Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

And @singinalot--I'm right there with you! DD17 is not like her older brother was at that age! Super stressful and feel like I'm flying blind most of the time. I love reading about members here with kids in their 20's and 30's and keep thinking "It must get better, It must get better!"

I have a small sample size, only having one daughter, but it really does get better. My boys weren’t a real problem, but my daughter…oh, my! 

I told myself every day “You are the adult and she is a teenager” and said that I loved her even when it was difficult to do so! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

You posted just as I was typing the question.

English Riviera??? Please educate me, Sue.

@sgmn

NTOT -- English Riviera -- New thing of today (actually the 2nd one, after the Riviera car @OnTheJourney)

The warmest of welcomes awaits you on the English Riviera, South Devon's beautiful coastline. Surrounded by stunning coast and countryside, Torbay, including TorquayBabbacombeCockington, Paignton and Brixham offer fantastic year round holidays....

Sue, just yesterday we saw one of the episodes of Drew Pritchard (Salvage Hunters), and he was "hunting" on the Isle of Wight. It seems that those isles and places bordering the English Channel have a very nice mild climate.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

We don't use it either, though my sister loves it. 

We enjoy, and use, the walking track just after breakfast.  The one on the promenade deck (lifeboats).   Prefer that to the way too busy upper deck jogging track.  (Too many people walking, running, and loungers pulled out too far).  

Get a kick out of stopping occasionally to watch the birds diving for flying fish too.  

When I was physically able I did 15 miles every morning and the same in the afternoon on the walk track

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I walk every morning on the track (weather permitting) and I walk for 1.5 hours starting NLT 6:00 AM and done NLT 7:30 AM. I find those times are good for avoiding slow pokes, those that don't use track etiquette and loungers. I like walking and watching the sun come up and have the track mostly to myself. Peaceful. By the time I'm done walking is when the track gets busier. If the weather is bad then I hit the gym and use the upright bikes( I prefer spinners but they are locked up and held for classes. I have my own spinner at home but it's too heavy to lug with me 😁) and the treadmill.  

I do 60 minutes a day on the upright bikes at home or on cruises.At 6:30 AM there are not many people using the bikes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I use a CPAP, and the ones the hospital supplies are bulky. Plus I noticed last time they charged Medicare for teaching me how to use it!

Didn’t sleep last night so I’m going to take a short nap to get me through the rest of the preparations for the hospital. 

Crazy what hospitals will charge you for.  I hope you get some sleep tonight, Mimi!   Just think, by tomorrow at this time, the operation will be over, and your healing will have begun!🙏🙏❤️

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana.  Hope all goes well with you and Jim's annual physical today💐

Thank you, Debbie.  It's actually next Monday...the calendar is so full of appointments, sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going.  On another note, Jim's been happily driving the car for the past 3 days now.  Also, great news about "Mighty" Kennedy...he is finally out of NICU and his parents have been told that he may be going home, for the very first time in his life, next month!!  Thank you all for your prayers for this little fellow!

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Commit me now. Just put down deposit on world cruise. 🤣🤣🛳🌐

WTG John and Laura!!

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sue.

Hotel Vincci Aleysa Benalmadena.

Graham.

IMG-20211108-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0004.jpg

IMG_20211106_143226.jpg

Beautiful hotel!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Very impressive. I didn't even have a party. Like my aunt is fond of saying, "it's just another day!". My mom just had her 99th. 

I had a wonderful 5th.birthday.It was on a beach all all my friends were given a choice of a Dixie cup or a Sundae.

I had a surprise party for my 50th.birthday.Followed by a two week vacation in the Canadian Rockies .

A family cruise for my 70th birthday and a party for my 75th.No other celebrations for birthdays.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

You posted just as I was typing the question.

English Riviera??? Please educate me, Sue.

It's a part of the south west coast of England that has been nicknamed the English Riviera because of its (relatively) warm weather and holiday vibe .

Think some Agatha Christie books were set here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torbay

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you.
I’m packing my carryon for Dick to bring later. I use a CPAP, and the ones the hospital supplies are bulky. Plus I noticed last time they charged Medicare for teaching me how to use it!

Didn’t sleep last night so I’m going to take a short nap to get me through the rest of the preparations for the hospital. 

I am sure your CPAP is cleaner than the ones used in hospitals.I have one as well and I have always been told that.

53 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Very impressive. I didn't even have a party. Like my aunt is fond of saying, "it's just another day!". My mom just had her 99th. 

My 65th was during the third wave of covid. We had yet another 'do not mix' 'stay at home' order . My son went for a walk with me (allowed under the rules), and when I got home my DIL had produced an amazing home made afternoon tea with cakes, scones and savouries, along with a bottle of champagne and given hubby strict instructions how to display it and set it out.  

I was totally blown away 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 12

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Followed by a two week vacation in the Canadian Rockies .

Ah...that's way up on my bucket list. I keep putting it off since it really needs to be done during the summer months. Once I retired from teaching, I sort of seriously planned on not traveling during the swimming season unless truly necessary. 

Having not set foot in a restaurant since June - and no current plans to do so - it was a treat to get take-out food each night during our recent 12-day road trip. Once we see the new cases start to consistently drop in our area, we will likely begin venturing back out to eat.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hotel Vincci Aleysa Benalmadena.

Just today we received a promotion from our VISA card -- 15% less on selected dates, week-days only, until November 30, in one of the leading chain hotels, Dan [hotels].

We said, "why not", let's do a night in Cesarea, which is one hour drive from home.

I got the promo code, and went "to work".... I couldn't find even one night available.

But that's not what makes me angry -- what makes me angry is the price of the cheapest room, after the 15% ... It is 1560 NIS, incl b'fast.

Out of curiosity, I've priced 3 (as in three) nights at Graham's hotel... 2030 NIS, incl b'fast !!!! And it's a 5* star hotel, the best in Benalmadena.

Free cancellation on both hotels.

😠 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

NTOT -- English Riviera -- New thing of today (actually the 2nd one, after the Riviera car @OnTheJourney)

Sue, just yesterday we saw one of the episodes of Drew Pritchard (Salvage Hunters), and he was "hunting" on the Isle of Wight. It seems that those isles and places bordering the English Channel have a very nice mild climate.

IoW is just off the south coast. I've posted a few pictures from our favourite day out beach, Bournemouth,  from where you can see the IoW. It's famous for yachting.

Bournemouth is about 80 miles from us  A bit further along the coast is Poole which has some of the most expensive houses in the UK

• Like 3