Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Feeing a little down this morning. The Toronto Raptors lost their round one playoff series to Philly last night. 😪 We went to the Blue Jays game on Wednesday night and they lost. Those guys are 7-3 at home this year and they lost both games that we have been at! 😪 And my Maple Leafs start their payoffs next week against Boston. They always lose to Boston 😱 Oh ya, and I broke my driver at the golf range yesterday.

I think it's time for a cruise! 😊

Sorry about the Jays game.  I don't get to see my teams in person very often and it sucks when they lose.  Look at the broken driver as a positive though...you get to buy a new driver!  Depending on how old your broken driver was, technology improvements in the last few years will give you better/longer drives.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry about the Jays game.  I don't get to see my teams in person very often and it sucks when they lose.  Look at the broken driver as a positive though...you get to buy a new driver!  Depending on how old your broken driver was, technology improvements in the last few years will give you better/longer drives.  

I like the way you think. 

Looking at new ones on line this morning. Carbon faced, anti slice technology! WOW!

Now I just need one that includes a proper golf swing and I'll be all set. FORE! 

Forget the swing I just found IT!!!

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thats a great idea and worth a try.

We mainly keep them downstairs most of the time and crate at night in the master bedroom. They want to go explore upstairs but we have the cat litter box upstairs and I don’t want them going in there. Eventually we will have them sleep with us but until we can get them totally potty trained I don’t want to risk it.

Our daughter leaves the crate door open during the day so Teddy can go in when he wants to “get away”.

Gritty did that, too.  
It works as a refuge rather than a cell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

My prep wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I had visions of alarm bells going off and needing to get to a bathroom within 10 seconds, or else.  That's what I get for listening to Jeff Foxworthy and Bill Engvall tell their colonoscopy stories.  The mixture wasn't great tasting but wasn't terrible either.  My biggest problem was the sheer volume of liquid.  

Procedure has improved over the years , had my first one over 20 years ago and several since. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wildlife sightings from the last week. I don’t want any of these in bed, or in the house for that matter. 

35C59EBC-41AB-4E80-B82F-9758EED0F14F.thumb.jpeg.a1def2e15bb85f6f2fad1b2ec4f0d357.jpeg

A3B4BC67-336A-4886-B158-7956763CC9E6.thumb.jpeg.797244d4b0ce0c6d91432bac4638163c.jpeg

A4D5E76E-0FB0-4376-80D0-B06C93FE89C3.thumb.jpeg.5f015fdef3ce6328447315aa592f6957.jpeg

09845954-236B-4023-B03B-CD2E53B4D39C.thumb.jpeg.cb4fb7a5642568dba879d9ef07e90cef.jpeg

I as sitting on the lanai reading when this guy strolled by. 

B31B29FD-AF35-4317-BC46-1F436D956D60.jpeg

• Like 15

17 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thanks.  He is a very sweet dog.  I’ve had him for five months now, and if licking my pillow in the middle of the night is the worst thing he does, then I got really lucky in the adoptive dog lottery. 😀

Just take your pillow to the bathroom with you!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Feeing a little down this morning. The Toronto Raptors lost their round one playoff series to Philly last night. 😪 We went to the Blue Jays game on Wednesday night and they lost. Those guys are 7-3 at home this year and they lost both games that we have been at! 😪 And my Maple Leafs start their payoffs next week against Boston. They always lose to Boston 😱 Oh ya, and I broke my driver at the golf range yesterday.

Tell me you’re not going today, because we are. 😂

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Looking at new ones on line this morning. Carbon faced, anti slice technology! WOW!

Just don’t tell anyone you have it, so when you slice they will be none the wiser.😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Keksie said:

Yikes.  I have two implants and it was less then that for both.  Of course it has been a few years since I had it done.

I’m paying 4200 to replace a crown. 
includes bone graft, post and crown. 
Could have a nice cruise for that!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I feel ya.  My trick(s) were a straw as far back in my throat as I could stand it, make it with crystal light, and get it as cold as I could without freezing.

