Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg in April.  Does anyone have any tips or must sees for that area.  We like to take short hikes, maybe atv rides, moonshine, anything nature, country music.  Not too much into crowds, theme parks rides, urban areas.  

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

I had a kid kick the back of my seat the whole flight on my last trip. I turned around and addressed issue with mom. She said since he is a kid she couldn’t control him. Seriously wanted to slap the Mom.

Hope your trip gets better.

I'm a very calm person but her response would have probably pushed me over the edge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg in April.  Does anyone have any tips or must sees for that area.  We like to take short hikes, maybe atv rides, moonshine, anything nature, country music.  Not too much into crowds, theme parks rides, urban areas.  

http://www.wearsvalleyziplines.com/

https://smokymountainziplines.com/

https://dpstampede.com/pigeon-forge

Been looking in this same area around Pigeon Forge, Tennessee which isn't far from us in Virginia...about 3 hours.

It's also only about 10 miles from Gatlinburg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

.  We stopped at a tiki bar, and they must have thought I ordered a light and calm, instead of a dark and stormy.  

EB41D273-B72F-467A-B123-322A32E3C766.thumb.jpeg.0bc8f3aa1f2af1bbc93ad7e727ec7d22.jpeg

Haven’t decided if I should do a “live” for Allure.  Everyone’s attention will probably be on the new kid on the block (Wonder), and twangster’s review with 360 camera views. 

At least it is 70° here this morning, instead of 14° back home.  And my son wondered why we came down early!!🤣🤣

love a dark and stormy. If you do a live review I will read it even with all the others but I think it’s fine with just posting some pics and thoughts here. Do what you feel like. I hope you and Susan have a blast.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Greg, these are the ones I have, and I swear by them.  When I flip the switch, it blocks out everything for me, except what is streaming from my iPad.  

D9D9F18E-9C81-4E0C-A25B-963A3CC28F4F.thumb.jpeg.6130ac5492f3046e999b4184e6430ffe.jpeg

The Sleep Buds are just that they don’t enclose the ear like those do. I may need to invest in a pair. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It's been years since we've been there, but I remember the Aquarium of the Smokies being good.  Doesn't exactly fit your criteria though and it's right in the middle of the touristy area.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's been years since we've been there, but I remember the Aquarium of the Smokies being good.  Doesn't exactly fit your criteria though and it's right in the middle of the touristy area.

It sounds great.  I don't mind touristy areas for a little bit and there can be some fun things to do in them.  We just don't want to spend everyday shoulder to shoulder with other people.  For instance I can do Universal for 2 days max and then I need downtime.  I can go to Disney Springs for a meal and looking around but not for all day. When we went to South Dakota we spent one day wandering around downtown Deadwood and the rest of the time on scenic drives/short hikes.  We went on a cruise out of New Jersey and spent 2 days seeing the sites in New York.  By the end of the second day I was super happy to be in Central Park and done with the cement, buildings and people.

• Like 2

Ok packing update, packing cubes are not magic. Had to sacrifice a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts.

So I can not spill anything on me and with my carpal tunnel in both hands …

I am afraid to see if suitcase closes, it’s a hard shell so no over packing allowed.

The struggle continues..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, I renewed it online but that still gives the 60 day timeframe.  I printed the renewal confirmation so I have that for driving if I don’t get it before the expiration date.  Nothing was stated about a new photo so I’m guessing they just re-use the one on file.  

If I remember correctly, when I renewed online a few years ago, my on file photo was used.  In person a few days ago, my photo was taken.  I'm sure each state has their own guidelines.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@h20skibum

Have a safe trip, and looking forward to sailing in May with you.

Save a few drinks for us.

Safe travels.

And POST LIVE!!!!!!

We love the Alllure.

Glad that Allure will be moving to Galveston this November but prices are way up for suites , got a much better deal with brand new celebrity beyond out of Florida for end of November. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had that same pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones.  They worked really, really well...until something happened to the cable.  I wasn't very careful when coiling up the cable to put it in the case and I think I damaged it.  I could jiggle it at the end that plugs into the headset and sound would come and go.  At the time, replacement cables were ridiculously expensive.  Be careful with your cable!

I have had mine for a few years and love them on planes.  I think mine may be a newer version.  It’s rechargeable (I don’t remember a need for a battery) and I can connect to my iPad by Bluetooth.  I have the option to connect by wire.  Was the cord that went bad for charging or listening?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm a very calm person but her response would have probably pushed me over the edge.

I think I yelled at her, not sure I blocked it out lol. Now with my spine issues, I am flying first class and only have my seat in the row.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Pick up a tourist map just about anywhere.

Get maps and info from 

tnvacations.com   

Gatlinburg has one or two moonshine distilleries with tastings like in a winery. 
I like all the flavors except butterscotch. 

We always do the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. It’s one way and nobody’s in a rush. Plenty of places to stop and look. 
You need to look at the map for the beginning so you don’t get on in the middle. It runs from and back to the middle of Gatlinburg. 
Pigeon Forge is very close to Gatlinburg, with lots of shows and some wineries. 

F3C15B4B-91B1-439C-8F91-4200F5EAA326.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So finished packing. OMG the struggle was real.
I hope I have enough clothes, I lit. don’t have any more room.

DD scolded me for not taking a checked bag, but if that bag was lost I would have issues replacing my clothes.

I have never done carry on for 10 days, wouldn’t recommend it.

At this point if I forgot something I really don’t care lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Pick up a tourist map just about anywhere.

Gatlinburg has one or two moonshine distilleries with tastings like in a winery. 
I like all the flavors except butterscotch. 

We always do the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail. It’s one way and nobody’s in a rush. Plenty of places to stop and look. 
You need to look at the map for the beginning so you don’t get on in the middle. It runs from and back to the middle of Gatlinburg. 
Pigeon Forge is very close to Gatlinburg, with lots of shows and some wineries. 

F3C15B4B-91B1-439C-8F91-4200F5EAA326.jpeg

AAA in the past had Trip Guides, they are bound books with hotels and food places in the city you chose. Not sure if they have them now 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have had mine for a few years and love them on planes.  I think mine may be a newer version.  It’s rechargeable (I don’t remember a need for a battery) and I can connect to my iPad by Bluetooth.  I have the option to connect by wire.  Was the cord that went bad for charging or listening?  

Mine was several years older, before wireless versions were available.  It was not rechargeable and used a AA (possibly AAA??) battery, with a spot in the case to carry a spare.  The cable was for sound but also had a microphone built in which I think is how it knew what external sound was present for it to cancel.  I couldn't therefore just replace it with a generic cable.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I think I yelled at her, not sure I blocked it out lol. Now with my spine issues, I am flying first class and only have my seat in the row.

Flying first class , like cruising in suites is the only way to go ( depending on budget ) once you do it you don’t want to go back, I will sacrifice other things, I don’t care if my car is 12 years old, don’t need to buy new clothes often , but we splurge on vacations. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Flying first class , like cruising in suites is the only way to go ( depending on budget ) once you do it you don’t want to go back, I will sacrifice other things, I don’t care if my car is 12 years old, don’t need to buy new clothes often , but we splurge on vacations. 

I hear you. 

• Like 5