Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you are there for a late night I highly recommend going to West Deck for dinner and sunset.

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I agree with the recommendation of sunset dinner at West Deck!  My DH and I did that on our February Odyssey cruise and it was great.  It is an easy walk or cab ride from the docks.  

59 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Another vote for West Deck.  We walked from the ship and back.  Sunset pic and pretty drink that was just as good as it looked.

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Food was Very Good!   It was still light out when we got there and watched the various people load their water skis or small boats onto their trailers at the beach there    We had a perfect table right along the rail on the deck and sat there for 2+ hours enjoying the view, the food with various appetizers and drinks.    They had live music playing on the little boardwalk there.     

We have been there for lunch too but Definitely recommend the sunset dinner.    Perfect location with great vibe.    We really enjoyed their grouper fingers and mahi mahi appetizers and several other appetizers.

Our last time there was in 2020 and I cannot wait to get back.    

We use an Apple app called Reminders where we can add to various lists for reminders.  I just converted our last October 2 list to October 15.  Y’all convinced us to put West Deck on the list.  We looked up the Lighthouse and it looks nice so we have it on the list too!  Thanks!

I have been skimming over the last few pages, because this has been a busy day for us.  Traveled to meet up with one of Susan’s sisters, then to meet my sister for lunch, then to tend to parents graves.  Now we are getting ready to get the grandkids and take them out to dinner. 

on Curaçao, snorkeling was amazing.  I think I covered some of what we did there and in Aruba on my Live Odyssey thread last October.  We loved the snorkeling so much, we are going back again next month.  

These are a couple pictures from snorkeling. 

650287EF-07AF-4C66-8CCA-81BA907A1719.thumb.jpeg.3af6a874d51379b75990cb1e52dd56d6.jpeg

Who doesn’t love snorkeling with turtles?

CB236475-5FDB-4CE0-88A6-8F0DF800851C.thumb.jpeg.1cd9e04cc7a03ffbf324c6dad67952b6.jpeg

They swim really close to you

37BA4220-53F3-43E2-A2D0-A877C3D40477.thumb.jpeg.5d59ea79400ba8d81f513476261ac335.jpeg

Really close!!!

E0289432-FF26-4747-BFBE-AC71F7825B44.thumb.jpeg.b7198ca2b145b9b62b3e9868e19c3bbd.jpeg

You can even sneak up on these

F3053E7F-738B-42E1-B8A0-87C64211959E.thumb.jpeg.ec8c21450b7c2525f96e507dbb876951.jpeg

• Like 15

4 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Did ours 2 days ago. For the first time in a long time, it didn't cost us an arm & a leg. We got a refund from the Feds but we owed the State. When it was all said & done, we paid out a grand total of $2.00.

Now we actually have spending money for next weeks cruise. LOL

We did ours two days ago also.The first time ever that we filed so late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon has a quarter book like that.  She said they do pop out easy.  She keeps the book in a large ziplock bag.

Oh, those coin collection books.   I had a huge number of those when I was growing up.  Pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves……

I gave them all to my son, and he continued collecting, including the state quarters.  They were all stored at our house, and a few years ago we decided he should keep them at his house.   So one of our flights to California, I loaded them all in a carry on bag for one of our flights out.  Those books probably weighed almost 50 pounds.

TSA really had some puzzled faces when it went through the scanner, and yes, it got pulled to be searched.  It made a really interesting X-ray image. They pulled out every book, and opened every leaf to give it a thorough check.

If you ever have to fly with those books, give yourself some extra time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This will be our 1st time to Aruba.  Those sound like good options.  If I remember correctly, it said we will be there until 11pm.  I think San Juan is the only port I remember staying that late but the ship also arrived in the afternoon.  We arrive early at Aruba.

We visited Curaçao before but it was on a Sunday and some places were closed.  Sounds like we had a similar experience.  I remember watching movement at the port.  I love the colors of the town.  I am wondering if we are missing something away from this area that we should experience.  We really enjoyed visiting there.

Curacao other than wandering around town and checking out the sites we have been gone to a couple different beaches by boat or car.   

Mambo Beach is one that offers something for everyone.    

https://www.mambobeach.com/      

This end of the island is beautiful to wander around.     We have snorkeled here too.   You can wander over to the aquarium https://curacao-sea-aquarium.com/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I shed a few tears when our CPA gave us the news and then again when I had to write a check and again when I went to the post office today.

We had to send them some money also luckily it wasn’t much , my wife sent it through a electronic transfer from our checking. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So today I pulled out the old recipe for my moms nut keiffels. Her recipe is around 60ish years old. And she shared it with me and made me promise not to share it with just anyone. Here for the first time is the recipe. 63DBF990-C3B1-4E10-845A-5669BF67E7A3.thumb.jpeg.74e109cdd0378516fb4c7ec965326c73.jpeg

Then gather all the necessary ingredients and equipment. 8FF49FAB-BFF6-414B-80B6-B2C7B0098294.thumb.jpeg.812d9ca18d5445220616ee8c6f5791a2.jpeg

Next step combine and mix together. 5E461512-7754-44BC-8237-91C41CD37F9B.thumb.jpeg.e34f7e7bbc7953c21c068722a27d351e.jpeg

Then powder sugar on cutting board take a handful of batter similar to the size of a tennis ball and roll out. 229F3A8E-CF5A-451D-920C-96BF8F486CC4.thumb.jpeg.aafbda251ab9d8efc9f2c7e97fd26fa3.jpeg

then using whatever is best to cut the dough in circles. 2C584EE9-E0E9-4EB8-876A-E9C5EAC1DBD8.thumb.jpeg.940302223c6ca71e19a9c135911584bf.jpeg

Fill with nut mixture and place on pan 554F87D0-3C84-469F-97CC-09A3955B4AD0.thumb.jpeg.37ab736b28877810f9ee6f145fe03287.jpeg7975357F-E55A-48AB-9837-3852047A76BA.thumb.jpeg.f27cf78f9d0fe5ebcea6c520989ffa0b.jpeg

Apply powdered sugar and place in decorative serving tray that you will never see again. And wrap with purple plastic wrap you found on a shelf in you MIL hoarded basement from 2001. 
CA58CB48-3A23-4CE7-976B-1C393EC89F8E.thumb.jpeg.cbed710f830ce5919024b52f1d0c8259.jpeg

And that folks is how you make nut keiffels. 

