Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Samantha slept most of the night.  She has had a good breakfast and her pain meds.  Her incision looks great.  Now if only today the Dr. will say yes to doing another operation on my Kubota.  He has a tumor that was operated on once before.  It has grown back.  The Dr. said that if he operated it would just grow back faster.  We thought Kubota would go downhill and we would make the decision.  However, it has been a long time and he is still his same Bo Bo self.  So I made an appointment for today to reevaluate a surgery option.  

What was the tissue diagnosis after the first operation?

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

What was the tissue diagnosis after the first operation?

I know he mentioned spindle cells.  The problem is it was very close to the bone (it is on his hip).  To me though it seems to be growing out and not in to where it is bothering his walking etc.   

• Like 1

Good morning from Costs Maya.  It is sunny and 78° for our day here. 

86573C94-84EF-433F-A83F-B258DA1314C2.thumb.jpeg.600a00d3cc42aa4a8410e157f5d6eea1.jpeg

NCL Breakaway is in port with us. 

609BACDC-2D8D-45CD-95A1-D8E872CF4C29.thumb.jpeg.8125dd2cf39d4c907609421cf7f5263d.jpeg

First day I didn’t make it up for sunrise.  My daughter says we are to get 9” of snow at home this weekend.   I much prefer these views. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning from Costs Maya.  It is sunny and 78° for our day.

Your day is a lot better than Allure's day at Coco Cay. They have a 30+ mph wind, temps in the 60's, waves breaking over the pier, and passengers not allowed off of the ship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I'll wander out to the main Royal board and see what's happening.  Haven't been there in a while.  Wish me luck.

Let us know how it goes. With the exception of reading 2 or 3 "live" cruise reviews early on at the restart of cruising, I've avoided the main boards and have just stuck with the 2 social threads: this one & Bella.  Mostly because I do not see a cruise anytime in my near (or not-so-near) future so I just can't relate. And while I do enjoy a "spirited debate" from time to time (or as some may call it, Dancing in the Minefields) as it can provide some entertainment value, that is not much of a priority lately either.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I'll wander out to the main Royal board and see what's happening.  Haven't been there in a while.  Wish me luck.

Battlefield. Good Luck! 😁 Wear a safety helmet if you are wanting to ask a question.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@HBE4

I was wanting to ask how your wife is, please, if it is not too much to answer. Hugs for you.

No worries, thank you for asking and thank you for the hugs💜. Unfortunately  there has not been much improvement is her overall  condition and options are beginning to dwindle. There are still a few more things to try but they fall into the "it's a long shot" category.   Still, I have vowed to leave no stone un-turned and will explore every avenue there is, even if it leads to a dead-end, I'll take it to the very end.

• Like 27

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Let us know how it goes. With the exception of reading 2 or 3 "live" cruise reviews early on at the restart of cruising, I've avoided the main boards and have just stuck with the 2 social threads: this one & Bella.  Mostly because I do not see a cruise anytime in my near (or not-so-near) future so I just can't relate. And while I do enjoy a "spirited debate" from time to time (or as some may call it, Dancing in the Minefields) as it can provide some entertainment value, that is not much of a priority lately either.

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Battlefield. Good Luck! 😁 Wear a safety helmet if you are wanting to ask a question.

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

An unobserved recce is fine, but keep your head down!

They’re like rabid wolves out there!

If nothing else, it’s definitely entertaining! 
I’m strictly a lurker there and only comment here and Bella’s thread where it’s safe.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So, all this robotic surgery...

Is someone managing the controls or is the robot on auto?

(I'm envisioning the robotic drink maker in the lounge that has minimal success.)

There’s a man behind the curtain controlling it. 
No, wait! That’s the Wizard of Oz!

Seriously, robotic surgery is supposed to be superior to human hands. I’m way behind the times, as my November surgery was my very first laparoscopic!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No worries, thank you for asking and thank you for the hugs💜. Unfortunately  there has not been much improvement is her overall  condition and options are beginning to dwindle. There are still a few more things to try but they fall into the "it's a long shot" category.   Still, I have vowed to leave no stone un-turned and will explore every avenue there is, even if it leads to a dead-end, I'll take it to the very end.

❤️❤️

• Thanks 1

So more weird Covid test results.  I mentioned SIL tested positive using a home test on 1/2. He went for PCR on 1/3 and got his positive result late on 1/4.  The almost 3 yo granddaughter started showing symptoms on 1/4, PCR tested the next day. Results took 5 or 6 days and were negative, although she continued with symptoms of runny nose, cough, on & off fever. My daughter also started with symptoms around 1/4 - congestion, sore throat and fatigue.  She did a home test and was negative.  Baby had no symptoms.  On Thursday 1/13 the 3 who had symptoms did another round of home tests ( I honestly don’t know how they’re getting them!) - all were negative.  Understandable that my SIL would be negative by that point.  We just can’t understand how this “highly contagious” illness wasn’t picked up by the rest of them. 
Then this morning, the almost 3 y/o spiked a fever again after being fever free for almost 2 days. Pediatrician suggested she be seen at Hasbro Children’s Hospital since the fever was still going on for 10 days.  Off to the ED they go, ran bloodwork & another PCR. The diagnosis- ear infection.  Good news is the bloodwork will show if she has antibodies.  And if neither of them had Covid last week I hope they didn’t get it  at the hospital!  

• Like 10

I may have missed the Amazing Race discussion and am too lazy to scroll back to look for it.  Hopefully I'm not ruining anything for those that did not watch it so, if you didn't watch it, read no further.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the 9 remaining teams, only 5 returned after the 19 month break. However, at least 2 teams of "familiar faces" joined for a total of 7 teams.  I think.

