Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As I was scrolling down and I saw the first pic I thought, nice!  Looks like it is working out great.  Another place to try out pro mode is at shows.  It helped me get a more balanced pic with the bright stage lights and performance. Don’t let it take away from enjoying the show.  If you shoot in auto, you can always adjust the contrast or brightness later.  I don’t remember mentioning it before but you may of noticed already.  If while taking a pic you slide the shoot button it will rapid shoot.  I used it when shooting moving stuff like ice shows.  Then later you can find a pic that didn’t blur.  Also when you pull up a video you like you can pause it on what you like and then hit a button on the bottom left corner.  This will produce a nice pic.  I will be doing that more for show pics.

Thanks for posting the pics.  Enjoy the cruise!

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I have had sort of the opposite experience.  When our 18 year old cat suddenly wasn’t herself, was lethargic, heavier breathing and no appetite we took her to our vet.  X-Ray showed a mass in her chest/lung.  Vet said there really wasn’t a good prognosis.  While we were digesting that he said well, he could do a biopsy to be certain it was cancer.  Except as her breathing was compromised they couldn’t sedate her so they’d have to restrain and muzzle her to get a biopsy.  That was not the last experience we wanted Amelia to have!  We had to insist on euthanasia.  Afterwards the vet said that was the right decision.  But I felt, left to himself, he would have put her/us through needless extra procedures.  Sigh.  I guess it’s hard for a vet to tell if you are the type of person who just wants your pet at peace or you are the type that isn’t ready to let go and wants to explore every avenue.

We had the exact same experience with our beloved 19 year old cat.It has been 18 years and I still miss her so very much.People who do not have cats and dogs cannot realize what a loss is like.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

The only thing that is getting us through these final days with Carrie are her memories.

Carrie was always a cat with attitude, but took care of our daughter and was a lady to her.

When she would have to go to the VET for whatever reason, they did not look forward to her hissing, biting, screaming.  She never had to go for a follow up visit after surgery, they said I was a nurse and could evaluate and they would save us the trip (lol).

But us, well for years we were always greeted with a morning HISS, but as she became our one and only those became actually kisses when we would ask for a kiss, she would come and rub our face.

And at night she was quickly asleep on her cushion at the foot of our bed, before we were asleep, and we would often wake up with her under the covers.

She never played with cat toys, but any photograph not glassed enclosed was the best treat a cat could gnaw on. Whether it was on a desk, island, or just waiting to be hung, she would find.  Many a great memory went through her digestive track.

So last night, we stayed with her watching tv till 11:30.

She was fast asleep on a chair.

I went upstairs first, and as the DH was doing his final rounds, I heard a 

THUD, THUD, THUD THUD.

Here Carrie made her way upstairs and walked into the room.

After I got into bed, she kept wobbling back and forth back and forth and could not get up on her cushion (It is on the hope chest at the foot of our bed).

So Rick put her at the foot of the bed, and although she was restless she laid quietly till 7 am.

I awoke and had 2 green eyes staring at me. I called her name and asked for kisses, she stared, zoned out.

So after a few tears I got out of bed and she started  to try to walk across the bed and kept falling.

Wobbly, she was carried downstairs.

Put in her litter box, nada

Put by her water and fresh food dish nada.

Now when we call her name, her tail moves a little, but she no longer looks at us.

She is sitting and tilting on the throw rug in the kitchen.

Oh it is so hard.

I'm ready for Carrie to be at peace, but Rick after everything that has happened over the last few years needs, time.

Painful, 

Now as i started typing this it was overcast and cloudy, and now a ray of sunshine is coming in through the window in the computer room................................................................

So very sad

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the info!

I just noticed that the pics captured from video are much smaller.  They look good on screen but will not look good if you plan to print out.  They should post easy over cruise internet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

People who do not have cats and dogs cannot realize what a loss is like.

One of the two cats I got from the shelter to save my life in lockdown is so incredibly sweet…follows me around, rubs her face against me all the time, sleeps at night curled up against my knees, and best of all, some mornings she’ll come curl up against my chest with her head on my hand…so so loving that she makes me shed tears everyday.  Explain that to people who don’t have pets!

4FC53714-3543-4CD0-A08D-9DB4DD7B0E41.jpeg

• Like 19

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just stopped at Sorrento's. Thought I'd keep lunch light and have a couple of pieces of pizza. I won't be making that mistake the rest if the week without first ingesting alcohol. It is bad. 

Your a brave man to taste rccl pizza totally sober , I certainly would never do that. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Looks like the cat on the wall wasn't so lucky. 😉

Funny story about that leopard skin.  Acquired a long long time ago when my grandmother took a trip around the world.  It disappeared one day.  My grandmother accused my mother of losing it and vice versa.  All that was totally certain was the leopard was gone.  Then years later the one dry cleaners in our small town was going out of business and said to my grandmother, “Mrs. Barnett, do you want your article?”  They’d had had it for years!  Now, first, why was my grandmother dry cleaning a leopard skin?  Two, I was always told not to leave fur coats in plastic…did the leopard no harm.  Three, so much for the “Collect your items in 30 days or forfeit them” coda.

