Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahhh!    I feel for you I had my first colonoscopy 3 weeks ago.       I mixed mine with yellow gatorade in a pitcher and put in fridge to get cold.   IMO, Drinking the mixture wasn't as bad as running to bathroom every 10 to 20 minutes for a couple of hours.        You will feel so much better once you get to sleep this evening.      Good luck tomorrow I hope all goes well with your procedure.

My prep wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I had visions of alarm bells going off and needing to get to a bathroom within 10 seconds, or else.  That's what I get for listening to Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall tell their colonoscopy stories.  The mixture wasn't great tasting but wasn't terrible either.  My biggest problem was the sheer volume of liquid.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

My prep wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I had visions of alarm bells going off and needing to get to a bathroom within 10 seconds, or else.  That's what I get for listening to Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall tell their colonoscopy stories.  The mixture wasn't great tasting but wasn't terrible either.  My biggest problem was the sheer volume of liquid.  

Yes I agree it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.   It was a lot of liquids to drink and I must admit I didn't finish my last cup of my pitcher.  

My fear was going to bed and having an accident, but all was good.    Eric's prep was much worse than mine but I am very regular.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Us Aussies get a birthday present in the mail from the Govt on our 50th Birthdays -  testing kit for bowel  cancer  A follow up one is sent out  if you don’t do it the first time.

Coming in second, is the reminder that us ladies get our Mammogram reminder.  I just got one in my email this morning.  Luckily, there's no horrible preparation for this!😁  I do take an advil prior to t,  mammo, though!😉

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I was surprised that I found the solution quite drinkable and the pre-op prep pretty straightforward (after fearing the worst).  

Good luck to the hangry poster.  

I will admit the prep drink is much, much better than the ones I used to take over the years.  Now I just put the mixture into Gatorade.

Hopefully, the hangry poster has had the colonoscopy done all ready by now...it's 9:33 am right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So today is our day  to schedule our COVID test and in the past we have used CVS.

I thought you were using the eMed tests.  Definitely cheaper than $139 each.

I just realized I have spent $475 on the eMed tests now, with the last ones delivered last week. 

You gotta do what you gotta do!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

All checked in now, also 11.30 to noon

Great! Have a fantastic time!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One more morning of peace. Will be in Nassau around 11 AM.

20220429_063711.thumb.jpg.5deb3915039711d317540af6c5c16f7e.jpg

Your best sunrise photo yet. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been a very quick 8 days. I have had an awesome week.

Why is it when you work the week goes by so slow but when your on vacation or a cruise the week flies by? Something is just not right about that. Looks like you have had a great week.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Butt infection for Tica (AGAIN)  have 9 days to clear it up before cruising  😢

Tica with cone 3-28-22.jpg

Poor thing. I Tica gets well soon.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Please excuse the messy counter.  Samantha is really filling out.  Cocoa is photo bombing the picture.  LOL

376486035_Samantha8.thumb.jpeg.122b81ad1654c083ed813cbbc65ef4fb.jpeg

I just love her. So beautiful and always looks right at the camera. She is a model cat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Since there were some post about snakes, just wanted to share a story that was posted from an area north of where we live. Now mind you we have had a ton of bitterly cold snowy weather and yet we have these. 

1E51DBAC-0642-4724-91B3-6E5E155F94F2.jpeg

Back in my working days, I would often see these in the wild.  Massasaugas are endangered, and I must admit I may have contributed to keeping them on that list a couple times.

• Like 3

Feeing a little down this morning. The Toronto Raptors lost their round one playoff series to Philly last night. 😪 We went to the Blue Jays game on Wednesday night and they lost. Those guys are 7-3 at home this year and they lost both games that we have been at! 😪 And my Maple Leafs start their payoffs next week against Boston. They always lose to Boston 😱 Oh ya, and I broke my driver at the golf range yesterday.

I think it's time for a cruise! 😊

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So today is our day  to schedule our COVID test and in the past we have used CVS.

Now since it is used for travel, we are not insurance eligible, we would be self pay.

$139

So when I filled out the form to do the rapid, our CVS is now using the one that takes 1-2 days to get back.  

Last time they offered the rapid.

Has anyone used CVS and did it really take 1-2 days to come back??

TY

No Walgreens in your area?   They still offer the rapid.  Our CVS did as well, and Walgreens still charges zero for travel.  At least this is the way it is in my part of Missouri.

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

376486035_Samantha8.thumb.jpeg.122b81ad1654c083ed813cbbc65ef4fb.jpeg

Samantha is getting so big!!!  She sure is beautiful!

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I forget who made the comment about my foot pictures the other day but here is another one for you.😉

20220429_075845.thumb.jpg.bbe6281deee96044905565d025626153.jpg

Hey!  I was on that same lounge chair just a few weeks ago!!!😜 

Enjoy your last day on the Allure!

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Feeing a little down this morning. 

I think it's time for a cruise! 😊

It sure sounds like it!!

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

It's bring your puppy to work day....Stevie's very bored and she's not helping much at all.

Stevie work 42922.jpg

Very cute!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Probably just go over to Junkanoo Beach for a bit then walk around town.

OB  , don't know what tomorrows plan is, but there is an airshow this weekend at FLL.  Lots of planes in town, including the Thunderbirds.  The planes are parked on the north side on the airport. Videos on Youtube   airdotshow is the link 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Probably just go over to Junkanoo Beach for a bit then walk around town.

If you like conch fritters there is a little place on Junkanoo Beach called the Salty Crab they were the best fritters in March!   Nice drinks there too!

And a lounger was only $10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

OB  , don't know what tomorrows plan is, but there is an airshow this weekend at FLL.  Lots of planes in town, including the Thunderbirds.  The planes are parked on the north side on the airport.

Thanks, if JetBlue manages to strand me again I'll have my plan for the day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I thought you were using the eMed tests.  Definitely cheaper than $139 each.

I just realized I have spent $475 on the eMed tests now, with the last ones delivered last week. 

You gotta do what you gotta do!!

My insurance reimburses $12 or $13 per home test kit.   Adds up after awhile.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

OB  , don't know what tomorrows plan is, but there is an airshow this weekend at FLL.  Lots of planes in town, including the Thunderbirds.  The planes are parked on the north side on the airport. Videos on Youtube   airdotshow is the link 

They usually do a practice up the beach the day before the airshow.  We saw the rehearsal from our hotel room right after we had checked in.  We saw the airshow from the aft of Oasis while we were waiting to leave port the next day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Now since it is used for travel, we are not insurance eligible, we would be self pay.

$139

So when I filled out the form to do the rapid, our CVS is now using the one that takes 1-2 days to get back.  

Last time they offered the rapid.

Has anyone used CVS and did it really take 1-2 days to come back??

TY

For our last cruise CVS cancelled our appt the day before so we rescheduled with walgreens for their rapid Naat test, free!    

Out son and his Fiance went to CVS Friday and they didn't get the results till late Saturday.   

If you don't have emed kits I recommend Walgreens Rapid NAAT we had results in less than 1 hr.  Free is for me😃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

They usually do a practice up the beach the day before the airshow.  We saw the rehearsal from our hotel room right after we had checked in.  We saw the airshow from the aft of Oasis while we were waiting to leave port the next day.

Yes  The FAA has a temporary  flight restriction published for today, in addition to the weekend.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, Luckynana said:

Good grief, Mimi!  I remember when you fell back in December, but I seem to have missed all of the after-effects with regard to your shin.  I am so sorry!🌹

It doesn’t bother me, just looks odd. 
I’ve never had a bruise get the pebble grained leather look and feel before. Or have a bruise peel. That was a really interesting after effect!

• Like 2