Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

we have closed on our condo

Mazel Tov !!

Curious, John, now that you're "after" and only what you'll like to share -- where there many buyers? did it sell more than asking price? nobody on your condo exercised "right of refusal"? did the buyers buy it for themselves, or as an investment? 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Busy day in the Sea Dog household. Pick up puppy number 2, Elizabeth’s brother Charley and then I have surgeon consultation about my knee replacement with a doctor that uses a robotic assist knee replacement. I starting to wonder if I’m crazy getting a knee replacement with two new puppies? Linda says we will adapt, but I’m starting to feel guilty about getting it done. Should make it still easy to do this.0ECB217F-4128-4172-8031-D9DA043079AD.thumb.jpeg.a8ec8723bd6a8fb40df55f62a4e973d5.jpeg

I can’t snuggle like that with my Charlie🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love this idea!    That would be so much fun!

I woke up this morning to discover that Eric woke up earlier than me today (unusual) and discovered he started to tear apart the closet in spare bedroom bringing out his cruise wear and what he wanted to take to dry cleaners, what he wanted to pack, what he didn't think fit, etc. etc.    He had a whole pot of coffee before I woke up around 6:45 am and that bedroom looked like it!

He's full steam ahead for our cruise on Jan 9th.    He keeps saying I don't care where I go but I'm going!

Yayyy Eric!!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mazel Tov !!

Curious, John, now that you're "after" and only what you'll like to share -- where there many buyers? did it sell more than asking price? nobody on your condo exercised "right of refusal"? did the buyers buy it for themselves, or as an investment? 😁

One of my cousins just sold there Brooklyn condo for 1.65 million, I am sure that was a nice profit. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Posted on Bella thread, but we have closed on our condo. Not as many beach or rocket pics in my future. Sorry.

I was "searching" for you. Found you on the Bella thread and read about the condo closing. Congratulations! Baby Felix is adorable! Belle is adorable! Proud Mama of Belle and Grandma of Baby Felix looks lovely! Christmas pictures are lovely!
Thoughts on the 1/9 Harmony cruise?  I was getting paranoid after reading all the stuff. DH threatened to ban me on cruise critic!  So my new mantra is : We are going if Royal Caribbean is going and if all is good with the tests. 🙏Ohmm 🙏

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny asked for New years eve stories......so here is mine. Short and sweet...(literally!)

My daugter was born on New years eve.

My daughter was due to arrive on New Year's eve, everyone told me how lucky I would be to get that little tax deduction.  She showed up when she was good and ready, 9 days later.  She will be 30 soon, can't believe how quickly time flew by!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have a cruise early February.  I have the toiletries spread all over the bed so I need to get back to organizing what stays and what goes.  I am going to look at my clothing spreadsheet from the last time we cruised.  Everything is probably out of style by now, we skipped our cruise in 2019 to go to the Netherlands.  Normally I would have everything planned out starting this weekend but it is really hard to get excited knowing that once again, for the third time, my plans could go up in smoke. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Dogs assiciate things by sense of smell. I am very sure they recognize each other's scent.

My male Lab was visited by his mother when he was five months old.  He started to hump her!!  I said “Jake!  That’s your mother!!”  My husband said “He doesn’t care.”  I wondered if he didn’t know…

Our shelter spays cats at three months old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

My male Lab was visited by his mother when he was five months old.  He started to hump her!!  I said “Jake!  That’s your mother!!”  My husband said “He doesn’t care.”  I wondered if he didn’t know…

I don't think dogs live by the same social norms and morals that we do. Let's face it, they lick themselves in certain places with no thought as to who is watching.😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

47 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My previous cat Splashes had a litter of 3 when she was very young.  My parents raised one of her kittens.   We used to cat sit when my parents traveled I dont think Splashes remembered that was her son.  It would always take her a couple of days to warm up to him staying with us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Mazel Tov !!

Toda.

Lots of outside interest, but no one wanted to assume lease, including the buyers, but they relented.  Full price contract with 1.5% credit for closing costs

First Right wasn't exercised due to sales price😉  It is by far highest price in over 10 years from what I can tell. 

I think the buyers bought for personal use. 

No idea yet what my profit is, but with no debt, we got a big chunk of money. Will know more once I work out capital gain and taxes. Would have done better if we hadn't rented it is my guess. Water under the bridge. 

We definitely over remodeled it, but we did it to our taste. Fortunate to get all that back

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

As 2021 is about to wrap up, I thought tonight might be the perfect night to share my Theme Song for 2022 with all of you.  

I have never had one before, but after 2020 and 2021 is now time for one.  If you want to adopt it and join me, by all means make it yours too. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you “Next Year”, by Macklemore.  There are multiple versions on YouTube but this is my favourite.  

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I converted the video to mp4 and hoping it will be viewable for all.

OMG, this is spectacular.  I bet the cat was sitting on the highest object in the room, if not in the furthest away room in the house. 😄

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My previous cat Splashes had a litter of 3 when she was very young.  My parents raised one of her kittens.   We used to cat sit when my parents traveled I dont think Splashes remembered that was her son.  It would always take her a couple of days to warm up to him staying with us.

Not all parents are happy when their adult children move back in…

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

My daughter was due to arrive on New Year's eve, everyone told me how lucky I would be to get that little tax deduction.  She showed up when she was good and ready, 9 days later.  She will be 30 soon, can't believe how quickly time flew by!

Mine was suppossed to arrive Feb 25, but she just wanted to get out!

• Like 5