Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

We celebrated Christmas Day a couple of days ago

I remember you've mentioned that you'll celebrate on the 21st. I thought may be it's a Canadian "thing", like Thanksgiving. Still intrigued I've googled "Canada Christmas 21st December" ... nothing. Only 25th.

So I've asked a cruise friend in Montreal. Still 25th.

Any reason you've celebrated "early" ?😕

29 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Can you share the recipe for the lobster mac and cheese ? My two favorites !  Thank you.

Joyeux Noël ! 

Yes I will when I get back home tonight. It’s a combination of Capital Grills recipe and Hal Hancock Lobster Company’s recipe that beat Bobby Flay. It’s pretty tasty.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a gorgeous sunny day yesterday.  32c with a pleasant sea breeze.  Had a lovely lunch on the outside deck of my dads place of prawns (so many prawns), turkey, lots of salad, cheesecake, pavlova with German beers.

Here is our little Aussie Christmas corner.  Hubby hasn’t worked out how to hang Wombat in the Snow photo yet as it’s very heavy.

6C423C4A-AE0F-4CA4-8303-FF5C8309F73A.jpeg

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a gorgeous sunny day yesterday.  32c with a pleasant sea breeze.  Had a lovely lunch on the outside deck of my dads place of prawns (so many prawns), turkey, lots of salad, cheesecake, pavlova with German beers.

Here is our little Aussie Christmas corner.  Hubby hasn’t worked out how to hang Wombat in the Snow photo yet as it’s very heavy.

6C423C4A-AE0F-4CA4-8303-FF5C8309F73A.jpeg

Very Pretty! I LOVE the wombat in the snow print! Is it a Charles Davis photo? It is gorgeous. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Ornaments - interesting mix from me & my kids.  I have 3 cruise ship ornaments, quite a few travel ornaments. The free pharmacy ornament from Nashville and the ice hockey mascot ornaments are from my daughter and some from my son (hope one doesn’t cause offence) and pet photo ornaments from our two rescue dogs that have crossed the rainbow bridge.

CA5703AA-A49A-435F-B455-022D66DCAC72.jpeg

0F346D75-531A-4B54-9E6D-83BDC37F548E.jpeg

7CFE9EF0-6199-48D1-BDF2-469D0C67FC3E.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ornaments - interesting mix from me & my kids.  I have 3 cruise ship ornaments, quite a few travel ornaments. The free pharmacy ornament from Nashville and the ice hockey mascot ornaments are from my daughter and some from my son (hope one doesn’t cause offence) and pet photo ornaments from our two rescue dogs that have crossed the rainbow bridge.

What a beautiful tree. The only thing I see offensive is Gritty on the tree.

Edit: if you knew Gritty you’d get the joke  😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOOO all those wonderful Christmas tree/decorations.  Like Dani said "a feast for the eyes".  Please continue to post, maybe a photo of your favorite tree ornament and why it's so special.

Healing prayers to all impacted with covid.

My favorite are these little pink mittens attached by a ribbon.  My father bought them for me while we were in a craft store/ homestead/ farm. He was in his 80s at the time. Sweet.

20211225_210014.thumb.jpg.b12d07c7de4010da1666468acc0e962e.jpg

• Like 12

Prime Rib Tonight

500 degrees 30 minutes in oven, then turn oven off and leave Prime Rib Roast in for 2 additional hours, with oven off and do not open the door until the 2 hours is up.

It was really good!

Resized_20211225_182337.jpeg

Resized_20211225_182328.jpeg

Resized_20211225_182342.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember you've mentioned that you'll celebrate on the 21st. I thought may be it's a Canadian "thing", like Thanksgiving. Still intrigued I've googled "Canada Christmas 21st December" ... nothing. Only 25th.

So I've asked a cruise friend in Montreal. Still 25th.

Any reason you've celebrated "early" ?😕

The reason was that my daughter and one of my sons wanted to also celebrate with their partners’ families. We had no reason to stick to the 25th, so we had Christmas early. It worked out well.

I’m sorry to confuse you! Chris and I never had to juggle celebrations because we are both the children of immigrants, so there wasn’t any conflict. Our kids’ partners want to share Christmas with their families.  Unfortunately, Regina- Ontario- New York aren’t terribly close geographically, so we’re making it work!

Actual Christmas can’t change, but the family traditions can- whether we have the turkey on one day or another doesn’t matter, so long as we’re together. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Boxing Day tradition in our house is the males watch the Test on the tv and the females hit the Boxing Day sales.  Quietest I have ever seen it at the sales today.  No doubt a lot of shoppers concerned about the new variant and not wanting to spend 3+ hours queueing up for a Covid test as many Sydneysiders had to do in the last couple of days.

CA14EA04-1682-4E55-8027-827A5633A4F6.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Boxing Day tradition in our house is the males watch the Test on the tv and the females hit the Boxing Day sales.  Quietest I have ever seen it at the sales today.  No doubt a lot of shoppers concerned about the new variant and not wanting to spend 3+ hours queueing up for a Covid test as many Sydneysiders had to do in the last couple of days.

CA14EA04-1682-4E55-8027-827A5633A4F6.jpeg

What is that guy doing?

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

CA5703AA-A49A-435F-B455-022D66DCAC72.jpeg

0F346D75-531A-4B54-9E6D-83BDC37F548E.jpeg

7CFE9EF0-6199-48D1-BDF2-469D0C67FC3E.jpeg

Which Hal ship is the ornament?