Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, George C said:

My dad loved Benny Hill, my favorite was Monty Python , one of the funniest plays we ever saw was Spamalot 

Agreed, Spamalot was hilarious.  I must've seen it towards the end of its run. I was laughing so hard I missed parts of the show so about 5 or 6 months later, I wanted to go again but it had closed. 

It would be worthy addition to any Royal ship, maybe replacing Cats? 😉 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My childhood tv was British courtesy of my dad:

Benny Hill Show

The Two Ronnies

Are you being served

Some mothers do ave them

George & Mildred

Parkinson (interview show)

For DH: 

he and his brothers loved

Skippy (tv show about

a young boy, his kangaroo and the park ranger and all the dramas that happened in the National Park) - ran for 3 seasons and filmed in Sydney.

The Brady Bunch

M.A.S.H

Gillian’s Island

Only Fools and Horses with David Jason is a classic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Feel better. 

My stepdaughter tested positive yesterday.  So far, it's nothing worse than a mild head cold or spring allergies. The only reason she tested herself was because she was around someone's kid that had it. 

I guess that makes me in charge of dinner the next 5-7 days. 😐😉

I’m used to spring allergies as a long time sufferer.

For me this has been much worse than a head cold for me.  It feels like a vice on my head, along with a horrendous sinus headache.  I have been doing my best to stay hydrated.  My appetite is low with just 3 bowls of cereal being consumed the last two days.  I have been basically lounging on my bed the last two days. Lisa has been doing better than me, but is also two days ahead of being being patient zero for our home. 

I’m optimistic that today will be a better day. 

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For me this has been much worse than a head cold for me.  It feels like a vice on my head, along with a horrendous sinus headache.  I have been doing my best to stay hydrated.  My appetite is low with just 3 bowls of cereal being consumed the last two days.  I have been basically lounging on my bed the last two days. Lisa has been doing better than me, but is also two days ahead of being being patient zero for our home. 

That sounds nasty.  Hope today is indeed a better day for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, akcruz said:

We stopped at Bucees for the 1st time on our last trip through, couldn't believe how crowded it was.  

my oldest daughter moved to TX a couple of months ago, and I drove there with her from NY we of course had to stop at Bucees and I understood the attraction, the beef jerky counter was amazing to, as well as the fresh made BBQ sandwich, it was a bit overwhelming.

• Like 6

Passed by the florist late this afternoon.  Huge queue for flowers for Mother’s Day tomorrow. Must be their busiest day after Valentines Day.

My DH’s mother passed when he was 15 (melanoma) and my mum passed when I was 40 (breast cancer) and both our grandmothers are long gone so tomorrow is just for me.  We are driving up to the Blue Mountains to do some walks etc.  Weather will be brrrr but sunny.  Hope to get some nice photos which will make a change from my usual Bridge/Opera House/Harbour photos.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I liked MASH but wasn’t a fan as such.  Loved Hogans Heroes though.  Go figure.

My fraternity house served dinner every night promptly at 6:00pm.  MASH reruns were on at 5:00 and 5:30. Everyone gathered before dinner to watch TV.  I must have seen every episode 2 or 3 times.  Great show.  

• Like 8

I have 65 laps around the Sun and my DH is a slow mover so he has a few laps to catch upto me.

🙄

That is part of the reason I retired as early as I could, so he can share his insurance benefits with me.

Take care

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I liked MASH but wasn’t a fan as such.  Loved Hogans Heroes though.  Go figure.

I didn’t like MASH until I was older. For context I was in grade 6 when the final episode aired. It was in university that I started to watch and appreciate the show. 

Hogans Hero’s was on TV when I came home from school. That show I loved as a kid. “I see nothing”.  😂

• Like 6

Grew up watching on the 3 channel TV when I could get it since I was the lowest bottom feeder in the family, and it was never my turn.

M.A.S.H.

Hogans Heroes

Dark Shadows

Gilligans Island

Donny and Marie

Missed many episodes, but eventually as they played them over and over again, I got to see them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NHProud said:

I’ve come to the conclusion after 2 days I’m not Greg’s Linda and definitely not a saint . 

Hang in there. Just do what Linda did, keep me drugged up on pain meds. I would sleep most of the day. 😉

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hang in there sounds awful. I suffer horrible spring allergies too it's no fun.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is now 60°F and sunny at the beach.

I hope everyone is safe,well and having a great weekend.

Graham.

I hope you had a fantastic day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since everyone is talking age and tv shows I will share mine. I'm 65 for another couple of weeks. As a kid growing up in the 60's I loved watching television. Maybe that's why I ended up in broadcast television. So these were my favorite shows but not listed in order.

Dick Van Dyke

Leave it to Beaver

The Andy Griffith Show

Bewitched

Gilligan's Island

Get Smart

Hogan's Heroes

Beverly Hillbillies

Adam-12

Cartoons included:

Looney Tunes

Road Runner

Johnny Quest

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

For music I watched I watched "Where the Action Is" and love Paul Revere and the Raiders. I also as a kid watched our local ABC news on KMBC-9. Who knew that I would eventually work for them for 40 years.

• Like 11