Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today is my awesome grandson Brody's birthday.  14 years old with teen acne and a changing voice.  😲  NJ is so far but he's coming here with his mom in 2 1/2 weeks.  Our birthday gift to him.  Then we fly to NJ in June for his Middle School graduation.  

As Carol King sang " So far away, doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore"....

Here he is with his sister Channing whose 9th birthday is March, 17.  The baby is their new cousin. 

May be an image of 1 person, child, standing, indoor and brick wall

• Like 23

18 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my awesome grandson Brody's birthday.  14 years old with teen acne and a changing voice.  😲  NJ is so far but he's coming here with his mom in 2 1/2 weeks.  Our birthday gift to him.  Then we fly to NJ in June for his Middle School graduation.  

As Carol King sang " So far away, doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore"....

Here he is with his sister Channing whose 9th birthday is March, 17.  The baby is their new cousin. 

Happy Birthday to your grandson & your granddaughter for the 17th.  Such a lovely photo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Such a sweet photo!   HAPPY Birthday to all🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That’s a great pic.  Happy Birthdays.  I am sure you will enjoy the time together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any MacBook Pro users out there?  I have never used an Apple computer or laptop before.  The only Apple product I have/used is my iPad.   I have been reading reviews of the late 2021 model with the M1 pro chip.  Almost every review gives it a 5 star.  My main use for it would be Photoshop and some video editing.  I am not finding a Windows laptop for the tasks that has this great of reviews.  Any input?

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy birthday to your grandson,Bonnie

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy got into the big barn today when I took the tractor out, to hopefully blow the last of this seasons snow. This was me getting her out at before I closed up the barn. 

She is so silly. 😸  How did she manage to get up there?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:12 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Twangster got off Wonder today. He is not cruising this upcoming week as far as I know.

I had trouble posting to CC one day also. I got pretty frustrated from it.

Thanks for the info. I have yet to read his review. With all the issues I was having I even gave up reading CC for the most part.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have had a lovely day and looking forward to a nice dinner tonight for Pauline's 60th birthday.

Graham.

Happy Birthday to Pauline.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy weekend here. We had plans to go out to dinner with our two local daughters/family last night to celebrate my birthday later this month.  They surprised me by having our oldest daughter , SIL and 3 grandsons from PA at the restaurant when we arrived.  We all had dinner at the Matunuck Oyster Bar.  The weather was awful when we left & driving was treacherous so instead of everyone coming back to our house to continue the celebration, we decided to get together this morning.  
AE2AF1C8-49D8-4AB8-AFBE-DC16E79F9D5D.thumb.jpeg.8510a300277ece3fae72687f60b70751.jpeg

Above with my 5 grandchildren

I don’t like the numbers on this cake!

Youngest granddaughter eyeing her first seafood tower.
The aftermath this morning. 

These are the people who mean the world to me. Is there any better way to celebrate?

Happy Birthday. Looks like you had a great time. 🎂 🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

71° this morning with light rain, so our morning walking excursion is delayed.  

Somehow, the hotel breakfast buffet doesn’t have as much variety as WJ.  But it is self serve. 

15B790AE-D4FE-4AE3-A619-524CC92816DF.thumb.jpeg.af2ed7aca8573e3665f06e9d7476b1a8.jpeg

This breakfast looks so yummy!
Can I get there in 15 minutes?😁

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Poor Marco.  He is an amazing Chef and to have to deal with people.   Who asks for spaghetti on a super yacht?

His head must pounding, that wound looks painful.

Me.......only if the other choice is Duck L'Orange.😁

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope they air it on BravoTV.

Even though I have the peacock app I think they will put it on Bravo. I think they are going to see what kind of interest it gets then make it available on Bravo.

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy got into the big barn today when I took the tractor out, to hopefully blow the last of this seasons snow. This was me getting her out at before I closed up the barn. 

I love that cat. So independent. Her ability to jump and her balance is amazing.