Any speculation as to the 2 teams? Maybe the 2 teams that were eliminated earlier?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I may have missed the Amazing Race discussion and am too lazy to scroll back to look for it.  Hopefully I'm not ruining anything for those that did not watch it so, if you didn't watch it, read no further.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the 9 remaining teams, only 5 returned after the 19 month break. However, at least 2 teams of "familiar faces" joined for a total of 7 teams.  I think.

Any speculation as to the 2 teams? Maybe the 2 teams that were eliminated earlier?

Very little discussion prior.  I agree with your numbers, 9 teams got the news of the postponement of the race and only 5 of those are shown when they meet Phil in Switzerland.  When the race starts, you can see it is now 7 teams.  I agree that it is the two eliminated teams, would make sense.  I am surprised at a couple of the teams that don't come back though, life must have gotten in the way or something.  Will have to see what they say on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Very little discussion prior.  I agree with your numbers, 9 teams got the news of the postponement of the race and only 5 of those are shown when they meet Phil in Switzerland.  When the race starts, you can see it is now 7 teams.  I agree that it is the two eliminated teams, would make sense.  I am surprised at a couple of the teams that don't come back though, life must have gotten in the way or something.  Will have to see what they say on Wednesday.

It does seem that 2 of my favorite teams did not come back. As you said, I guess life got in the way.  But if father/daughter do make a return, that will make me happy as I have a soft-spot in my heart for them. For reasons that I hope are obvious.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Time for lunch, anyone hungry? Homemade Pizza

I am !! I am !!  The peperoni, please 😁 

@Momof3gurlz

I've "reported" here last week that we didn't get to see the grandsons, since GS1 was having on and off light fever. All the family tested negative. The "rule" here is that kids cannot return to the kindergarten until they have 24 hours fever-free. The parents waited even another day, to be on the "safe side", given that the "on and off" lasted almost a week.

Went back Tuesday, only to receive a text later afternoon that both kindergarten teachers are positive, and all the kindergarten enters quarantine. My DS2 and DIL have again to split "duty", one day he and one day - she.

And then the GS mild fever came back. DS2 decided to take him to the doctor, since he already tested negative after being at the kindergarten. The doctor swiped his card and said: "but he should be in quarantine !!" Until DS2 explained that GS is not sick, only on preventive quarantine.

The diagnosis - ear infection....

Second WE without the grandsons, and the weather is bleak. We can't even walk the beach 😢

• Like 14

So my daughter tested negative today, she has been positive for 8 days and finally tested neagtive. So another negative test tomorrow and she can be back at school on monday yay.

On the flip side i tested positive today so now have to isolate till 23 jan. Although can test on day 6+ and release early from isolation if i have two neg tests 24 hrs apart. 

Feel fine just a slight cold, but i have been tripple jabbed

• Like 4

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dogall the best for your op.  Hope the fur babies are on the improve with their toilet training

Thank you. Charlie is struggling with potty training. He doesn’t completely empty his bladder when outside so he will come inside and 3 minutes later potty on the floor. Thank god for tile and wood flooring. Lizzy doing much better. See the following post for a fun video of Lizzy.

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

@aussielozzie18

@Sea Dog  When is your next cruise ?  How much time before you will be fully able to walk pain free ?  

Next cruise is in September followed by October. Hoping to mainly be pain free by then except for my other left knee which I will have done after our Bella cruise in March of 2023.

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So, all this robotic surgery...

Is someone managing the controls or is the robot on auto?

(I'm envisioning the robotic drink maker in the lounge that has minimal success.)

I’m not sure but I assume someone is. I will have a CT scan of my knee where everything will be mapped out and fed into the computer. The robot will assist in the surgery and based on the precise measurements from the CT scan perform certain tasks. The results are more precision and less evasive leading to less pain and faster recovery.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Samantha slept most of the night.  She has had a good breakfast and her pain meds.  Her incision looks great.  Now if only today the Dr. will say yes to doing another operation on my Kubota.  He has a tumor that was operated on once before.  It has grown back.  The Dr. said that if he operated it would just grow back faster.  We thought Kubota would go downhill and we would make the decision.  However, it has been a long time and he is still his same Bo Bo self.  So I made an appointment for today to reevaluate a surgery option.  

I hope Samantha feels better. Wishing good thoughts for Kuboto and reevaluation.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I expect it to be the two that were eliminated. 
I did see something that actually named the current teams. Where that person got the info is iffy. 
I’ll wait impatiently for Wednesday night. Another reason to hate the 9pm starting time. 

• Like 1

Puppy update

So the puppies are doing good. Charlie is having a hard time with potty training as what we are finding out that is typical for boys. He hasn’t learned to empty his bladder when outside and comes inside and puddles inside. Lizzy is doing good. We are getting them to sleep 4-5 hours at night before having to go outside. This weekend we are getting snow and will be real cold so it will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Charlie loves to nap on top of the couch.

5CCFC329-5F63-4E91-8CD2-2B00A0E77224.thumb.jpeg.09f5a0cd930492a51a41a481ac69f4ac.jpeg

Lizzy is still a cuddle buddy 

85F3ECFC-95C8-49AE-A244-8798C9C142D1.thumb.jpeg.28ac9b894c2e2e5e7d08f480ae153a38.jpeg

on a funny note Lizzy is getting more vocal. She saw her own shadow in the glass doors of the fireplace and preceded to growl and bark at herself here is the video:

As challenging as the potty training is they are so enjoyable and loving. They make us laugh and give us a tremendous amount of love and joy.

• Like 22
  • Haha 3