Luckily, around here the prep is Miralax and Gatorade with two Dulcolax twice. 
Goes down pretty easily. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

UGHHHHHH! I just made an appointment today for the office visit to get my first colonoscopy scheduled. I'll be 49 next month, but my doctor insisted that I do it now before 50 anyway... *Sigh*

I’m glad you’re doing it. I’ve had one every five years for what seems like forever. You never get over dreading the prep, but the colonoscopy itself is a breeze. And so worth doing!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So today is our day  to schedule our COVID test and in the past we have used CVS.

Now since it is used for travel, we are not insurance eligible, we would be self pay.

$139

So when I filled out the form to do the rapid, our CVS is now using the one that takes 1-2 days to get back.  

Last time they offered the rapid.

Has anyone used CVS and did it really take 1-2 days to come back??

TY

Any Walgreens anywhere near you? They don’t care why you’re taking the test. 
So no reason to delay giving results. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Just take your pillow to the bathroom with you!

Well, I have three pillows in various positions on the bed since I like to roll over and change positions a lot while sleeping.  That’s one reason why he learned to scoot so quickly when I want to roll over.  Now I tend to just pull the covers over the pillows and it tends to stop him most times. LOL 

• Like 4

So I was hoping Royal would release some more sailings for fall of 2023 that included Tortola BVI and it looks like there are no sailings. So I'm trying to pick another cruise for October 2023 (We like to cruise and celebrate our anniversary) So I would like your thoughts on 15 night Transatlantic from  Southhampton, England to Cape Liberty NJ on Anthem October 15th? I know the weather can be iffy. They say in the 70's but since it's more northern I would think it would be cooler. Interested in knowing if anyone of you has done a transatlantic in October and if you would recommend it?

Other choices include:

Wonder of the Seas 7 night Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten, St. Thomas and PD) all places we've been but never on Wonder.

Celebrity 8 night Eastern which does go to Tortola on October 28th on Equinox. I've never been on Celebrity before thoughts? There is also a Celebrity 8 nighter ABC islands on Oct. 14th.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I was hoping Royal would release some more sailings for fall of 2023 that included Tortola BVI and it looks like there are no sailings. So I'm trying to pick another cruise for October 2023 (We like to cruise and celebrate our anniversary) So I would like your thoughts on 15 night Transatlantic from  Southhampton, England to Cape Liberty NJ on Anthem October 15th? I know the weather can be iffy. They say in the 70's but since it's more northern I would think it would be cooler. Interested in knowing if anyone of you has done a transatlantic in October and if you would recommend it?

Other choices include:

Wonder of the Seas 7 night Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten, St. Thomas and PD) all places we've been but never on Wonder.

Celebrity 8 night Eastern which does go to Tortola on October 28th on Equinox. I've never been on Celebrity before thoughts? There is also a Celebrity 8 nighter ABC islands on Oct. 14th.

Ever done Panama Canal?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tell me you’re not going today, because we are. 😂

I just took a look. It's Bo Bichette bobblehead night tonight! 🥳

So I just asked Mrs. Dawg if we could go. Sadly she nixed the idea. 😪

She said something about having one bobblehead in the house was more than enough. I wonder what she meant by that?  We didn't pick up a Vlady bobblehead last season. Hmmm? 🤔

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I thought you were using the eMed tests.  Definitely cheaper than $139 each.

I just realized I have spent $475 on the eMed tests now, with the last ones delivered last week. 

You gotta do what you gotta do!!

DH had a false positive with the Emed, and wants to have an "official" in person, rapid.

We do have the Emed kits, 

I think we will get up at 7am, and do Emed and if he tests false again, off to Quick Med on Belmont.

Take care

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Other choices include:

We normally sail either rccl or celebrity, wonder of the seas sounds great love new ships . If you are sailing in a suite I would cruise celebrity, suite perks or way better than rccl, love there suite restaurant and lounge, but rccl can’t be beat for entertainment. Never did transatlantic but would love to try it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's on our bucket list. I need to check dates for that sailing. Thanks for the suggestion.

October 7th 2023 Radiance (16 Nights)  San Diego to Tampa, some are doing  B2B, Pacific Coastal(8 Nights) from Vancouver to San Diego.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4