Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

041D0CA8-0C95-4546-A99E-D385EA209635.jpeg

So very sorry Carrie is gone but so glad she’s not suffering any more. 
You’ll never stop missing her, but the gift of having her for 17 years was a blessing to be forever thankful for. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sea Viewer said:

Oasis in Costa Maya today.IMG_20220426_112738675_HDR.thumb.jpg.09168f3ec9a75d8088748542c92534db.jpg

Now we got some serious players. Winner!

17 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

What the heck, I’ll jump in, too.  Liberty OTS December in Costa Maya.

682322CB-6045-43E5-9525-B029385EB275.thumb.jpeg.4c907673aaffc25fbd49d60e0d3cc854.jpeg

Thanks for playing. Winner two! I love this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our little grandson had his first birthday this week and his other grandparents hosted a lovely party at their house. 

20220423_180245.thumb.jpg.69c901e6be1933225bd06c10be349ab5.jpg

Happy 1st Birthday to your grandson, Isaac!  I love the Hungry Caterpillar!  Great job on the cake by your friend.😊

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Sue, I am so sorry for your loss; may you find solace in knowing that Carrie is no longer in pain, but is now in peace.💔

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbi, we have been to San Juan many times.  I hate to miss it as it is our CVS stop!!!

When we were in San Juan a couple of weeks ago, the line inside CVS was all the way to the back of the store!!  I told Jim we really didn't need lotion that badly, and we left and got back onto the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

As I write this post I want to share so many great memories that over the years have brought me great happiness. 

But where can I begin???  There are so many stories that our little ball of fur made life unique in her own way. So for know I will just cherish them in my heart.

And it is ironic that you left us as the clouds opened up and pouring rain started, I guess they were tears from heaven.   And we joined it. 

But soon we realized you were at peace and finally free from your plight.  Although we will miss you we are glad for the 17 years of happiness you gave us. 

Carrie Lyons

2004—————2022

041D0CA8-0C95-4546-A99E-D385EA209635.jpeg

May precious Carrie RIP🙏

Sorry for your loss.   Virtual hug to your family❤

Sad and crying in PA

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What area in NJ were those farms located at? Not sure I ever heard of those 2 farms and I used to live in NJ.

Bergen County

Tice Farms - Chesnut Ridge Road in Woodcliff Lake

Dipiero Farms - Summit Ave. in Montvale

Approx. 5 minutes from each other.

Where in NJ were you?

Our local vet is within walking distance of us.  Max will happily walk there.  Happily walk into the waiting room and receive attention from the reception staff and other owners waiting but the minute the lovely lady vet opens her door all bets are off.

It takes major canjoling, treats and a gentle but very firm long push for Max to be examined on the floor  (he will not tolerate being lifted on the examination table) one inch inside her examination room - that’s as far as he will go.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

We are home from the soccer game. We are still freezing even though we have been home for a while. The high today was 8C and felt colder with windchill.

Unfortunately they lost 5-0 and could have played much better. considering they have only had one practice I think it went OK because the team they played was spectacular.  Our goalie is amazing and because of that the score wasn’t more one sided.  Not much more to say than that, at this point in time. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bergen County

Where in NJ were you?

I know of those places.  I grew up in Montclair!  Haven't lived there since 1985 though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are home from the soccer game. We are still freezing even though we have been home for a while. The high today was 8C and felt colder with windchill.

Unfortunately they lost 5-0 and could have played much better. considering they have only had one practice I think it went OK because the team they played was spectacular.  Our goalie is amazing and because of that the score wasn’t more one sided.  Not much more to say than that, at this point in time. 

My 24 yo DS played soccer and I always hated the spring outdoor season cause it was always cold and or rainy in Michigan.  Maybe had a few warm days at the end of May.  Fall was my favorite!

Edited by jmh2006
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jmh2006 said:

My 24 yo DS played soccer and I always the spring outdoor season cause it was always cold and or rainy in Michigan.  Maybe had a few warm days at the end of May.  Fall was my favorite!

I hear you 100%. We have snow on the forecast for tonight and hopefully it will be melted by their game on Thursday. After that our forecast warms up with lows just above signal digits Celsius. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hear you 100%. We have snow on the forecast for tonight and hopefully it will be melted by their game on Thursday. After that our forecast warms up with lows just above signal digits Celsius. 

Yup, freeze warning here tonight and tomorrow night.  Can't catch a break this Spring.

• Like 1

A bit on the animal front here. We are waging “war” against a robin. It is trying to build a nest on our garage motion lights and side porch pillars. We attached caution tape which flaps in the breeze and scares them away.  They think it’s perfect, high and out of the elements. 

BA707E47-4158-44BC-BEA7-4AC84D093EEE.thumb.jpeg.39ec467d4a35deb1f90a7aa3b62583f6.jpeg

Meanwhile our security cat is keeping them away from the front porch pillars. 

85DEBC5A-D2C5-479B-A803-41D7342E2475.thumb.jpeg.12676c03227304a092c747523da9b2ca.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 22

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bergen County

Where in NJ were you?

We lived in South Jersey, I see you were up  north.

We lived about 4 miles from this farm in  Medford, NJ

https://www.johnsonsfarm.com/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A bit on the animal front here. We are waging “war” against a robin. It is trying to build a nest on our garage motion lights and side porch pillars. We attached caution tape which flaps in the breeze and scares them away.  They think it’s perfect, high and out of the elements. 

BA707E47-4158-44BC-BEA7-4AC84D093EEE.thumb.jpeg.39ec467d4a35deb1f90a7aa3b62583f6.jpeg

We have bird nests on either side of our retractable awnings.  Bird poop on the deck...aargh!  Last year, Jim put some chicken wire, and anything else he could think of, and yet they still get in and nest.  I don't mind when they nest in other places here, but the deck..yuck!  I watched a pigeon fly into my yard, and fly under the solar panels on my neighbor's roof today.

I hope as you are reading this, that you have warmed up some!

Years ago when I coached LL Softball, there were many a freezing and windy cold day on the field!  Not as cold as your Canadian cold, though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Oasis in Coco Cay Dec 2021

Oasis line 1221.jpg

Winner winner! Thanks for playing.

48 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think it’s hard for soccer players to play in those conditions considering the outfits they have on. It’s not like football with pants, pads and helmets. A soccer players has a lot of exposed skin making it hard to concentrate when your freezing.

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Meanwhile our security cat is keeping them away from the front porch pillars. 

85DEBC5A-D2C5-479B-A803-41D7342E2475.thumb.jpeg.12676c03227304a092c747523da9b2ca.jpeg

Looks like Lucy has “her” priorities right.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I had that happen last year on one of our motion lights on our deck.  I ended up putting strips of aluminum foil up there that kept it away.  Nothing started yet this year.

• Like 2