Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I have to try it to see what happens...  YES!  Fixed!

20220403_134859.thumb.jpg.05cd58139295e28810b490889d9b593c.jpg

Now that the photo-posting problem is possibly fixed, and you showed us one of your photos of the Mayflower II in dry dock … I guess I should try to show one of my photos of the Mayflower II that I took on Monday. She left her dry dock berth a few minutes before 3pm and started her journey back to Plymouth.

IMG_7189.jpeg

Edited by CrzLvr2
oops. . .I just noticed that in @oceanboy's picture of the Mayflower II that she was already in the water - so not actually in dry dock.
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a great reveal ! Congratulations!!

So I take it the video came through.  I am not able to see it on my iPad but I don’t have the best connection right now.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The food looks wonderful.  I would love to taste the mushroom and chestnut pie.  I love chestnuts and they are hard to get here.

I’d love a slice of the pie and some of those almond cookies, too!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Real. Taken in Amarillo Tx.

E12AD5BD-B3ED-48D1-A887-F03B62C4419B.jpeg

Well, Greg says photoshopped and he knows way way more about photography than I do! 
Usually I’m pretty cautious about stuff on Facebook, but this was so gorgeous I suspended caution!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My DD had her 20 week appointment. All is going well.  She also shared this with the family. 

Very unique reveal. Congratulations!

When my daughter and SIL cut into their reveal cake and the knife came out pink, my grandson, 4 at the time, ran under the table shouting angrily, "I wanted a boy"!

@dani negreanuDani, everything coming out of your kitchen always looks delicious.  We got home from our nephew suitably stuffed; brisket was the star.  So good.  I brought my Passover lemon squares. 

Sorry, but posting photos online from my phone will have to wait until our tutorial on the Bella cruise.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Photo Shop or real ?

@jagsfan

Real. Picture taken by Laura Rowe --

[Amateur photographer Laura Rowe was simply out on a Sunday drive around East Texas with her boyfriend when she happened upon a spectacular scene. What started out as a normal day transformed into something much bigger when Rowe photographed an electrifying image of storm clouds appearing ready to explode thanks to reflected light from the sunset.]

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

The food looks wonderful.  I would love to taste the mushroom and chestnut pie.  I love chestnuts and they are hard to get here.

We have them as a "standard procedure" in our pantry. DH is using them mainly in minced meat for the Bolognese sauce (spaghetti, cannelloni, lasagna) and in pies. Cutting them in very small pieces. I think that their addition thoroughly enhances every meal.

image.thumb.jpeg.78063ad907c127b3a22fd2a1c63be684.jpeg

@HBE4, Thinking about you in those holy days.

@singinalot, Crystal - how was Aspen with your mom?

@Ozark_Kid, John, congrats on a new granddaughter 🌷

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan

Real. Picture taken by Laura Rowe --

[Amateur photographer Laura Rowe was simply out on a Sunday drive around East Texas with her boyfriend when she happened upon a spectacular scene. What started out as a normal day transformed into something much bigger when Rowe photographed an electrifying image of storm clouds appearing ready to explode thanks to reflected light from the sunset.]

We have them as a "standard procedure" in our pantry. DH is using them mainly in minced meat for the Bolognese sauce (spaghetti, cannelloni, lasagna) and in pies. Cutting them in very small pieces. I think that their addition thoroughly enhances every meal.

image.thumb.jpeg.78063ad907c127b3a22fd2a1c63be684.jpeg

@HBE4, Thinking about you in those holy days.

@singinalot, Crystal - how was Aspen with your mom?

@Ozark_Kid, John, congrats on a new granddaughter 🌷

I use them in my turkey stuffing.  I would use them in more things if I could get them easily.  This gives me a good lead on places to look.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

And. . . she made it through. Although, we heard a scraping sound as she passed the control tower. I couldn't find any news reports about what happened though. 

From what I understand, one if the spars grazed the control structure of the bridge. No damage to the boat or bridge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So today as the rain falls my DH  could not be more happy. Why?  

First a little background information. We built our home circa 1993 on 2 -1/2  acres. Now almost 2 acres is cleared and the lawn is healthy. 

When we moved in and the new grass grew my DH would push a lawn mower to cut it. It would take hours upon hours to have it looking nice. So I asked him if there was any easier way. He goes I can by a tractor with mowing deck.  So he did. 

Over the years the tractor acquired a cart, snow blade, tiller, shredder vac and a big snow blower. 

Well, the time has come in that he is unable to get replacement  parts for a soon to be 30 year old tractor ( wheel horse) . 

So one night when he took me out to dinner he shared the news that he needs a new lawn mower because if it breaks again, it cannot be fixed. 

Well, he has gone through so much lately I just said “ you know what’s best get what you want”. I’m clueless on those things. 

So just a few minutes ago a BIG delivery farm truck dropped off the new lawn mower. 
He got what he wanted. 

Now if he ever gets in the dog house ( I mean new man cave), he has something to stare at. Our property is so mushy from all the snow/rain we have had., it will be weeks before he gets to use it. 

So now he is telling me about all its features. He is so excited that it has a safety belt and cruise control  984AC647-FD26-40DC-9C51-8CAB2DCF8BEE.thumb.jpeg.e8d4d5b73820bc2a9d97a3a8206c5cb2.jpeg 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So I take it the video came through.  I am not able to see it on my iPad but I don’t have the best connection right now.

Yes it played fine for me. Unfortunately there was no preview frame. Just a white box with a play icon.

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, Greg says photoshopped and he knows way way more about photography than I do! 
Usually I’m pretty cautious about stuff on Facebook, but this was so gorgeous I suspended caution!

Well I’ve been known to be wrong before. I’m cautious about photos that show up on social media too. It looks photoshopped but I also know nature’s beauty can show us amazing scenes. What it could be is some hail behind the storm front and the sun reflecting light through causing those colors. Sunlight going through hail can produce some amazing colors.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So today as the rain falls my DH  could not be more happy. Why?  

First a little background information. We built our home circa 1993 on 2 -1/2  acres. Now almost 2 acres is cleared and the lawn is healthy. 

When we moved in and the new grass grew my DH would push a lawn mower to cut it. It would take hours upon hours to have it looking nice. So I asked him if there was any easier way. He goes I can by a tractor with mowing deck.  So he did. 

Over the years the tractor acquired a cart, snow blade, tiller, shredder vac and a big snow blower. 

Well, the time has come in that he is unable to get replacement  parts for a soon to be 30 year old tractor ( wheel horse) . 

So one night when he took me out to dinner he shared the news that he needs a new lawn mower because if it breaks again, it cannot be fixed. 

Well, he has gone through so much lately I just said “ you know what’s best get what you want”. I’m clueless on those things. 

So just a few minutes ago a BIG delivery farm truck dropped off the new lawn mower. 
He got what he wanted. 

Now if he ever gets in the dog house ( I mean new man cave), he has something to stare at. Our property is so mushy from all the snow/rain we have had., it will be weeks before he gets to use it. 

So now he is telling me about all its features. He is so excited that it has a safety belt and cruise control  984AC647-FD26-40DC-9C51-8CAB2DCF8BEE.thumb.jpeg.e8d4d5b73820bc2a9d97a3a8206c5cb2.jpeg 

Wow nice!  He is going to love it.  Now I am tempted….. 

• Like 1