Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son and his family arrived in Florida yesterday for their Mardi Gras cruise today.  Sadly, they found out her dad is very sick and not expected to live.  They had rented a car for the day yesterday so kept it and turned around and are driving back to New Jersey.  They couldn’t get a flight back right away and she is hoping to be able to say goodbye to her dad.  He was doing better when they flew to Florida but took a turn for the worst.  Our grandson, only 8, is so upset about missing the cruise and doesn’t understand how sick his Pop is.  My heart is breaking for them all😢

So sorry to hear about your DIL’s dad.  
Prayers to the family. 🙏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My Mom passed within an hour or two after I left.  After leaving Mom in the Nursing Home, I visited my brother who was in a Coma in the hospital.  As I was driving home, Jim called to tell me that my Mom had passed💔

It’s amazing to me how the human brain and body can work. I was about 10 when my grandmother passed on Cape Cod. All of her children, except my mother, lived near her and had said their goodbyes. We drove from Buffalo to the Cape so that my mother could say goodbye. She passed a day later. I’m sure that she stayed alive long enough to see all of her children and then decided that it was time, and let go. In a way, it’s nice that she had that “control”. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My son and his family arrived in Florida yesterday for their Mardi Gras cruise today.  Sadly, they found out her dad is very sick and not expected to live.  They had rented a car for the day yesterday so kept it and turned around and are driving back to New Jersey.  They couldn’t get a flight back right away and she is hoping to be able to say goodbye to her dad.  He was doing better when they flew to Florida but took a turn for the worst.  Our grandson, only 8, is so upset about missing the cruise and doesn’t understand how sick his Pop is.  My heart is breaking for them all😢

Truly heartbreaking! I hope your DIL’s dad was able to know they were there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s amazing to me how the human brain and body can work. I was about 10 when my grandmother passed on Cape Cod. All of her children, except my mother, lived near her and had said their goodbyes. We drove from Buffalo to the Cape so that my mother could say goodbye. She passed a day later. I’m sure that she stayed alive long enough to see all of her children and then decided that it was time, and let go. In a way, it’s nice that she had that “control”. 

Bob, I couldn't believe how long my Mom had been holding on. I talked to one of the nurses about this, and she mentioned that Mom was waiting for someone.  When I visited the next day, I mentioned that my brother Stephen (who lived in Florida) had passed away in January (we never told her prior to this), and that my brother James was in the hospital in a Coma and couldn't visit.  A tear came down Mom's face.  I kissed her and left for the hospital to see my brother.  It was after I left that she passed.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was with a friend when she died. She was in a coma and her daughter decided to leave and get something to eat. 
she hadn’t been gone five minutes when Nellie’s breathing changed. A friend that was with us ran after the daughter. He just missed the elevator she got on, and got to the parking garage in time to see her drive away. 
Nellie lived maybe 20 more minutes after her daughter left. 
We didn’t know how she knew Donna left; she had been  in a deep coma for more than 24 hours, but it couldn’t have been coincidence. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

DIL made it to the hospital, they kept him alive waiting for her.  Looks like all is over now.  I am happy she got to Jersey so quickly. Thanks all for listening.

Thank God he held on for her to say her goodbyes.💔   I cannot imagine the frantic car ride from FL to NJ.   May he RIP.  Thoughts and prayers for your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My Mom passed within an hour or two after I left.  After leaving Mom in the Nursing Home, I visited my brother who was in a Coma in the hospital.  As I was driving home, Jim called to tell me that my Mom had passed

That sure was a horrible day and a horrible car ride home💔

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I forget how that works after final payment, does it show up in cruise planner or wait till you board? 

Not sure when it posted but I just checked the planner a little while ago and the OBC we got late Thursday night is now showing and available to spend now in the planner. 

• Like 5

Last night the Seder was at my daughter Abby’s house.I did not think I could get there but my son in law picked us up and drove us home.At the dinner table seated next to me was a cousin who is with the Rescue Squad of a Fire Department.His son,also with a Fire Department was seated next to him.They offered me assistance but I was okay.Tonight there was only one Fire Person but my son in law was there to help.My grandpuppy was next to me nearly all evening.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks Debbie.  I hate paying for parking also.  It sure can be expensive!

When we slightly consider driving to port we the cost of gas, parking, food etc and realize for not much more we can fly.  Even when we have looked at Galveston 600 miles away.  Big advantage of living near ports.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we slightly consider driving to port we the cost of gas, parking, food etc and realize for not much more we can fly.  Even when we have looked at Galveston 600 miles away.  Big advantage of living near ports.

Last I checked, Galveston Parking was approx. $90 for the duration of a week cruise.  It's why we always book a hotel pre cruise that keeps our car for no fee for the duration of the cruise.  

We're lucky.  We're "only" 6 hours from Galveston with a stop at Buc-ees 😀

We are not looking forward to the hassle of flying to Miami and back next year for the Bella cruise. However, we ARE looking forward to the cruise!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@HBE4, Thinking about you in those holy days.

💜💜💜

Thank you. I've been checking in randomly every few days. Not much time to post but I try to "like" as many posts as possible to let people know I'm still around. 

Last year, Easter was April 4th, the day that my life changed.  Both dates are not easy.  Very solem & melancholy.  

On a positive note, my stepdaughter, for those that remember I picked up from Texas last December for a 1-2 month stay, is still with me 4 months later & has decided she would like to cook Easter Dinner for the entire family. 🥰

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night the Seder was at my daughter Abby’s house.I did not think I could get there but my son in law picked us up and drove us home.At the dinner table seated next to me was a cousin who is with the Rescue Squad of a Fire Department.His son,also with a Fire Department was seated next to him.They offered me assistance but I was okay.Tonight there was only one Fire Person but my son in law was there to help.My grandpuppy was next to me nearly all evening.

Lenny, it’s clear to me that you have a loving family who take care of you and think highly of you. Obviously, the grand puppy feels the same way.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In all our years of cruising,going  back to 1973 we have only flown twice to ports.Every other cruise has left from Baltimore,NJ or NY.

My dream would be to sail out of NY and pass by the Statue of Liberty on a cruise ship.  
We are fortunate to not need to book flights or accommodation prior to a Sydney departure.  We can be on a cruise ship at the OPT within 40mins of leaving home via public transport. A bit longer if the cruise departs from White Bay.

• Like 5