Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My first date with my future wife was a sporting event followed by apple pie and coffee at a local restaurant.

Our first date was at a scuba club meeting at the local swimming pool.  He belonged to the club and use to help out with training and I said I always wanted to try scuba. He said to come along . I bought a new swimsuit and waterproof mascara 😍 and we all went out for a curry afterwards 

We got married nine months later 

Never did finish my training though 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The lego fan has completed his Christmas gift. Has working parts.  Love the variety of things that can be built with lego these days.

B3D5FB00-6C6B-471F-9212-8F9A6FFF1FBC.jpeg

Amazing.

Last time we were in Orlando Florida there was an amazing Lego store in Disney Springs.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sgmnthat is a cool first date. I’ve never been scuba diving.

I love the sea, snorkeling and swimming so thought I would love scuba but I couldn't get the hang of clearing my mask underwater. From what I remember you have to kinda lift the bottom of the mask, take in a breath of air and breathe out from your nose, the air then pushes any water in your mask out and you are theoretical left with a clear mask. If I couldn't manage it in a pool then no way could I do it several meters down in the cold English Channel 😅 

This was 35 years ago and I'm sure things have moved on equipment wise now. I still love snorkeling though

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

This is an example of what I asked not too long ago.  Is there a way to delete the whole reply box so you need not post an unnecessary response? It's happened to me more than once.

Place the curser below the box then tap the backspace button twice.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our itinerary has changed, but we were notified a couple days before sailing.  We were supposed to go to Coco Cay, San Juan, and St. Martin this week.  Nassau got substituted for San Juan. 

There have been a couple hiccups so far.  We did have the balloon ride scheduled for Coco Cay, but that has been canceled due to operational issues.  Since we were on early, I managed to book shows on the app, but then none of them were showing up on people’s calendar and the entertainment showed as greyed out and told everyone to go to guest services to book.  That made for huge lines there all day. 

I had booked the early theatre show, and we had no problem getting checked in for the show. 

They should let people book shows on line pre cruise like we used to be able to do to avoid people being in lines.

• Like 1

We had another glorious 35C (95f) day today.  Went to the beach.  Left husband to swim in the unusually warm water 24C (75F) while I went for a scenic walk up to the nearby headland hoping to watch the paragliders but they were packing up just as I arrived.  Instead I watched a guy having a lot of fun with his model plane  doing loops off the edge of the cliff.

Meanwhile, daughter was further  up the coast paddleboarding.  Afterwards, having worked an appetite they headed to their favourite vegan cafe.  Grabbed a nice table outside, only to have the waiter race over to them and say “sorry girls, we have to shut immediately.  The Chef has just tested positive”.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should let people book shows on line pre cruise like we used to be able to do to avoid people being in lines.

I agree, but with performers going in and out of quarantine, they never know what shows will go from one week to the next.  Ice show doesn’t start again this cruise till day 7. 

• Like 5

Up early this morning, and already logged 5 miles on the track.  We arrived at CocoCay around 4 am.  Vision was docked with us to either supply the island or swap crew.  They left around 7 to make room for Odyssey.  

E004A4E7-DAE3-4F70-BC8D-B147D1B662AC.thumb.jpeg.b31577b7e41310bd71dbd05414ce80aa.jpeg

Sunrise this morning. 

54B4F088-1F5C-4F68-B50D-82987978B67E.thumb.jpeg.c667b2811ecfe9d1ba357fc9e7c2525d.jpeg

CocoCay all ashore at 8. 

65832F79-E6F3-48EC-9B62-3ED6E5C0C7E2.thumb.jpeg.2187f7417fda668d1e8e09b4abf0b30e.jpeg

Solarium Bistro for breakfast.  We like it because very few people come here. 

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Been an interesting day here.  My DH woke up feeling sluggish and said he had cold and hot spells part of the night and than towards morning woke up really sweating. 

I go we have those extra bianax (sp) COVID test went don’t you do one. 

So he mossies upstairs mumbling under his breath and sets up his phone and gets thru to a proctor right away. I quickly exit and wait for the news.  20 min later he comes down with the wand and shows to me.  I go. “ your pregnant “.  Well it kinda looks that way.  Yup he’s positive. 

So he calls the phone a nurse for his company and he will go in at 8 am Monday for an official test. But. He is now off. 

He got really frustrated earlier in the day. But this evening is just relaxing. 

He did have all his moderna vaccinations and boosters. And I do too. 

His symptoms these last two days 

low grade fever. 99.5 was highest 

achy

Upset stomach  but no nausea or vomiting. 

chills /hot flashes

lethargy. 
he could still smell. 
mild dry cough 

Hope he recover quickly before the kids come back from there honey moon late Saturday. 

Updates to follow. 

But I did enclose a picture of the grand pups guarding the sick one. 

Keep us in your prayers. 

0DBF1AAD-6218-4CA3-9995-19ADB40E0783.jpeg

Crummy way to start the year, but way better than over the last two weeks. 
I hope your DH has already had the worst of it. 
And that you don’t get it!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

Did she ever mention how her child was doing?  All I ever read was that her child had a fever but nothing else.  

If I remember correctly she said her Daughter had a scratchy throat but was doing fine.

What I found interesting was she complained about the red infectious waste trash bags in hallway and kept commenting about corridor door opening and closing alot....what was she doing hanging out in hallway to check things out.   She said was going into hallway to take photos of trash bags.   Quarantine means stay in your cabin. other than open door to get room service or place your trash outside.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Jimbo

She is on TV tonight at 10 pm. WESH network. I was reading her posts. My first thought was which idiot takes a 7 year old on a cruise under current circumstances. But whatever. It happened. I hope the kid is doing OK.

Also check out tiktok for Anthem parties and Harmony and other quarantine details.

It was the 2nd story, followed an Orange County shooting. Pretty much nothing. She seemed calmer on the phone than from her keyboard😉

I didn't get a chance to share my thoughts, the thread locked about 5 minutes after the piece ended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It seemed to me that all she was complaining about was herself.  She hardly mentioned her daughter who I hope is doing well. I would not want to be in her position with such uncertainty and with a sick child.  That covid area sounds dreadful.  I think RCI did not expect such a large amount of passengers getting positive results.  I wonder what the final positive count was for that cruise.

My take away is I have no idea if her estimation of 300+ passengers is correct. It surely didn't look that full from the photo I saw. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How far into the program is this article? I can't find a way to fast forward through it.

it was on about 8:33am to 8::38

Right after the pop up tent vaccination story

Edited by Jimbo

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just saw it, she really didn't have much to say at all.

They probably didn't film all she has to say to them , only a 5 minute piece. Says  the News Channel contacted Royal, but no one has got back to them yet to respond. and how many were really infected on that sailing.

I'm sure the CDC will be following up with Royal to find out exactly what was going on

Hall way was bad, no way it should look like that. Items should be picked up more regularly, since this was a Quarantine area.

Edited by Jimbo

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Interestingly, prior to her cruise on a thread that I think was delete, she would become livid with anyone who suggested that everyone on the ship should be vaccinated or anyone who would bring an non vaxxed kid on a cruise at this time should have second thoughts about it.

My eyes just rolled down to the kitchen!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our first date was at a scuba club meeting at the local swimming pool.  He belonged to the club and use to help out with training and I said I always wanted to try scuba. He said to come along . I bought a new swimsuit and waterproof mascara 😍 and we all went out for a curry afterwards 

We got married nine months later 

Never did finish my training though 

Sue,

I love your How We Met storey!

New swimsuit and waterproof mascara made it for me!😁 topped with curry!

• Like 4