Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

To many stop's sounds like it could become a job. I think for us it would become like hey we got to get out on each and every port to make sure we see and do something at each port. Way to exhausting to enjoy I believe and to really enjoy all those ports you will be spending a ton of more money on things besides just the cost of the cruisefare.

Just think there would be a time where we just said we Just have to get off this ship and go home and if that happened just not worth taking a chance.

Rather do a bunch of regular cruises to different places for 2 weeks or so at a time.

I guess we're just different. Who knew.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I have a small sample size, only having one daughter, but it really does get better. My boys weren’t a real problem, but my daughter…oh, my! 

I told myself every day “You are the adult and she is a teenager” and said that I loved her even when it was difficult to do so! 

My mom believed I should have been locked up somewhere between about 14 and 18. :classic_biggrin: I don't think I was thaaat bad. :classic_rolleyes: But it was a difficult time. We eventually grow out of it. :classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Almost time to hit the hot tub tonight, no wind and much milder tonight compared to last couple nights !!

Isn’t that a nice feeling?   I have been in ours almost every night since ours was delivered.  

Those nights in the 20’s made for a cold dash between the house and tub.  

Tonight, I was gazing up at all the leaves that will soon cover the area. 

48322098-3628-421F-BA89-70DC94FD1071.thumb.jpeg.91014120fe23e159f3be5e09fae08a76.jpeg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone seen the series on Netflix? It's called "YOU".  My wife and I have been watching, so far we have watched 2 seasons, about to start watching Season 3. Also just heard they have been signed up for a 4th season.

Interesting watch !  Can't stop watching it.

No, I havent seen it but will have to check it out.  

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My wife bought this like stone you put in a regular oven and crank up the heat to 500 degrees, cooks great only takes about 8 or 10 minutes to cook.

Almost time to hit the hot tub tonight, no wind and much milder tonight compared to last couple nights !!

I have had a stone for many years now.  I love it!   

Today was beautiful here and tomorrow will be even warmer.  Enjoy the hot tub🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

I would rather Uber than rent when possible, last time we rented recently in Denver , waited on line then they told us to go to this spot, no car there , then went back they told us another one to take , battery was dead, third time was the charm.

Uber or a shuttle for going from point to point but not on a road trip or a vacation where a car is a must. That would be a weird trip using Uber. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thnx, I'm still trying to figure out where we're going🤣🤣

Wonderful!!!  I hope wherever you go, you take us along if only virtually.

So many wonderful ports of call and plenty of sea days in between to relax and rejuvenate.

I hope you and Laura get to visit Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.  To me, Tel Aviv is the heart of Israel and Jerusalem, its soul.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone seen the series on Netflix? It's called "YOU".  My wife and I have been watching, so far we have watched 2 seasons, about to start watching Season 3. Also just heard they have been signed up for a 4th season.

Interesting watch !  Can't stop watching it.

Yes,I have watched all three seasons.Season 4 will come out in 2022.It is different from any show that has been on TV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mo&fran said:

A rental with an owners manual?  I have never seen that before.

Hertz told me people steal them. I suggested they at least have a list of the most common functions. 
I was stuck in NOLA when no one knew how to open a rental Ford gas tank. 
Finally someone came for gas, saw the crowd around the car and came over to see what was happening. 
It was my lucky day, because his mother had the same model. 
The gas tank latch was in the trunk!!!

Hertz could have saved me the hassle by printing a sheet of paper with that type of info. 

• Like 3

OK, guys. I’ll be back after the surgery and have my brain and eyes coordinated. 
I did my 3 phase  shower, and then the wipes, which have made me itch all over. I’m scared but hopeful, and appreciate all of the kind words you havesent me. 
Love you all, Mimi

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jagsfan said:

OK, guys. I’ll be back after the surgery and have my brain and eyes coordinated. 
I did my 3 phase  shower, and then the wipes, which have made me itch all over. I’m scared but hopeful, and appreciate all of the kind words you havesent me. 
Love you all, Mimi

Don't be scared. You are going to be rid of this thing.🙂

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Homemade Pizza tonight for dinner. ( Cheese Steak Pizza)

A little red sauce, onions, green peppers, hot peppers, steak and garlic butter, extra sharp cheddar cheese and Mozzarella  and a little bit of Olive Oil.

It would have looked a little better, but didn't put enough cornmeal on the paddle before putting it on the stone.

Had to have my wife help me slide it off onto another paddle before putting it into the oven.

Never the less it sure did taste good.( lost some of it's shape on the paddle swap.)

My wife made a Greek pizza. Never got a picture of that one though.

20211108_180852.jpg

Wow, I have been behind and saw this.  Funny thing is I just pulled one out!  I haven’t made on in a couple months.

2FE0C459-F060-4185-A033-1877810B0DE2.jpeg

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Uber or a shuttle for going from point to point but not on a road trip or a vacation where a car is a must. That would be a weird trip using Uber. 😁

We have never done a road trip 😁, we fly just about everywhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric almost forgot he had an eye doc appt this afternoon.   I was sure I said something about it the other day.

I can’t believe a DH would forget something his DW reminds him he needs to do.   Who would do that?  🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sad there isn't more detail, or at least a snazzy logo

2010398169_bookingdaycountdown.thumb.jpg.4781e84700392034b53949a0359b7695.jpg

Royal_Caribbean_World_Cruise.thumb.jpg.b16af6cca29ed54a25c9af8194f0dd1b.jpg

I think I just got my answer.  I saw the the above breakdown and started to share with Sharon so she paused the tv.  I read to her where each quarter sail was going and how long it would be.  Then I asked her which one sound the best.  She smiled at me then unpaused the tv.   😂 I don’t think she is ready to be away from grandkids that long.  Maybe 3 weeks but 3 months is a no go.  
This is going to be a great cruise.  I hope you choose to share it with us!  

• Like 5