Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

51 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Thank you for sharing your post op update. 

Welcome back.  

Now to the matter at hand. 

Today the pain meds will be your best friend. 

Now tomorrow. They could become your worst enemy. 

So speaking of cocktails.  Not the Colada but:

Tomorrow you need to consume the surgical cocktail so that things move along gently. 

So in addition to a very hot cup of coffee. You need to shoot an eight ounce glass of prune  juice. 
Many say not me. 
But when nature does not call. You will have wished you did. 

In addition take what ever they have prescribed to aide your business. 

On a lighter note. 
Rest up

Do your exercises 

Take naps. This is a major stress. 

Think about cruising and finally meet your CC. Family. 

Take care. 

A doe thank you to you as I truly feel I have two doctors taking  care of me. Dr. Ting and you. Your advice will be followed. Oxy really working now. All fuzzy and peaceful. The song “Rocky Mountain High” is in my head.

• Like 10

Making progress. I’ve already been up a walked a little bit with the walker. Having trouble getting the bladder and prostrate to work.

B61B53F7-E6D2-463B-901B-FC651D063472.thumb.jpeg.168df6965a6d86d56bcfd328cb786b10.jpeg

Watching good friend and coworker anchor the news and texting me in real-time during the video packages. Kris had the same surgeon and surgery as me a couple of months ago.

D74C9D09-59D8-4A55-9A6C-147102867940.thumb.jpeg.2b43641032405e3bf63591ea3c037a08.jpeg

1F1E222D-6247-4967-92EF-AC3FAB7CFF91.thumb.jpeg.88fd5e46c127bc38e0fde2e7807eaad2.jpeg

Not quit Chops dinner was like Thanksgiving. Turkey. Dressing , mashed potatoes and Mac-n-cheese.

OxyContin really kicking in now. My head is warm and fuzzy. Somehow the song “Rocky Mountain High “ is stuck in my head.

I wish I could respond to everyone but I get pretty tired fast. All of you are so special. I promise to celebrate each and everyone when I see you one a cruise with me.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Give those cats a rub for me. That is, if they’ll allow it. 

Sure will, they are very friendly. They will sit there all day and let you pet them.

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

That's so lovely that she found a loving home with you and your wife .

35 years ago we had a cat who got bitten by another cat and developed cat aids. Poor thing never recovered and we had to have her put down 

Yes, that is probably what happened to this one too.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Your Lucy looks like my Diana.

25B24BF1-B7CA-4031-AB4F-31DD06626040.thumb.jpeg.a243181980280d133ba95684202bf7c8.jpeg

Yup , just like Lucy except her' markings is on the left side of her nose and yours is on the right side of her nose. Amazing animals.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

And @Jimbo. It is FIV, Feline Immunodeficiency Virus. Kitties get FIV, people get HIV. :classic_smile:

You are correct, I always get that mixed up, Gracie has FIV, not HIV. 😞

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

A doe thank you to you as I truly feel I have two doctors taking  care of me. Dr. Ting and you. Your advice will be followed. Oxy really working now. All fuzzy and peaceful. The song “Rocky Mountain High” is in my head.

Sounds like you should have a nice sleep.  Happy Dreams😍   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

This is a cautionary tale of untreated head trauma.  

'Full House' alum Bob Saget's cause of death revealed

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bob-saget-cause-of-death

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

I just read this on another news site and thought about posting  it for @lenquixote66.

So glad you did it first. 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is National Pizza Day .I just found this out.

Coincidentally,  my dinner for tonight. 

Not sure how people feel about frozen pizza, but I think this is one of the better ones. And 3 pies for $10 seemed like a good deal.

A little heavy on the sodium tho & this coming from a guy that would put salt on a chocolate donut.😄

20220209_214536.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1644460239318.jpg.dcbc47d27a50e3d90558488659db7533.jpg

When we come back from our walk, Oliver will sit by the front door until I take the leash off, then as soon as I open the door he runs into the kitchen and sits and waits by the cookie jar where I keep his treats.  He will sit there and patiently wait  for me to get him his treat.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Damn it. We already ate. To late to go out as I've showered and now wearing my jammies. 

Bill was just suggesting we have a pizza delivered on Super Bowl Sunday. I kind of rolled my eyes. Us and 2,000 other people that had the same idea. I think we will just have a frozen pizza as well. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Coralc said:

Bill was just suggesting we have a pizza delivered on Super Bowl Sunday. I kind of rolled my eyes. Us and 2,000 other people that had the same idea. I think we will just have a frozen pizza as well. :classic_biggrin:

I'm looking to get some wings somewhere for the game............guess it might be best to order early and pick them up around 1pm before, cause no way I'm going out after 3pm when game is on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like you should have a nice sleep.  Happy Dreams😍   

Probably will just get some naps in between nurse calls getting vitals and pain meds every 3 hours.

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is the narcotics. They are notorious for causing this issue.

That’s what they said. Nurse said I was in the bathroom for 30 minutes just trying to pee. 
Lol 😆 I know everyone wants to hear about my bladder. I’m turning this into cruise review. Oxy sometimes makes me feel like the room is moving like a ship 🛳. 

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1644460239318.jpg.dcbc47d27a50e3d90558488659db7533.jpg

So true. Pups did great on their own in a new larger crate we got for them. Linda says they miss me. I think it’s more of they miss me handing them treats.

72127A9A-D1EA-4EC1-800D-65D7452BDAB6.thumb.jpeg.e477bd50b416a9a74020a7549afba1c9.jpeg

• Like 23

Tax question for Florida members here?

Do you file state income tax forms living in Florida?

Reason I ask is my Wife works from home for a company that is based in Florida. We know we don't file in Virginia, but does she have to file a Florida return................she does have Florida income tax taken out of her check every week?( Should the company she works for be taking out income tax out of her checks?)

Anybody know how that works, Living in Virginia, working for a company in Florida?

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm looking to get some wings somewhere for the game............guess it might be best to order early and pick them up around 1pm before, cause no way I'm going out after 3pm when game is on.

That's a good idea too! We can pick up some wings and celery tomorrow, and I have sauce and cooking bags. :classic_biggrin: I like ours just as much as restaurant ones. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Well, I can recommend Red Baron or any rising crust pizza.

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here but for free I'd put on a pair of pants.

For free, I'll go out in my jammies and get it. I mean, if college kids can do that, why can't I?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have an airfryer, wings are easy.  The biggest challenge is finding wings in your stores now.  Wings come with three sections you cut off the end of the wing at the joint.  Cut the drummy from the two bone section, trim as much fat and skin as you can, and cook them in the airfryer,  then coat them in sauce and finish in the oven.  Super yummy better than takeout.  Easy.  

• Like 3