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my awesome grandson Brody's birthday.  14 years old with teen acne and a changing voice.  😲

I hope he has a fantastic birthday and I know you will help in that. They grow way too fast.

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Any MacBook Pro users out there?  I have never used an Apple computer or laptop before.  The only Apple product I have/used is my iPad.   I have been reading reviews of the late 2021 model with the M1 pro chip.  Almost every review gives it a 5 star.  My main use for it would be Photoshop and some video editing.  I am not finding a Windows laptop for the tasks that has this great of reviews.  Any input?

I have the 17” MacBook Pro and I love it ( although I’ve always been a big time Mac Guy) and highly recommend you get one. Mines not a M1 but everything I’ve heard is that it is so much faster. Boot up speeds are really fast with a SSD which I recommend. Get the largest  hard drive you can afford. I got a 500gb HD and was amazed how quickly it filled up with programs. Also ram, ram and more ram. You can never have enough. 16gb at the least. Photoshop minimum is 8gb and Lightroom is 12gb. If you can get 24gb that would be ideal. Mac’s do have their hater’s. They are expensive but mine last forever. I think you will like the OS. Please everyone no Mac bashing. I don’t criticize anyone who makes windows there operating system of choice. And I use both. I hope this helps you in your decision.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, we do have a dryer, lastly used 5 years ago. In Israel, it is rare that we have a sequence of many rainy days.

This time I was sure that I "caught" a dry spell between the rains, and my washing was almost dry. Almost.

DH couldn't resist taking a picture of my innovative idea of making sure that his t-shirts and DS1's socks (mommy still does his washing.... and "almost" drying 😉) are completely dry 🤪

PHOTO-2022-03-14-19-20-15.thumb.jpg.0714c5599a5ef374489a749188a0b7ca.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love both of your grandchildren's names!  (You are pretty much describing my grandson Ryan, who will be turning 13 in May.  Awesome, teen acne, and voice changed deeper.)

Happy Birthday wishes to Brody today, and to Channing on Thursday!

How wonderful that Brody and your Jennifer will be visiting you soon.  Great Birthday gift for him, as well as an awesome gift for you, Jack, and Jennifer!!🥰

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DH couldn't resist taking a picture of my innovative idea of making sure that his t-shirts and DS1's socks (mommy still does his washing.... and "almost" drying 😉) are completely dry 🤪

PHOTO-2022-03-14-19-20-15.thumb.jpg.0714c5599a5ef374489a749188a0b7ca.jpg

Have you heard of the saying.."Necessity is the Mother of Invention"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my awesome grandson Brody's birthday. 

Here he is with his sister Channing whose 9th birthday is March, 17. 

Bonnie, we have some common birthdays to celebrate.

It seems that Brody and our Itamar have been born on the same day (March 14th, as well as Albert, the Prince of Monaco...).

Wishing Brody a very happy birthday, as well as an early birthday wishes to Channing, who was born on the same day as Itamar's mommy...

Sending both Brody and Channing some spring flowers, from DH's morning "crop" 😘

_DSC5014.thumb.JPG.5b68b6b13ff4b75b0d7f6c8714369fd5.JPG

_DSC4987.thumb.JPG.bc91ffbc18d87e66172f997e93fc5716.JPG

_DSC4998.thumb.JPG.a14223f6b77620a336f8c2cb214345d7.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am very careful with new things because I react to most everything lol  We all have allergies to medicines, so I try to be careful.  My DH has had an anaphylactic reaction in the past, so I am hyper vigilant.  I am glad it works for you with no reaction though. 🙂 

And you never know when a new allergy will pop up. 
I was asked if I was allergic to sulfa. I said I had taken it twice over the last few years with no problem. 
I wound  up in the hospital covered with hives, face swollen, breathing difficult…3 days to get past the worst. 
I can’t even touch papaya or kiwi fruit. 
Even the skin gives me an anaphylactic reaction. 
If you’re prone to allergies, you get ugly surprises now and then. 
I hope I don’t get one with the Hyland’s products, but thanks to your checking the ingredients, I’ll know to be alert. 

• Like 3