Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@bobmaclibertyGoose is adorable. So many cute new kittens here lately! 

Busy few days with projects around the house. Switching over from winter bedding to summer now that nice warm weather is here. Andy’s project is a little more involved, finally changing out the weird slider in our master bedroom for a regular window.  Once the interior is done, the balcony will come down (railings already removed but he left the platform to work from) and patching of the exterior.  

I hope Dani & Sue are enjoying their cruise and can’t wait to hear all about it. 

92FF9DAB-4FD4-4642-A00B-E778E166D033.jpeg

77E003AA-FCF3-44C2-B553-1FDFDC0D686A.jpeg

92171DE1-279D-4A33-8DAD-B78BD2C732D8.jpeg

Very nice.    Andy does a great job at home remodeling.    You are very fortunate😍

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

We arrived at LBI around 1 pm yesterday.    This was the first time in a long time that I couldn't have my top down while driving here.    We had a couple different pockets of rain throughout the journey.     Rained for about 30 mins after we arrived.        Chris and Donna arrived around 2 pm and said they had no rain.        

I filled up my car near Columbus flea market on Rt 206 for $4.83 (at home gas is now $5.09) and gas on the island is currently $5.29.       When is this going to stop!!!

We didn't feel going out to eat after unpacking, making beds and some minor cleaning of bathrooms from tenants that left yesterday morning.     So we grilled some burgers and hot dogs.    Why do they always better down the shore?

It poured on on off for a couple hours this morning but has been cloudy/overcast with some peaks of sun this afternoon. 

We had breakfast at Mustache Bill's Diner near Barnegat Lighthouse.      I have eggs benedict with crabmeat - delicious!

Tonight we are either doing lobster rolls or pizza and chowder from Bay Village.    

Tomorrow we plan on picking up a couple dozen blue claw crabs and Eric and Chris will steam them and we can enjoy at our picnic table.   

Do they still have the Water Slides at Bay Village? Is there a Flow Rider there too or am I thinking that was some other Jersey Shore?

On 6/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, h20skibum said:

Lunch today was hibachi teriyaki chicken. 

EAF0336B-AA55-4B8A-9F3C-76EB320DBA2A.thumb.jpeg.88a0ed415214931a2ff5c31c3c0d0fc0.jpeg

Is that Yum Yum Sauce ? I could drink that stuff  🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our daughter, who is getting married next fall and just moved into a condo, decided that the first thing her condo needed is a kitten.  Meet Goose.  It took Goose less than a day to make himself at home and cuddle with his new parents.  They were going to name him Maverick until they found out that Maverick would be the name of friend's baby if it's a boy.  It's purely coincidental that he is a Grey Goose. 😉

IMG_2533.thumb.JPEG.3672dd7e41bfa255fa6da4512e6f1583.JPEG

E6C135FF-C70A-42EA-9864-38155D832326.thumb.JPG.03d445e61fb059b92fca920f4f2acbf0.JPG

IMG_2578.thumb.JPEG.4c6e714979ac01c4d9156a014523d448.JPEG

So cute.

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade's eyes have begun the transition fron kitten blue to adult green.20220613_083053.thumb.jpg.6293f50dba6f01e5a16b6e582de717a0.jpg

Beautiful eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Busy few days with projects around the house. Switching over from winter bedding to summer now that nice warm weather is here. Andy’s project is a little more involved, finally changing out the weird slider in our master bedroom for a regular window.  Once the interior is done, the balcony will come down (railings already removed but he left the platform to work from) and patching of the exterior.  

I hope Dani & Sue are enjoying their cruise and can’t wait to hear all about it. 

I am curious Deb, why you didn't like the slider and the small deck?  I like to go outside after I take a shower, (in my robe) to see what the weather is like. The new window looks lovely. It is nice to be able to open the door a little bit, though, or maybe call down to people at the pool?  :classic_smile:

And here anyway, it is a fire safety thing. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Do they still have the Water Slides at Bay Village? Is there a Flow Rider there too or am I thinking that was some other Jersey Shore?

Yes, water park with flowrider is at Bay Village along with a nice miniature golf place with 2 different courses.  

Fantasy island amusement rides and large indoor arcade is next to water park.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nice ending to tonight's Below Deck. Finale is next week.

Isn't this the first time EVER that there has been no drama from the chef?

I did read that he won't be returning to BD. He has opened (or will be opening) a restaurant in LA.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

Currently a nice, warm evening in New Jersey.

20220613_203239.thumb.jpg.2c83ca412434919de13ba904ec32ce99.jpg

A few days ago we attended a country concert at PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ with Miranda Lambert and Little Big Town.  Fun.

20220610_203842.thumb.jpg.ed39fa2406ae121ebae47f0dbf559fcd.jpg

20220610_213933.thumb.jpg.923fb152a1b520e23560ee11f7ad66d2.jpg

We had seen Joe Cocker in concert years ago.  We had seats near the stage.  We then saw Rid Stewart there and sat on the grass.  It poured with lightening for a while.  We were soaked!  After the storm passed, Rod got back on the stage.  What a great performance!  He's amazing!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love your new windows!

• Thanks 1

I'm sitting in the ER at a hospital in Staten Island right now, hoping Jim will be discharged in a couple of hours.  Jim was staying at his sister's home on SI for 2 nights since he had an early appointment for his 9/11 checkup this morning, and another early appt tomorrow for his echo test at his cardiologist.  After having dinner this evening, he started having indigestion, then was becoming nauseous and was perspiring.  My nephew, who is a Paramedic, went to check on Jim and then called an ambulance.  He then called my daughter who told me what was happening.  My other daughter then drove me to the Island. He looks good, and is feeling much better.  

• Like 17

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had seats near the stage.  We then saw Rod Stewart there and sat on the grass.  It poured with lightening for a while.  We were soaked!  After the storm passed, Rod got back on the stage.  What a great performance!  He's amazing!

Isn't he a cute little guy? Rod Stewart has a very sexy onstage wiggle. :classic_biggrin: He is much shorter and smaller than I expected. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sitting in the ER at a hospital in Staten Island right now, hoping Jim will be discharged in a couple of hours.  Jim was staying at his sister's home on SI for 2 nights since he had an early appointment for his 9/11 checkup this morning, and another early appt tomorrow for his echo test at his cardiologist.  After having dinner this evening, he started having indigestion, then was becoming nauseous and was perspiring.  My nephew, who is a Paramedic, went to check on Jim and then called an ambulance.  He then called my daughter who told me what was happening.  My other daughter then drove me to the Island. He looks good, and is feeling much better.  

Oh my. I'm glad he's getting better. Glad your nephew was there!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh sorry. I hadn't read that when I posted. I hope everything works out okay. It is wonderful that you have family that can drive you in a stressful situation. :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1