Fast forward and I’ve inherited the leopard skin.  Painted our TV room a tasteful pink and hung it.  The leopard vociferously objected to being displayed on such a namby-pamby background…so we needed to repaint the wall the dark red you see.  Except my husband, who had just paid painters to paint it pink, objected to painting it again.  I got tired of arguing with him (I was on the leopard’s side) so I just went out and bought the paint and slapped a big dark red X on the wall.

So we painted over the pink.  It’s a large room.  This was back when Court TV was covering the OJ Simpson trial.  We’d watch that all day…and then be astonished at how the nightly news teams would report what happened.  Talk about selective and biased reporting!  I guess I should have learned something about the MSM back then!

89D8EEFC-D002-43CE-BF00-3F8F65FD85E3.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

One of the two cats I got from the shelter to save my life in lockdown is so incredibly sweet…follows me around, rubs her face against me all the time, sleeps at night curled up against my knees, and best of all, some mornings she’ll come curl up against my chest with her head on my hand…so so loving that she makes me shed tears everyday.  Explain that to people who don’t have pets!

4FC53714-3543-4CD0-A08D-9DB4DD7B0E41.jpeg

My cat Punky aka Pennina was a part of the family ,not a pet.She sat on a chair with us in the kitchen or dining room to eat with us.She picked up her food with her front paws.She loved cotton candy and marshmallows.She curled up next to me to watch TV or to listen to music.If I lied down on my bed with my hands above me she would do the same with her paws.

We were best pals.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am just guessing but it’s too weird that both cats had the same symptoms. There must be something in the house or around that is making them sick. Do you have house plants or flowers inside?  Certain plants and flowers can kill cats. I lost my beloved cat after she ate the flowers off a flower arrangement I received.

I’m very sorry to learn about the passing of your beloved cat. How unfortunate is that ?  

We had a video walk through yesterday to look at the safety of our home for after the knee surgery.  Next is a Zoom knee workshop . The nurse anesthetist canceled the phone interview.  I’m wondering about the 5 days of Hibiclens  showers , change of pjs, and change of sheets .  Can’t stay sterile between all of that so must be build up of that sanitizer .  Meanwhile, he tore the flesh on his arm and had to have flap clued on . Memories of Mimi’s arm.  

After the knees are fixed he’ll still have Parkinson’s. There is no cure for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, I was waiting for your response. 🍕

A guy who frequently posts on CC stating that Sorrento’s pizza is awful was on a cruise that I was on in 2019.The only place I ever saw him on the ship was at Sorrento’s and always with 2 slices on a plate.

Whenever I have been on a RCI cruise and in Sorrento’s it has always been crowded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just stopped at Sorrento's. Thought I'd keep lunch light and have a couple of pieces of pizza. I won't be making that mistake the rest if the week without first ingesting alcohol. It is bad. 

I can only eat Sorrento’s late at night after drinking. Any other time their pizzas aren’t that good to me.

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m very sorry to learn about the passing of your beloved cat. How unfortunate is that ?  

We had a video walk through yesterday to look at the safety of our home for after the knee surgery.  Next is a Zoom knee workshop . The nurse anesthetist canceled the phone interview.  I’m wondering about the 5 days of Hibiclens  showers , change of pjs, and change of sheets .  Can’t stay sterile between all of that so must be build up of that sanitizer .  Meanwhile, he tore the flesh on his arm and had to have flap clued on . Memories of Mimi’s arm.  

After the knees are fixed he’ll still have Parkinson’s. There is no cure for that. 

That particular cat Chelsea was a long time ago but it still hurts. We are very mindful now of plants and foods that can kill our pets.

I never got briefed on anything safety wise in the house before knee replacement. Main thing you might want to do is if you have lower seated toilets, get a extender that has handles. It makes it easier to get up and down off the walker. Stairs should not be a problem they will have him do some stairs in the hospital with one of his first physical therapy sessions. Just tell him good leg going up, surgical leg going down.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Your a brave man to taste rccl pizza totally sober , I certainly would never do that. 

You and I grew up very close to each other in Brooklyn.Do you recall the Italian restaurant that everyone said had the very best pizza ? It was Sorrento’s😀

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You and I grew up very close to each other in Brooklyn.Do you recall the Italian restaurant that everyone said had the very best pizza ? It was Sorrento’s😀

Brooklyn has hundreds of pizza places , don’t recall any called that. All pizza restaurants in New York City say best pizza in New York. I passed one in midtown Manhattan and David Letterman was interviewing them questioned them was this really the best pizza in New York..

• Like 1