@John&LaLa

Thanks for directions  on how to put dialogue with pictures. 

A12D58AC-705F-475E-A05A-5B08E7E66BBA.jpeg

One thing…the recipe says a pound of nuts, is that before or after they’re shelled? Other than that, the recipe is pretty clear!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Whats up with secret recipes anyway🤔

That's always been my pet peeves. Why is some people want to keep a recipe all to themselves but most of the major top chefs aren't afraid to share their recipes. I had a coworker who made the best chocolate chip cookies but would never share the recipe. I tried everything to get her to share and she would not. Very selfish person she is. Finally after about 20 years of tasting her cookies, and experimenting myself, I have come pretty darn close to recreating the cookie. I finally told her one day I didn't need her recipe that I had figured it out on my own. All of a sudden she wanted me to tell her how I made the cookies. Sweet revenge.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

One thing…the recipe says a pound of nuts, is that before or after they’re shelled? Other than that, the recipe is pretty clear!

Actually 2 pounds of already shelled walnuts. 
2 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla 

2 tablespoons milk

Put in microwave safe dish. Nuke for 90 seconds. 

Stir make sure we’ll mixed. 

Let cool

I do not use honey

Makes to gummy. 

I hope the recipe was easy to follow. 

Later. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Whats up with secret recipes anyway🤔

Not a secret. 

Really???

Me

If you take the time to Google you will actually find a recipe. 

Mine was tweaked by my mom.  

Just saving the tweekness till the BELLLA CRUISE. 

In case anyone is interested. 

😃

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's always been my pet peeves. Why is some people want to keep a recipe all to themselves but most of the major top chefs aren't afraid to share their recipes. I had a coworker who made the best chocolate chip cookies but would never share the recipe. I tried everything to get her to share and she would not. Very selfish person she is. Finally after about 20 years of tasting her cookies, and experimenting myself, I have come pretty darn close to recreating the cookie. I finally told her one day I didn't need her recipe that I had figured it out on my own. All of a sudden she wanted me to tell her how I made the cookies. Sweet revenge.

Laura recently got a competition cornbread recipe that was very hush hush. It is very good, and I kinda get the competition part of it. But most recipes aren't being used in professional bbq competitions 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

She didn't want you to find out that the recipe was actually the Toll House Cookie recipe on the back of the bag.  Reminds me of Phoebe's grandmothers secret chocolate chip cookie recipe from Friends. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Not a secret. 

Really???

Me

If you take the time to Google you will actually find a recipe. 

Mine was tweaked by my mom.  

Just saving the tweekness till the BELLLA CRUISE. 

In case anyone is interested. 

😃

I share my Limoncello recipe😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's always been my pet peeves. Why is some people want to keep a recipe all to themselves but most of the major top chefs aren't afraid to share their recipes. 

Good point. 

But you must understand that I have and will continue to share the recipe. And have held baking parties sharing the tricks of the trade  But I get sick and tired when I hand out a recipe and then I get “ …….. mine did not come out like yours…..”

Dah. Some people not all do not follow directions and then the blame falls on me.  

The next time I’ll make a video.  
Oh

i we’ll need those tech savvy people to show me how to make a video. 

😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lionesss said:

Good point. 

But you must understand that I have and will continue to share the recipe. And have held baking parties sharing the tricks of the trade  But I get sick and tired when I hand out a recipe and then I get “ …….. mine did not come out like yours…..”

Dah. Some people not all do not follow directions and then the blame falls on me.  

The next time I’ll make a video.  
Oh

i we’ll need those tech savvy people to show me how to make a video. 

😇

I made a lemon ricotta cookie for Laura.

Tossed everything in a bowl and mixed it up.

Wrong, should have read recipe closer

Needed t mix in order and then fold it together. Tasted fine, but flat, not poofy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OMG yes. 

Bring samples. 

BELLA CRUISE. 

You are truly a talented person

ty

Absolutely,  just looking for a venue to hold the tasting. Hoping someone on Deck 17 volunteers😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So speaking of taxes.  I got a notice from the IRS yesterday that someone filed a 2021 tax return using my SSN.  Something triggered it as being false (likely a refund since that never happens, we always owe) and that it was an individual vs joint filing.  We haven’t done ours yet because we wait until the last minute to write that check.  Apparently I’m the victim of attempted or actual identity theft. I say attempted because nothing else I’ve researched looks to be impacted. I immediately responded thru the IRS website and spent today making all the necessary notifications.  Nothing out of the ordinary on my credit reports and they’re now flagged. Just a few more calls tomorrow and filing a police report.  Just such a PITA.  

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

She didn't want you to find out that the recipe was actually the Toll House Cookie recipe on the back of the bag.  Reminds me of Phoebe's grandmothers secret chocolate chip cookie recipe from Friends. 😄 

The basis is actually from Toll House. The difference is that her cookies are mountains. They are tall and are very doughy tasting. I figured out that she was doing several things to make them rise including sifting the flour, refrigerating the dough overnight and using more brown sugar than white.

• Like 2