my grandmother called " A grandmother remembers" and it sound just like your book. My grandmother loved to write and it took her about a year to fill in the entire book along with about 20 yellow legal sheets of paper! I gave one to my mom too but hers wasn't as detailed. I still love reading them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

🙀 And perhaps they could sense I needed the comfort more.  These two years have been Shakespearean for me…death, tragedy, betrayal, abandonment…sigh.  The girls really saved my life.  It’s amazing how a purr and a snuggle will cheer me up.

So sorry to read what "annus horribilis" you went through.

So glad "the girls" had such a positive impact on your sanity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

@dani negreanu.

Wow Dani. 1 million views of your wonderful thread.

I have to assume that there are many who read this thread, but chose not to post....

Otherwise, hard to explain this huge number of views 😲

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am not surprised you were shocked Lenny as that was totally unexpected especially after you and your boss had just come back from a business trip.

Graham.

@lenquixote66

+ 10 to all the other "superlatives" "accorded" to your a$#& former boss....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The best baby gift we ever got for our daughter was from my bestie 3rd grade friend, a book called "The Parents Book".

What a wonderful gift and idea.

Since I had both sons in Belgium, and the Belgians not so keen on kids (I remember the Mother Superior of the Catholic day care they went to, telling me: "I don't understand you Israelis having 3-4 kids".... "we [as in Belgians] have one dog and sometime -- one kid, in that order"], there were not many gifts like that to be had.

Mind you, the day care was close to the Israeli Embassy,  representing 90% of her "customers"....

On my own "initiative", I'm keeping a journal of DS2's quips, who has a very dry wit. I have at least 20 A4 pages with them.

For example, a few weeks into his [compulsory] army service, I've asked [always the curious...] if they receive any newspapers to read in the meager free time [year 2000].

His reply: "yes, momsy, along with a 5 o'clock tea and scones"....😁😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Ugg...still cleaning stuff out of the land yacht.  Trying to limit the project to 2 hours a day...or risk losing my sanity.  😮  

Not so hard taking it out...but what to do with all the stuff!  😲  Since we are not simply transferring to a new land yacht (as we did previously) and are not buying a new condo/house...the stuff has to either find room (assimilate) into our small house, or bring to SPCA thrift shop (my little SUV already packed to the gills for a trip), or more runs to the dumpster. 

Time for happy hour.  Start again tomorrow.  

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have to assume that there are many who read this thread, but chose not to post....

@lenquixote66

+ 10 to all the other "superlatives" "accorded" to your a$#& former boss....

Hi Dani.

I believe everytime you,me and our regular posters click on your thread it counts as a view.

Nonetheless there must still be a lot of people who read but never contribute.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Since I had both sons in Belgium, and the Belgians not so keen on kids (I remember the Mother Superior of the Catholic day care they went to, telling me: "I don't understand you Israelis having 3-4 kids".... "we [as in Belgians] have one dog and sometime -- one kid, in that order"], there were not many gifts like that to be had.

Mind you, the day care was close to the Israeli Embassy,  representing 90% of her "customers"....

If that were true, wouldn't you run out Belgians after a while.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

On my own "initiative", I'm keeping a journal of DS2's quips, who has a very dry wit. I have at least 20 A4 pages with them.

I will never forget my son Ian, who was 5, saying that octopi strangled their prey with their testicles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

What a strange thing for that Mother Superior to say, and quite presumptious of her🤐

What a great idea to keep a journal of your son's quips.  One of my daughters said I should write about the life I've lived for our grandchildren..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I will never forget my son Ian, who was 5, saying that octopi strangled their prey with their testicles.

My 3rd/4th grade special ed students used to love when the school Principal would visit our class.    We were studying about sea life, and yes, also about octopi.  One of the boys stood up and  excitedly announced that they were learning all about testicles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My 3rd/4th grade special ed students used to love when the school Principal would visit our class.    We were studying about sea life, and yes, also about octopi.  One of the boys stood up and  excitedly announced that they were learning all about testicles.

Do you remember when Alan Funt interviewed 5 year old kids on TV ?

For those older ,Art Linkletter asking similiar questions 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

More new kitty pics. She seems to like us, but she and other kitty Milo aren’t too thrilled with each other. 😂 It will take time.

B3FD4F1A-B5CE-4C3E-8BAC-13C53ED17EC2.jpeg

CF346C11-0781-4C8E-A15A-749C3DFCBF41.jpeg

7D70D726-176D-407F-8C7C-B71C9F211489.jpeg

As it says across your fireplace, I'm sure she is "THANKFUL" to be a part of your loving family. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@lenquixote66

I went on the Odyssey  the beginning  of October and did not look at this forum for a couple  of weeks. I have just caught  up today so I  was definitely  contributing  to the views as anytime  I had a even a couple  of  minutes  free I was checking  the posts. This is such a friendly group . 

Mary

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

One year my daughter was scandalized when we ran out of candy and I had to resort to giving out small boxes of raisins.  

Was she wearing a Devil costume while doing this?  Only seems appropriate.😉😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

What a wonderful gift and idea.

That surprises me. The Catholic church typically wants us to turn out as many kids as possible... you know... future revenue sources.

Before anyone jumps all over me I'm just joking about my own religion... sort of.😯😇

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

When we first had the house built, most of our neighbors would gather on my driveway and enjoy the show while handing  out candy with our little fire pit and some really good cocktails. Now all of our kids are grown so we don't do it anymore. Kind of sad. I miss those days.

O.K., What am I missing here ? ? ? ?  Where in the rule book does it says you have to have kids around ? ? ?

If you  still have a driveway, fire pit, neighbors and some really good cocktails, I say "Go for it"! ! !

Just another way to continue the start your retirement. 😅 🤣  😂 🥃

• Like 5