Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Hearing the talk  about hoarders I can truly relate. We inherited the MIL. And Uncle

4,000 foot ranch duplex with full basement. 
The 4 empty bedrooms from people had clutter to the ceiling . You could not open the doors. Their individual bedrooms were bad but you could open door. 

The full basement had complete clutter with mini pathways. 

The attic stored tons of suitcases Christmas decorations. 

This would be a great drinking story so I’ll save it for later. 

But what I wanted to share is something I saved that a recent thread poster made me chuckle. 

So if anyone has any S & H green stamp books I’ll add them to the 39 I found.  Besides. I also found more stamps to go in books. 

Wonder if there worth anything. 

See below. 

8216405E-9A5E-4C35-AA87-E7B0E0D286B8.jpeg

If you have over 60 books you can still redeem them.  LOL  They are also for sale on Ebay. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've call the cable company several times in the past & threatened to cancel. They've always given me the same low "introductory" rate they give to new customers.  Of course, the downside is I need to lock into a 1 or 2 year contract.  Nowadays, I don't even threaten to cancel, I just ask politely which seems to work just as well.🙂

That always used to work for me but not the last time that I called.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Really? you look much older., all wise years I'm sure 🙂 ............I'm 62 but my wife still calls me a child !

Laura has about 16 months on me. 

This time of year it's two years🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

We went to the Jays game and we now both have Covid. Even with 2 doses and a booster it has kicked us both hard.

Feel better. 

My stepdaughter tested positive yesterday.  So far, it's nothing worse than a mild head cold or spring allergies. The only reason she tested herself was because she was around someone's kid that had it. 

I guess that makes me in charge of dinner the next 5-7 days. 😐😉

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

We went to the Jays game and we now both have Covid. Even with 2 doses and a booster it has kicked us both hard.

I hope you are both better soon.

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Stared at this a lot growing up. For a couple obvious reasons

Screenshot_20220506-172627_Chrome.jpg.6a3f1a8f4f2f98ccb7a285fd82994955.jpg

12 million copies. Best selling poster of all time. 

That poster was printed in the town I grew up in.

My childhood tv was British courtesy of my dad:

Benny Hill Show

The Two Ronnies

Are you being served

Some mothers do ave them

George & Mildred

Parkinson (interview show)

For DH: 

he and his brothers loved

Skippy (tv show about

a young boy, his kangaroo and the park ranger and all the dramas that happened in the National Park) - ran for 3 seasons and filmed in Sydney.

The Brady Bunch

M.A.S.H

Gillian’s Island

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Benny Hill Show

The Two Ronnies

Are you being served

Some mothers do ave them

George & Mildred

For DH: 

Skippy (tv show about

a young boy, his kangaroo and the park ranger and all the dramas that happened in the National Park) - ran for 3 seasons and filmed in Sydney.

The Brady Bunch

M.A.S.H

Gillian’s Island

Ah. The Benny Hill show. Really enjoyed it when it made its way to this side of the pond.

• Like 6

Our family was into the Bond movies.  We saw all of them on release.  My brother and I loved the villain Jaws with his metal teeth.  The last movie I saw with my mum before she passed away was a Bond movie. She just loved James Bond no matter who the actor was. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Benny Hill Show

The Two Ronnies

Are you being served

Some mothers do ave them

George & Mildred

For DH: 

Skippy (tv show about

The Brady Bunch

M.A.S.H

Gillian’s Island

I liked watching MASH and Benny Hill.I watched Gilligan Island but now I never would.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Our family was into the Bond movies.  We saw all of them on release.  My brother and I loved the villain Jaws with his metal teeth.  The last movie I saw with my mum before she passed away was a Bond movie. She just loved James Bond no matter who the actor was. 

Dr.No was my favorite.I think there were people standing in the movie theater.

• Like 1

On our way to Cocoa Beach for Mariner tomorrow (three negative tests!) we needed to stop for gas and I saw a sign for Bucees.  Since everyone here has talked about it we decided to stop.
 Most of the gas spots were busy so I pulled behind a car.  After a minute or 2 I realized nobody was pumping.  In fact, both cars were empty!  Looking around, many of the cars were empty!  People had used the gas pumps as parking since they were closer than the actual parking.  How inconsiderate.  
Finally found an unblocked pump, got gas and moved to a parking space.  Went inside and WOW!  It was huge and had an enormous amount of stuff.  Didn’t get anything except a bottle of water.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, ATG said:

On our way to Cocoa Beach for Mariner tomorrow (three negative tests!) we needed to stop for gas and I saw a sign for Bucees.  Since everyone here has talked about it we decided to stop.
 Most of the gas spots were busy so I pulled behind a car.  After a minute or 2 I realized nobody was pumping.  In fact, both cars were empty!  Looking around, many of the cars were empty!  People had used the gas pumps as parking since they were closer than the actual parking.  How inconsiderate.  
Finally found an unblocked pump, got gas and moved to a parking space.  Went inside and WOW!  It was huge and had an enormous amount of stuff.  Didn’t get anything except a bottle of water.

I have decor items from Bucees.  Their coffee is good and Bucee nuggets are addictive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just talked to friends of ours who just came back from a Mississippi River cruise.  Both have covid!  

I keep hearing of various friends/co-workers testing positive too    I guess with more and more of us traveling, high travel during spring breaks, holidays and more offices requiring workers come back to the office, it is expected.     But at least hospitalizations remain low.

I hope your friends feel better soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

I hope you both feel better quickly! 

Jim had Covid in February, even though he also had 2 doses and a booster.  Luckily it was a couple of weeks before our 1st cruise.  He had a cough and head cold.  We were both surprised when he tested Positive.

36 minutes ago, ATG said:

On our way to Cocoa Beach for Mariner tomorrow (three negative tests!) 

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

1  1/4 inch hail coming our way in the next 30 minutes

Tornado Watch  !!

about 15 miles from  us.......60, 70mph winds

I said it before, and I'll say it again....stay safe!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just like Lisa and I.

Take care, drink plenty of fluids and Hope you both Feel Better Soon!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ATG said:

Congratulations!     I hope you have a wonderful cruise with great weather too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1